Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 2:12am

Style: Judo N00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post

Just saying. Actually, I'd be happy if there were some more stories, too.
    Thanks for that. Don't often actually post on forums, just lurk around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 4:36am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turrry View Post
    There's still the issue of the lingering weapon story that never made it into this thread...

DO WANT.
    Plus the Judo story...we need more stories!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/21/2012 6:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prone View Post
    Plus the Judo story...we need more stories!
    This omega fellow seems like a pretty badass dude!

I could still take him...... in Street Fighter........

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/21/2012 11:18pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually thought it would be fun to show some of my friends that were present for these stories to chime in. Facebook is a wonderful thing. I've had only one incident since this thread went dead.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2012 2:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell us more inspirational stories!

some of us have not had many fights.....or at least none worth talking about.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 5:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I have been holding this one in reserve for the past year. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I'd like everybody to remember I do not consider these any form of bragging . As a matter of fact a few of my stories I wish I could've done differently if time travel were an option:

So last year we "acquired" and "experienced" fellow. According to him he had been doing ke?po since he was a kid and BJJ for the past 3 years. The "gentleman" joined my gym with the intentions of being a MMA fighter. The guy was 6'1" 250lbs (1.8 meters, 113kg)

In his first class, which was run by Mrs Cofeefan, he exclaimed, out loud, that he should be training with me and not some girl. (paraphrasing here). Later that week he showed up to sparring and I told him how we sparred around here; usually light contact unless you agree with your partner and then you should wear the proper safety equipment. Unfortunately he insisted on fighting our main heavy weight 6'3" 240lbs (1.95 meters 108.8 kg). It originally went light but the new guy decided to escalate the contact until our veteran finally just busted his nose. To his credit the new guy came back next week ready to move forward.

Through the on going weeks he would refuse to show up to warm ups, pretty much walked off the floor during several lessons and constantly worked against his partners when working techniques.
    On his third week I finally took him aside and had a talk with him. He seemed to understand but was eager to participate in the in house tournament/smoker we were having that weekend.

He ended up actually competing against Sirc in a sumo match (yeah you read that right). Sumo ended up beating himself by attempting a drop seo nage and allowing his knee to hit the ground on the throw. I'll let Sirc tell that part of the story. He took 3rd in the grappling.

Later we had some boxing smokers and he signed up and did pretty well, against a guy who he outweighed by 40lbs. Well the following week came up and he was back to his old antics. The assistant coaches were finally tired of it and started taking him apart during free grappling; even though he outweighed all of them.

Finally everything came to a head when he showed up during a afternoon class where he showed up nearly a half hour late. He walked on the floor as if he was part of class. I chose to ignore it and we started working on armbars from guard.

*Tangent: At this point some of the other instructors and students just came in and I asked them to read this to make sure I wasn't missing anything. One student was telling me how he'd always go up to the smaller, half his size, guys and just laid on top of them, or that apparently he always asked me to spar with him, I don't remember that.

Anyway-

As we paired off I noticed him yanking his arm out of his partners grasp. I told him we weren't at that level yet and we continued to practice. I noticed him doing it again, to a partner who had only been training for two weeks. I told him not to do that and then he gave me the excuse that he wasn't doing it right.

So I ask him "Do you not know how to train correctly?"

"haha, that's a double negative"

*deep breath

"1. No, that's not a double negative
    2. Don't go there, as far as you're concerned the United States of America ends at the beginning of this floor and I'm supreme dictator; and I am always right.

Now I'll ask again, do you not know how to train, or in other words, to you know proper training etiquette?"

"Huh?"

"Look, you told me you trained for years, I know your former BJJ instructor, are you telling me that they never told you how to work with your partner?"

"I don't get it"

"Dude, why do you have to be a dick on the floor!?"

At this point everybody stopped training to watch the dialogue.

"You can't call me that."

"Why not?"

"Because that's not nice"

(group snickering)

"Okay, why does your attitude have to be detrimental to the progress of others training advancements, because you feel that your training needs exceed that of your fellow students?"

"What?"

"Why do you have to be a dick on the floor?"

"You can't talk to me that way."

"Look (name left out), you can't have it both ways", I look around to the others for some help "Can any of you guys help me verbalize this better?"

Everybody shrugged their shoulders and shook their head.

