Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    12/30/2004 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bufujita
    Thanks for visiting. The page is down a lot because Bufujita's version of Dave's page is much better and draws more of a crowd. :)
    I wonder why. I wish we could flame the guy. :blob8:
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2004 11:07pm

Style: ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think what bothers me the most about this guy is that he evades every legitemate question I've ever seen asked of him. I suppose his evasiveness makes him a soke. :/

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/30/2004 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kistrael
    I wonder why. I wish we could flame the guy. :blob8:
    warriormonk@aol.com
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 12:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, his lesser known page is:
    http://members.aol.com/warriormonk/

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 12:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that's an awesome page.

He claims to be a buddhist monk. Wow, for a buddhist monk he sure seems the victim of a lot of petty desires.

And I doubt with that gigantic belly that he's adhering to a vegetarian diet.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 1:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure he'd tell you it is a build up of his ki energy, not fat. :wrestlerb

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus Christ do all ninjas religious type LOL eleventy billion times when they post? If I ever think I've caught a ninja I'm going to ask them to make a random post on a forum. If they use LOL 10 times in a paragraph, I've obviously discovered a real live ninja.

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/09/2005 3:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UPDATE: Great thread on D'antonio on e-budo.com: http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/show...5&pagenumber=1

The links on the first page are dead, but there's some absolutely devastating comments made by some former students of his later on in the thread.

Just thought I would chime in before this thread ends. I'm the uke with hopeless ukemi, uncomitted attacks etc. from the videos and I'm also listed on the associates section of Super Dave's website. Anyone may reach me via the email listed on that page if you wish to.

Of course Dave is a whack job. I was impressed by Soulend's astute psychlogical assessment and find it strikingly accurate. I agree he should go the Bad Budo section and be made sticky. Anything we can do to make it harder for him to teach would be a benefit to unsuspecting martial arts students.

I would also let him post, he's hilarious, especially WHEN HE SHOUTS!!!

As for his students posting for him, I don't beleive he has any. Training with him was taken by most with a grain of salt, especially his ridiculous claims. He was able to teach a certain level of Bujinkan based, self defense type material but all of his students eventually outgrew his instruction and skill level and had to look elsewhere for training.

I welcome your PM and posts in reply, thank you for your helpful research.

Dean Ghabarou
    From http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/show...5&pagenumber=6

And,

I, from the time of the 1996 Atlanta Bujinkan Taikai, knew that Dave was making fraudulent claims, when after attending the Taikai, he returned with that bizarre story about not only having taken the Bujinkan Godan test, but, also claiming that Hatsumi Sensei had promoted him to 8th Dan in “Koga Ryu Ninpo”. He attempted to rationalize this by pointing to a previous Taikai, where Sensei had given rank to one of Ronald Duncan’s students, Felix Vasquez. I was convinced that this was nonsense, but, was unsure what to do about it, as I had already brought in dozens of people to train with Dave, and I knew he had sway over them. That same year I had started training with Torrey Bolden, Bujinkan Shodan under John Sedia, who I also trained with, from time to time.
    Finally, in 1997, all of Dave’s senior students noted his contradictions and we voted to break with him. Unfortunately I was unable to separate everyone that I brought in, from him, and thus, I am sending you various proofs of my argument. You will note his own hand is clearly present in the documents.
    Take a look at the Bufukan Lineage, pictures of Dave in SKH kamae, and the attendant godai explanation of each, which we all know are peculiar to SKH. Also, note the reference to me as "Mushitera", which we all know was Takamatsu's pet name for MH.
    As concerns his rank, you'll note the WBBB certificate, and the inscriptions on the back. You'll also notice that his original rank, Yondan, quickly evolves to Hachidan, and later, after I left, Soke. He also, not only claims rank in the Bujinkan, but, as a mere Godan, then confers menkyo in Takagi Yoshin Ryu, Kukishiden Ryu Happo Biken, and less loftily, grants me a shodan in BBT.
    Lastly, note that at least up until 1998, Dave never used the name Koga Ryu Wada Ha, instead, he used the same "Koga Ryu" moniker that is the resort of all the frauds. This fact is further substantiated by the Takeda Ryu Ninpo certificate that he issued, for had he known about Koga Ryu Wada Ha, then, he never would have conferred this absurd certificate, as even a legitimate connection to Fujita, doesn't explain this.
    Regards,
    Phillip
    From http://daviddantonio.tripod.com/ where you can also find some pictures.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2005 4:47am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look...I did not read all 4 pages of this thread - maybe someone mentioned this already. The 'KOGA' school of N/J is long gone - and was revived (LOL) by one Ronald Duncan after reading Andy Adams book about 'Ninja - The Invisable Assassins' -- hell, claim a ryu long dead, and spread around enough crap - and some eventually sticks to the dojo wall.
    ALL 'koga' lineage was long gone before this century started - but, the frickin wanna be - like all the 'Fujitas' - use it because they are too secret for the regular m.a. historian to find. BULLSHIDO!

I went into the Hun site mentioned above - and this clown offers Batleth training....learn the way of honor of the Klingon warriors...The fricking Klingon warriors! Now, its one thing to claim a liniage that actually existed at one time in human history - BUT TO CLAIM KNOWLEDGE OF THE WAY OF HONOR OF A FICTICIOUS WARRIOR RACE FROM STAR TREK?
    OMG! What a moron.

I am not one of the 'evangelists' of m.a. - I am now 50 years old...and have seen alot of crap in my decades in study. ALOT!

Perhaps its just the onset of senility -- but since this jerk is NYC based, and even somehow lauded in the local media - why do I feel a sudden compulsion to find his school and 'discuss' his claims?

The only thing that keeps me from doing it is that he must also be experienced in the use of the phaser - set to disintegrate...and my insurance would require a corpse before paying out my death benefit.

Batleth! The Klingon 'sword of honor' -- NOW, available to each and every gullible schmuck with the enrollment fee.

Just when I think I have seen it get as bad as possible - someone comes along - and LOWERS the bar.

As P.T.Barnum once said 'You will NEVER go broke by underestimating the gullibility of the public"...or words to that effect. An old aquaintance, Mr. J. Randi; would twitch if he read about this!

*Frickin Klingons!*
    (I now finish my rum and coke, strip naked - and go running off into the woods -- for surely the age of reason is coming to an end).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2005 1:57pm

Style: Martial Mathematics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He says he has a school in AZ. I should try to find it and see what's up with him...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast