Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2012 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I haven't been in the mood to recollect but most of the modern stories are more of me just walking away from fights. Nothing special.
    Can we at least get the rest of the TT story?
    King without a crown

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 3:33pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Following Coffeefan's story;

TT texted me the next day apologizing for his behavior; he was sure that I had seen this before. No I hadn't. Where as I was willing to let bygones be bygones I didn't believe his apology and wanted to see what would happen in time. At this point realize his girlfriend had also tested and passed. IMO he started pressuring her and she eventually left the gym. The details are subjective on the matter.

Last year (literally) he had posted comment on a picture of our guys doing well at a competition on our facebook page. Some of our members go mad so I removed the comment. I also removed a comment he put on a comment about my daughter which I found disrespectful.

A few days later I get this PM from him via facebook. About a 100 word rant. My response was (paraphrase)Dude, you're getting mad over something you don't understand, this is just like that temper tantrum you did at the test, and that the reason for me removing his comments were not as bad as he thought they were. His next rant was just a bit shorter, this time involving my parents. Then accused me of avoiding telling him why I had done what I done. I simply told him if had simply asked I would have told him but instead he just wants to rant.

His next response he decided to cross the line. His remark ended with "....you're married a ridiculously ugly woman." I decided not to let it get to me. I let him know he could always come down to the gym and say it to my face, and that one day I would give him the opportunity to say these things to my face.

Christmas came early last year. I saw him in a Chinese Restaurant. I walked up to him to give him a chance to say what he needed to say outside; I even told him I wasn't there to fight, that he could say without any fear of getting hurt. He refused to take the situation outside, and I refused to let the situation drop. So he said some babbling **** right there in the restaurant,the details are irrelevant, and afterwards I went to go join my wife. As my wife and I left I went up to the manager to apologize for the situation I caused then I walked over to where he was sitting and I apologized to his family for causing a scene.

At which he screamed "Don't you ever talk to my family".

His dad looked at him and lectured "If a man wants to apologize let him..."

I walked away, mission completed.

So does it end there? Not even close but that's probably a story for another time.
    So some of you wanted to know what followed. It wasn't as dramatic but definitely more laughable. He then contacted his friends and family and told them his skewed version of the story. They then wrote reviews on Yelp and various other locations bad mouthing my location. We managed to get one of them removed but the other was more interesting. I did some investigation on the person via my google fu. Found them on facebook and realized this was his aunt. Her facebook page was not set for private so I got to find out all her information including the fact she trained at a mcdojo and got a "Blackbelt".

I put together a professional response and ironically enough I've gotten nearly a dozen new students because of her review. We turned around and turned her negative into a positive. Does it end there? No, he ended up training at a Gracie Barra affiliate. He some students not to come train with us because we were so demanding and we trained to hard. They ended up joining our merry band. I actually believe one of them started posting on Bullshido too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 4:56pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is part of that post missing?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 5:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, click on the quote and it'll send you back to the original post and the other part is right above that.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, click on the quote and it'll send you back to the original post and the other part is right above that.
    That post certainly seems to be missing some crucial sentences, and clicking the quote doesn't reveal them. If I were to guess, I'd say TT's family and friends posted negative reviews about your school online, but that's not explicitly spelled out in the story.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 3:41pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    That post certainly seems to be missing some crucial sentences, and clicking the quote doesn't reveal them. If I were to guess, I'd say TT's family and friends posted negative reviews about your school online, but that's not explicitly spelled out in the story.
    Thanks for that, my mind has been pretty scattered as of late.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw TT's aunt's review on yelp, where she mentions the "scene in the restaurant", and calls on a background in three traditional martial arts as qualification for her opinions.

It's always bothered me, the opening of review sites to any old ape with a sense of taste distilled from the **** scraped out of a burger shack's grease trap. There is an astonishing number of idiots in the world, and in the rare instances where I consider someone's review before making my own I want some bloody assurance that the extent of lil' Ebert's exposure to his medium isn't "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo"".

See http://xkcd.com/756/
    Last edited by The Cap; 10/15/2012 5:05pm at .
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334