I took a deep breath and tried to explain to him how we do things and the proper etiquette. He managed to last for about 10 minutes before he was right back at it. As he came off the floor I went to go talk to him about everything he had done until then. He then turned his back and says "I don't care you can't talk to me that way".

"Look (name left out) you're an adult, if that language is not what you like that fine but I hear you talk like that all the time so let's not be hypocritical. "

"I don't care just back off"

"Not if you're going to keep acting like this in my gym, the other coaches have been after me to talk to you"

"Look why don't you just put on the mitts?"

*Blank look.

Everybody in the room was looking at the guy.

"Do you really know what that means?"

"Yeah man, put on the mitts"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah...."

"Okay, get your ass in the cage I'll be right back".

I went over to my office to get my mma gloves and mouth piece. As I was looking some of my students asked if everything was okay. I told them if they think I'm out of line let me know now. One of my senior guys said "No, he needs to be put in his place". I noticed him walking up and down the hall way as I was getting ready.

"What's going on?"

"Dude, you just challenged me to a fight."

"What do you mean?"

"You told me to put on the mitts, that means let's put the gloves on and we're going to fight.....did you want to take that back?"

"Well no, I'm not afraid of you"

"Well good for you...."

"But that's not what I meant."

"What did you mean then?"

"I mean you're coming at me like a cat and you should put on some mittens"

"Like that's any better? Get your ass in the cage or get the **** out of here."

"I'm not afraid of you"

"Yes you told me, get your ass in the cage"

"Well let me find some gloves"

"You won't need them"

"What are the rules"

"Don't bite, no eye shots"

"Well that means I can hit you in the nuts"

"Yes it does, now get in the cage"

So we both got in the cage "For the record one of us has to quit for this to end"

"Okay..."

"You ready?"

"Yeah"

At this point I lay in a leg shot. He finally realized how serious I was. He firmed up his fighting stance and I leg kicked him. He then screamed at me like 6 year old throwing a temper tantrum and threw 4 wild shots at me that I simply evaded. When he stopped I leg shot him again. Again he screamed and took a wild shot at me which I simply covered my head and took. Then I replied with another leg shot.

"Are all you going to do is stand there and kick me?"

I replied with a kick to the leg, round house to the abdomin, and a round house to his head where he promptly staggered face first into the cage panel and turned around. He screamed again and let another 3 haymakers go, evaded the 1st, blocked the second and allowed the third one to hit me. I stepped back and took out my mouthpiece "Dude, if that's the hardest you can hit you're fucked..."and put my mouth piece back in my mouth.

He then took another swing at me and I ducked under and leg kicked him again.

He screamed at me "Stop kicking me!!!"

So I punched him in the stomach and dropped him. I contemplated following him to the ground but that was too easy. I did a slight kick to his butt and said "Come on tough guy show me you want this"

He got up.

"You want to keep doing this?"

Weak kick.

At this point I decided I needed to end this so I body shot him again.

"Do you give up?"

"N....."

Before he could finish I punched him again.

"Do you give up?"

"NO!"

I grabbed him and started to knee the crap out of his thighs, he attempted to tackle me and I threw him against the cage. I planted one more shot into his stomach.

"Do you give up?"

"N.."

Before he could finish I laid into his leg again, kicked him in the face and then kicked his legs out from under him, I then ripped 2 heavy shots into his kidney.

"Are you done"

"Yes, no more."

I proceeded to pick him up and lecture him on all the things he had done at the gym. I had hoped that this time it would sink in. I told him he had to listen to all the coaches, not just me. I told him no more skipping warm ups, no more walking off the floor, and he'd have to start grappling with everybody who was closer to his size.

So what happened? He was fine for the first week back. The next week he skipped out on warm ups and tried to walk on the floor. I told him no, you're more than welcome to go upstairs and train but you miss warm ups and you don't get to do class. He walked off the floor....

"For the record this is my last day, I'm quitting after this...."

The room erupted into clapping.

*Did not check for grammatical or spelling errors.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 5:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *waits patiently for muertard*

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 5:09pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking as I was typing.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sumo match ended 3 to 2 with him basically just taking up 80% of the ring.

He was a douche and there is no way he trained for that long and sucked that bad. There was 4 times I grappled with him and every time I managed to get something ridiculous on him with ease. My favorite was the triangle armbar from S-mount with him having 0 idea what to do. **** that guy.

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 5:16pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    lmao.

Nice Omega, reading this makes me realize I should write up some of my stories.