Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 5:50pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu, Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As an example... before I took over one of my classes there was a guy who reached brown belt there, much the same time as I did. He could perform to the standard for his grade, but when I took over the class I threw him out for sexually harassing one of the students.

This was some 2-3 years ago, so he's been a brown belt for that time. He could write to, say, this world MA college, and say he was the victim of politics (this guy still maintains that he was doing nothing wrong). I don't actually believe these people do any checking at all, never mind what they say about reputable organsiations and such.

So he claims he was edged out due to politics, has been trainng since and is ready for BB or 3rd Dan or godhood or whatever, and these people give him a grade. He sets up a class.

Now here's me with enough evidence on this guy to prosecute for several criminal offences (We were preparing a legal case if it came down to it. Witnesses, evidence etc are still Condition One). Point is, suppose one day I find he's teaching a class. What then? Are these people who gave our man his black belt prepared to back him up if I decide to take the legal route to get him closed down? Or will they say 'nah, we just sold him a grade. We're not responsible'.

If it comes down to it... if they sell an instructor level grade to someone without doing any checking and that person gets prosecuted, then I wonder what their position will be. If they can't answer that, well, I won't be surprised.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 5:55pm

Style: Tae Kwon Did

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone here bought a belt yet?

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldiebear
    After twenty-six years study and competition, (not even close to 500 tournements, sorry) I have made it to Rukyu Dan in my style. For those of you in the WMAC that's Japanese for 6th Dan
    I've never heard the word "rukyu" in my 3 years of studying Japanese. If all it means is "six", then something is awry.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 6:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm getting my Masters in TaeKwonDology!
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 7:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kobayashi Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    I've never heard the word "rukyu" in my 3 years of studying Japanese. If all it means is "six", then something is awry.
    Ich, ni, san, chi, go, roku. Please excuse my spelling.
    Last edited by Oldiebear; 1/06/2008 9:29pm at .

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 11:06pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1 is "ichi" and 4 is Shi or Yon, not Chi.

But yeah, it's "roku". I had to test you, because if it's one thing I hate is people who fake a foreign language to sound esoteric. Not saying you would do it, just that your school might.

I remember when I took TKD and the highest ranking person was some middle-aged woman. Being the highest-ranking, she had to go through the "bow to the flag, bow to Master" and then say some stuff in Korean. She butchered it. I don't mean butchered like how you try to say "good morning" in someone's native tongue to sound sincere, I mean like taking a baby and ripping it open with a screw driver. I can only imagine how my instructor (from Korea) must have felt.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 12:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kobayashi Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=Poop Loops]1 is "ichi" and 4 is Shi or Yon, not Chi.

But yeah, it's "roku". I had to test you, because if it's one thing I hate is people who fake a foreign language to sound esoteric. Not saying you would do it, just that your school might.
    [/quote

Gomen Nasai

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 2:10am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiaiki
    Do the maths:

25 years equals five years for each 5th Dan grade ( QUOTE: ''I have 25 years of martial arts experience and hold 5th Degree in Jujitsu, Kung Fu, Taekwondo and Hapkido.''). But no, it's even better - the first one took 9 years, so he achieved a 5th Dan in 4 diverse MA's in 4 years apiece.

Did the training include shooting himself in the foot while holding it in his mouth, perchance?

If anyone wants a sincerely useful freebie, look up the Universal Life Church of California - you can become a Reverend online and apparently put on your dog collar and get busy with the marrying and burying. Think it's www.ulc.org ). ;)
    You may now refer to me as the Reverend Codos. Thanks online credentials. Anybody want to get married?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 2:53am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger
    Has anyone here bought a belt yet?
    i did, i bought a brown belt and instructor certificate. i didnt want a black belt so that it would be easier for people to believe me. after i get teh official certificates im going to ask phrost for a bullshido brown belt and bullshido instructor tag.

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 3:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Dude, I call no man my "master", though I make an exception for really hot women who bring along a ball gag and a "safety" word.

Incidently its career, not "carreer". And you still haven't answered my three questions. Come on, enquiring minds want to know.
    How do you say the safety word with a ball gag on dude?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast