Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 12:12am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chris Geary is always interested in getting another 10th Dan rank!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 12:13am

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WMACPR
    No what I'm saying is do not talk until you know about what you are talking about. I have 25 years of martial arts experience and hold 5th Degree in Jujitsu, Kung Fu, Taekwondo and Hapkido. My first degree took me 9 years of training under Grand Master Henry S. Cho.

(clipped caues it's too fucking long)

After 25 years of professional carreer that why I am a Master and you are just a student.

So in 25 years you're a 5th degree in 4 different arts. Sorry but I'll have to call bullshit simply for that. I've been studying for over 22 years and frankly if either of my instructors ( Al Dacascos & Cacoy Canete are the ones who have given me rank) gave me a 5th degree I'd be giving it back. Further if anyone called me Master I'd be pissed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 12:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: isshin ryu\Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quote=Samuel Browning]Dude, I call no man my "master", though I make an exception for really hot women who bring along a ball gag and a "safety" word.
    How do you say a safety word with a ball gag?

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 12:37am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ka_ju_max
    How do you say a safety word with a ball gag?
    You learn that secret when you're a "master" or you can order my home study DVDs for the one time low price of $899.

Any claim that it involves American Sign Language are lies spread by my competitors!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 4:12am

Style: Ju-Jitsu, Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, some fascinating assertions in there.

'I'm the master and you're just a student'. This guy can actually tell I'm not a master from a couple of posts on a forum. That's right up there with the Tai Chi instructor who told me he knew everything my class did wrong and didn't need to see it to know he was right...

He also knows that people don't come to me to buy their ranks. well, that part is true, though the reason isn't right. In my case it's because:

1. I don't sell rank.
    2. I'd, y'know, expect you to train and stuff. Actually in the class where I could see and everything.

I would dearly like to know... I mean, stop talking down to us and enlighten us... how is it possible to validate someone's rank from a written piece? Am I missing something, because I don't think it's possible... is it like Chi, because I don't 'get' that either...?

Okay, serious question. Please tell me about the process you use to award grades based on a written submission.

Next question. What is so good about these bought ranks that makes them better than the ones I've earned by getting beaten up a lot?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 4:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm also puzzled about this one:

I have to compete in more than 500 tournaments thru my Martial Arts Experience and in 70% or more I have arise with the Championship and Grand Champion, in addition of be Referee of many of them.

You were Champion AND Referee? Yeah, I can see how that would work.

25 years, 500 tournaments. That's 20 a year or about two a month with time off for good behaviour. Assuming a day for travel and general stuff, that's 2 days out of every fortnight spent competing for 25 years.

Do please tell us about these tournaments. Point sparring? Full contact? Death matches? Have you ever fought an ostritch (because I'd like to see that)? And then could you explain how this admittedly incredible* competition record enables you to award instructrships in things as diverse as Kung Fu, Ju-Jitsu and Taekwondo.

* Many people forget that 'incredible' does not mean 'real good'. It actually means 'unbelieveable'. Which is, I think, apt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 5:16am

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do the maths:

25 years equals five years for each 5th Dan grade ( QUOTE: ''I have 25 years of martial arts experience and hold 5th Degree in Jujitsu, Kung Fu, Taekwondo and Hapkido.''). But no, it's even better - the first one took 9 years, so he achieved a 5th Dan in 4 diverse MA's in 4 years apiece.

Did the training include shooting himself in the foot while holding it in his mouth, perchance?

If anyone wants a sincerely useful freebie, look up the Universal Life Church of California - you can become a Reverend online and apparently put on your dog collar and get busy with the marrying and burying. Think it's www.ulc.org ). ;)
    Last edited by kiaiki; 1/06/2008 6:05am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 12:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kobayashi Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After twenty-six years study and competition, (not even close to 500 tournements, sorry) I have made it to Rukyu Dan in my style. For those of you in the WMAC that's Japanese for 6th Dan . That is all I have realy had time to understand. I have also taught for15 years of that time but I wouldn't presume the ego large enough to call myself master. When I first introduced myself in Newbietown I said that I wouldn't knock anyone's style unless it was bullshit, nor anyone's rank unless it was bought. The first year student who worked his ass off for his yellow belt is more honourable than anyone who buys or sells rank. Don't insult people with this crap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 1:36pm

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly these idiots are proliferating. They are canny enough to target 'Little Dragons' who mum and dad are pleased to put thier kids in a 'disciplined' environment, not knowing they have maybe another 15 years of being bled dry by the belt factory.

I'm particularly worried abour paedophiles, as parents assume that these morons have actually been checked, like the other instructors they encounter at school or the local pool.

Come to think of it, most pics of paedos I've seen are fat balding and moustached. Hmmm.
    Last edited by kiaiki; 1/06/2008 3:11pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While selling grades that probably (and I'm being kind here) aren't deserved is one thing, instructorships or grades that are normally assumed to carry instructor status are 'way more dodgy.

Apart from anything else, people might well assume they can trust one of these 'properly accredited' instructors. Child protection issues aside, there's also the safety aspect. MA can be, well, hazardous sometimes.

(As an aside I'm also dubious about the whole black belt = instructor thing. I have driving license but that doesn't make me a driving instructor. I've met more than a few black belts who aren't fit to be instructors even though their BB is real. One that's bought is worse.)
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast