Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:53pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry folks you need to move off this thread with the anime crap. Everybody knows that all anime sucked after Robotech.

Back on the subject though, I read the article (which meant I glanced through it because I'm boycotting Blackbelt Magazine.) and I think there are a few schools out there that are going to say that they do one when they're really doing another. There's a lot of denial out there. Especially in Egypt.

(did anybody get that?)

Go away I'm talking to myself

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 8:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what is it and adults hating kids its like anyone under 18 is a complete moron who's a mtv drone and wants to learn lethal moves so can they randomly kill anyone who pisses them off.
    There's two types of folk who start martial arts before 18: socially inept geeks and Judo-Kid.

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahahahahahahaha...........**** you.

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 8:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to imagine Judo-Kid as Magilla Gorilla, nothing more.

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazillian Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >hahahahahahahaha...........**** you.

Hey, quit stealing my lines!!

[edit]
    ...oh yeah, and, uh, Black Belt sucks. Was that close enough to on topic? ;)

Edited by - gong sau on February 10 2003 21:59:30
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 11:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THIS THREAD WAS HIJACKED FOR A REASON!!!

CHOOSING THE RIGHT ANIME IS VERY IMPORTANT IT COULD MEAN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A COOL ANIME LOVER OF A SEXLESS UNSOCIALABLE SAD LITTLE BEING!!!!

>I'm sorry folks you need to move off this thread with the anime crap. Everybody knows that all anime sucked after Robotech.

There is a place in anime hell for you Omega!!! And besides the amercian run of MACROSS does not compare with the unedit orginal run.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 11:47pm

Style: WC, etc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with gong sau-Black Belt sucks.

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 12:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting back on topic, I've just gotta say that I love karate's variety. You know, you guys have got your boxing and your Muay Thai, and that's fine, but I just love the way karate gives you endless options for how to use you body. You've got hard blocks, deflecting blocks, soft hits, hard hits, kicks, knees, elbows, backfists, palms, throws, sweeps, sprawls (with God as my witness, there is a sprawl in Isshin-Ryu karate that existed long before UFC made grappling the hot new fad. It happens in Kusanku kata, and if you saw it, you'd realize that's what it pretty much HAS to be), joint locks, pretty much every move you'll find in boxing and Muay Thai (we practice the Thai kick in my dojo, and as for hand techniques, well, one of the black belts just told me that the biggest difference between boxing punches and karate punches were the names). There's endless things to tinker around with in the way of body mechanics and positioning. A slight turn of the hand in a block can create an ENORMOUS change in effect, and that's sexy. Plus, you've got kata. I know it ain't too popular 'round these parts, but I love kata. I mean, I don't even have all the kata yet, but I already know literally hundreds of different applications for what I do know. I don't consider that to be spreading myself thin, either. I consider it as having a massive palette to choose from.

Now if only I could spar...

Edited by - boyd on February 10 2003 23:27:55

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 4:46pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vampire Princess Miyu ROCKS

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shut the **** up hoe, paul vunak is a bitch!!!!!!!!! gary dill for life!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast