Posted On:
    12/27/2004 7:36pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know how to read?
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    I told them that it was pointless to bitch to me about it because they were in charge. If they wanted somebody removed just ask.
    PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 9:52pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Missed it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 10:05pm

Style: Mung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll tell this story but try not to get a hard on. Last thing I want you guys to do is going "see....I told you so"

In 1994 I got heavily into SAMBO which was precursored to a year of studying shootfighting and 8 years of Judo. After the UFC had shown I was walking around like a peacock. I had been working out with pure grapplers for about a year and was tapping people left and right including pseudo practitioners in BJJ (This is before I really got out there and was just a small fish in an even smaller pond).

I was bouncing at a local pub that was hosting a sorority/faternity party. I had only 4 guys doing security with me. A heated discussion was being conducted at the patio entrance and I excused the door guy to see what I could do. As the discussion got even more heated (something about throwing one guy out because he didn't belong), I told them that it was pointless to bitch to me about it because they were in charge. If they wanted somebody removed just ask.

Just then a guy behind the girl I was talking to got into a real huff and started talking about kicking my ass. I couldn't understand where that was coming from so I told him to come outside and explain he refused so without asking for back up I chose to physically throw the guy out myself without even scouting the situation fully. As I grabbed the guy he went for a tackle, I switched up to do a reaping hip throw when two other guys jumped in. One grabbed my foot the other grabbed my arm and the guy landed on me in full mount position. (Yeah, this is the oh **** situation).

I couldn't break lose, my appendages were fully pinned and the guy was 1 second from raining down the 'hail Maries' when one of his faternity brothers jumped in and pulled him off of me. As I got up thinking "Damn, I was about to get my ass kicked" I asked him what his problem was. His reply?

"I heard you call my girlfriend a bitch!!"

I explained to him what I actually said. The other bouncers came over at this time wondering what was happening and I chewed them a new one. I think I was personally just angry because I had made such an obvious blunder.

Not as funny as the other ones but I thought some of you might like it.

more please :-)

but as per the nunchucks being useless, isnt a jumping snap front kick as well but it worked for you, and like fucking duh you disarmed that dude with the chucks,,,, could he have disarmed you though . :-)

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 10:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tai-gip
    more please :-)

but as per the nunchucks being useless, isnt a jumping snap front kick as well but it worked for you, and like fucking duh you disarmed that dude with the chucks,,,, could he have disarmed you though . :-)
    Translation:

Jumping front snap kicks are useless, but it worked?

Don't get the disarmed bit though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 11:06pm

Style: Mung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy
    Translation:

Jumping front snap kicks are useless, but it worked?

Don't get the disarmed bit though.
    originaly said

and i was only talking to omega anyway

Well Zeddy dear,
    Based on how and what omega says and what others say about him its obvious he can handle himself, so "proving" to some inexperianced individual that nunchucks are ineffective dosnt prove they are. Perhaps fighting an exact clone of himself armed with nunchucks and easily disarming them would prove a point though lol who leads with the nunchucks ?? but i like the stories ... ;-) :laughing6
    Last edited by tai-gip; 12/27/2004 11:09pm at .
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/28/2004 2:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omega,

cool thread

tai-gip,

>Perhaps fighting an exact clone of himself armed with nunchucks
    >and easily disarming them would prove a point though

Does the clone get a jet pack?
    Last edited by 9chambers; 12/28/2004 2:07am at .

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/28/2004 3:35am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, is the clone the evil kind or the mindless slave kind?

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2004 4:15am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tai-gip
    and i was only talking to omega anyway
    Yeah, too bad technology isn't far enough along the way that you could send a Private Message to someone if you don't want other people butting in or something...

Edit: Spelling. [Manuel]I speak English very good, I learn it from a book![/Manuel]
    Last edited by Otaku Waffle; 12/28/2004 1:43pm at .

Loving Father

Posted On:
    12/28/2004 8:18am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was bouncing at a local pub that was hosting a sorority/faternity party. I had only 4 guys doing security with me. A heated discussion was being conducted at the patio entrance and I excused the door guy to see what I could do. As the discussion got even more heated (something about throwing one guy out because he didn't belong), I told them that it was pointless to bitch to me about it because they were in charge. If they wanted somebody removed just ask.

Just then a guy behind the girl I was talking to got into a real huff and started talking about kicking my ass. I couldn't understand where that was coming from so I told him to come outside and explain he refused
    *LOL
    I was in a similar situation in 1990. . .but it ended the opposite way. . .

As I was speaking to the guy trying to diffuse the situation (I'm about 5'10", the guy was about 6'0"), he mouths off again about kicking my a$$. Out of nowhere (well, actually, over my right shoulder) comes this overhand right that clocks the guy in the face, his eyes roll up into his head, his head hits the door jamb, he's KTFO. I turn to see wtf's behind me, and see my 6'5" 310# friend just grinning his a$$ off. . .I turn back to the guy, and my other friends are stomping him on the ground. They drag him back into the club, toss him down the back stairwell (inside fire escape), and the building security (notified by the alarms going off due to the emergency door being opened) proceed to GnP him some more, then lay him out across the street at the bus stop. Ahh. . .the good ol' days!

`~/
    Last edited by Meex; 12/28/2004 8:20am at .

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    12/28/2004 10:00am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9chambers
    >Perhaps fighting an exact clone of himself armed with nunchucks
    >and easily disarming them would prove a point though

Does the clone get a jet pack?
    No, jetpacks are worthless in real fights. They are very heavy and set fire to your trousers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast