Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 3:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    You learn that secret when you're a "master" or you can order my home study DVDs for the one time low price of $899.

Any claim that it involves American Sign Language are lies spread by my competitors!
    sorry, im behind the play... already answered

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 9:11am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    You may now refer to me as the Reverend Codos. Thanks online credentials. Anybody want to get married?
    Me and Lily, but shhh, don't tell her, I'm planning for it to be a surprise and her present fiancee would probably object :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 9:22am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I should pay the money and get promoted from green belt to 5th Dan and be a master and open my own school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 9:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quite apart from the 'being able to instruct and open a dojo' angle why do people want to pay out to get a piece of paper that says that they have acheived a level they haven't?

surely anyone with the actual level will be able to tell?
    you'd get slaughtered in a fight, embaressed and discredited.

it's like me paying 500 to get a piece of paper that says that i'm a circus acrobat.
    i could wave the certificate around and be all smug but at the slightest challenge i couldn't produce the goods.

also i agree with what someone said about a black belt not necessarily determining that a person is automatically an instructor.
    i know teenagers who are black belts that i wouldn't be instructed by if i was paid. and i'm an 8th kyu newbie.
    just because someone knows something doesn't mean they're fit to teach.
    i mean i have to help out showing new people their first katas and im impatient and occasionally grouchy.

although the need for an instructors licence and a CRB check would just results in more paper fakage.
    *sigh*

*waits patiently for an international governing body*

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 10:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael
    quite apart from the 'being able to instruct and open a dojo' angle why do people want to pay out to get a piece of paper that says that they have acheived a level they haven't?
    $$$ $$$
    surely anyone with the actual level will be able to tell?
    you'd get slaughtered in a fight, embaressed and discredited.
    Sure, but by the time the bogus guy is operating a dojo/class whatever, his students will usually believe any challenging of his credentials is disprespectful (cos he'd have told them that), and any outsiders would be jealous of him, and trying to steal his students. To eat them. In a pie.
    Also, these guys don't compete, usually don't spar in class, so by the time the noobs are good enough to know the difference between good and bad, the boat has long sailed.

it's like me paying 500 to get a piece of paper that says that i'm a circus acrobat.
    i could wave the certificate around and be all smug but at the slightest challenge i couldn't produce the goods.
    Juggle for me? Jiggle, then?

*waits patiently for an international governing body*
    Hi, I'm an international governing body. I have certificates. You can join me for $49.99.
    As a reward for your services to martial arts (by joining me in the fight against bogus instructors), I'm going to award you with an honorary black belt. I'll embroider it for $29.99 with your name, my name and the name of the dark gods we both serve.
    :laughing5

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 9:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Juggle for me? Jiggle, then?
    you aint got the cash for that.
    buy a belt and open a dojo.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Hi, I'm an international governing body. I have certificates. You can join me for $49.99.
    As a reward for your services to martial arts (by joining me in the fight against bogus instructors), I'm going to award you with an honorary black belt. I'll embroider it for $29.99 with your name, my name and the name of the dark gods we both serve.
    :laughing5
    can you embroider "karate bitch" in Georgian on my belt with pacman on the reverse side?
    thanks

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 3:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems that bull.... is prevelent everywhere. How does one become a godan in just 5 years? These associations or"colleges" are formed to promote private agendas. Politics, greed,and self promotion is the message of the day. Everybody wants a higher rank they can post on their wall to sell their business. It's easier to buy grades or certification than to earn it and in the MA industry money is the motivating factor. Sickening is'nt it........ I see this happening in my own hometown. But who am I to judge someone trying to make a buck? Credentials are everything in the MA industry. What I object to is the "mcdojos" that operate with these false certifications ,producing blackbelts who don't have the skills to defend themselve if needed. That's the real crime. Watch out for posers........

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 3:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninbubbaja
    What I object to is the "mcdojos" that operate with these false certifications ,producing blackbelts who don't have the skills to defend themselve if needed. That's the real crime. Watch out for posers........

I think we all object to that. If I could do one thing in this world before I die, it would be educate people about McDojos and what to look for, or get rid of them altogether which won't happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 7:53pm

Style: Tae Kwon Did

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by asimpson2006
    I think we all object to that. If I could do one thing in this world before I die, it would be educate people about McDojos.
    Isn't that what we do here on Bullshido.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 9:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can join this too:

http://www.worldjidokwan.com/membership.htm

http://www.wbbb.org/

http://www.tkd-itf.org/pub_web/ver_eng/index.html

http://www.kempoassociation.com/

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7202/Brazi...u-Basics-vol-1

http://hdcov.com/images/pps3/5388750.php

http://www.worldkickboxingassociatio...blackbelts.htm

So now you can certificate your self by any organization virtualy and get your bb in bjj, kickboxing, kenpo, kempo, karate and kung fu also, maybe even a certificate for all you also....
    Last edited by WMACPR; 1/08/2008 9:02pm at .
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast