Sponsored Links Spacer Image

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 8:49am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WMACPR, what you and your association are doing with belts isn't illegal and I don't think anyone here is accusing you of committing any crimes.

It's just that the certificates you offer don't seem to be worth the paper they're printed on, and leave a nasty taste in the mouths of the people here who care about quality martial arts, and who spent considerable time and effort earning valid qualifications and experience.

The university of Michigan, on the other hand, like most non MA people see it as something to keep kids occupied. They don't care about the quality of what's being taught: as long as what your doing doesn't break any laws, and the cheque clears, they're more than happy to rent you out a sports hall.

Also, just because your event is held in an academic institution, instead of some commercial exhibition space, doesn't lend it any additional credibility. Oxford and Cambridge are generally thought of as the two top universities in the UK, and for years a bogus university was using their facilities to host its award ceremonies, fooling a lot of people into thinking it was legit. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7175730.stm
    Last edited by CrackFox; 1/09/2008 8:56am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 9:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes is right but do you will permit an event in your house if you will know that your reputation can get affected with that, I don't think so. About why we do that I can answer you that question for the organization but you can contact their President GM Ibraham Ahmed and he can explain it better at IbrahamAhmed@aol.com . What is illegal here is that you are talking here about a corporation that even the Dearborn CityHall Mayor assist to ours events and in the 2006 we count with the presence of the Governor of Michigan. Do they also go to our event it is not reputable?

Now I am talking about me, every test that I conduct is tested by me in person. Second they ofend me without reason when I try to explain my self. This is not honorable in the Martial Arts neigther. They make words of me is that an example of the Martial Arts, provoque other to fight?

Why talk about something that you do not know? If you do not have something good to say, do not said it unless you have the evidence. You are talking about a organization that have a lot of good GM and Instructor in their files and many friendships. Why try to insult them also?
    Last edited by WMACPR; 1/09/2008 9:17am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 9:36am

Style: Wing Chun; Modern Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WMACPR
    This is my last post in this thread, Do you beleave that the University of Michigan that is one of the 15 most important Universities in the United States will allow us to use their logo in our tournament website; and allow us to use the University facilities if we have a bad reputation? Do you beleave that the University of Michigan will take that chance? Do you think that we thief that logo, if so you can contact them and tell them that we are using their logo without their authorization.

Also, Do you beleave that any of the invited will go to our tournament if we have a bad reputation, I don't think so... Neitheir if we offer them money. They will not take that chance! They came because they beleave in what we are.
    As a student of a martial arts degree course (at an actual university), I can tell you that you university association means nothing at all in regards to the quality of your martial arts.

1000 words for black belt? That's nothing.

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 9:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, that Battle of Detroit looks like a fun kids martial arts tournament: an exciting day out and everyone gets a prize. What's more, it's for charity, how could anyone be against that?

Still though, I don't see how the event lends any credibility to the separate issue of the certificates you issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WMAPCR
    Now I am talking about me, every test that I conduct is tested by me in person.
    From reading the website, that doesn't seem to be company policy:

Quote Originally Posted by www.worldmartialartscollege.com
    Certification requirements: Three months of documented training for each belt certification under black belt and a video of forms for each black belt promotion: 1st Dan- Form Kyoro, 2nd -Dan Keum Gang, 3rd Dan- Tae Baek, 4th Dan- Pyon won and Ship Jin, 5th Dan- Ji, Tae and Cheon Kwon, 6th Dan- Han Soo and Il Yo.
    That looks like a video is sufficient to me. Maybe the website needs to be changed to clear up any confusion?

One last thing: what charity is the expo in aid of, and what's its registration number?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 9:56am

Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow there sure are alot logical fallacies involved in your statement WMACPR.

Unless of course the Governor or Mayor are Martial arts experts, you do not gain innocence by association.

Same issue with Michigan, as CrackFox has already brought into light. Their requirements involve making sure the check clears, and making sure the teacher is allowed to teach said art and thats it. Not much quality assurance there now is there?

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but I am curious as to your credentials.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox

Also, just because your event is held in an academic institution, instead of some commercial exhibition space, doesn't lend it any additional credibility. Oxford and Cambridge are generally thought of as the two top universities in the UK, and for years a bogus university was using their facilities to host its award ceremonies, fooling a lot of people into thinking it was legit. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7175730.stm
    I almost quoted this as an example (but wasn't sure WAAWAAMFKCA would understand) as it was fresh in my mind after seeing it on tv the other night.

Good example.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The World Martial Arts College and all their events and administration have been supporting the homeless people and their childrend of the State of Michigan that are without health insurance with their medical treatment and medical bills that they can affort. We like corporation have been doing this for almost 37 years consecutive.

Also we conduct classes in the States of Michigan without cost to the childrend of families that can affort it and that have overweight problems to help them with their condition of overweight and help them to get in shape with the supervision and medical atention.

Sorry for my english.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:47am

Style: muaythai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1000 words isn't much for a black belt.

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 11:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WMACPR: it's great to hear that you're helping people like that. But could you just clarify for me the IRS registration number of the charity? Cheers.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 11:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1,000 words

That is nothing if you have experience in the Martial Arts.

How a Master can not write 1,000 words if he said that have 10 years or more in the Martial Arts. He can explain us his phylosophy and his personal experience, how he can help to promote his style, about his Instructors, well in 10 years of his experience he can write 1,000 words very easy. One person that do not have much experience and pretend to be a Martial Arts maybe will not have words to say. So this is just a screen for initial procedures in a test for validate a person that is already tested in his Martial Arts Style. Remember that he is already tested in his organization. We just are validating what he is say. We require also copies of all certificates that this person said that have. Every certificate is verified thru ours conections and friendly associations of us. For the WTF test you can buy it with paypal but them GM Ibraham Ahmed will contact you for the proper verification of your rank. Somebody have to know you and we have contact with almost all the WTF organizations thru our GM Kyo Yoon Lee founder of the Taekwondo Hanmookwan and he is Chief of the Dan Office of the Kukkiwon he is also advisor of the World Martial Arts College and Instructor of Grand Master Ibraham Ahmed, also GM Dr. Ibraham Ahmed is VP of the USA Taekwondo in Michigan and have athorization to speak with all Nationals WTF organization for inquiries in rank and status of a student that request a WTF rank. If you are from Kung Fu, Karate or other style we can not certified you WTF (the certificates of WTF are from the Kukkiwon and not from the World Martial Arts College) if we do not test you in person. Remember that if you have previous experience of MA is may probably that we do not have to teach you how to do the basic kicks (From, Side, etc...) and if you have previous experience doing forms if may be probably that you learn the forms more quickly. Results depend in each individual.

Remember also that a rank certificate just say what is the skill level of that person in his style, if responsability of all of us to keep this skills... and do not garantee that he can success in the street fight. In my years of MA I have not seen anybody stoping a bullet.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast