Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 5:02am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGELSGYMSINGH View Post
    before I became owner of Angel's Gym I only had my Military record and my word and my videos to substantiate my skills.
    I would prefer to view the videos and military records of an instructor, and most importantly, observe them during training. Observation out-weighs some certificate 100:1, I can print certificates and gold seals all day long with the proper software.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 5:03am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @AngelGym: You sure are funny. Most people on this forum train hard and dedicated. And they actually fight which can be seen in countless throwdown videos.

Back to topic: Has anyone done the process and received a belt they did not deserve? Tried the whole "we will do a thorough check and only then grade you"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 5:16am

Style: Western Internal Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I respect that brother.... I acknowledge that the Bullshido forum has some great uses.... and that som of its members train hard ... I realize that we may have strayed from the main topic. I am sorry and apologize for my part in that... I just don't like anyone knocking an organization that they do not understand regarding purpose .. especially one I am a part of ... I checked out your profile and found that you are a journalist .... I have an article coming out in a Kung Fu magazine in Hungary.... Internal Pugilism ... I invite you to check it out and also invite you to review my book which is available from Amazon.com

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 5:24am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a response to your post from 3/16/2012 @ 2:51am which read:

lol.... psuedo intellectual martial art wannabe critiquing things and people they do not understand with skills and credentials they will never possess ... not because they lack opportunity... they lack the cultivation of character of a dedicated adept ... But I could be wrong so.. again... what is your backround ... besides debating
    Before you changed it to read:
    lol.... ok... you win... all the members of WMAC hold illegitimate rankings because the institution is illegitimate.... I concede to the awesome skill in debating verbage and the awesome martial art credentials posted in your profile?
    @3:04am

what is your backround ... besides debating
    Glad (flattered) you recognise debating skills, that will save me from having to present references for those. Or to, you know, just rely on quality arguments.

You request martial arts credentials when I have made no martial arts claims, only logical claims. I do not need to practise tai chi to tell that an argument's premises are not properly supporting its conclusion. Your request for my credentials is some sort of a red herring mixed with an ad hominem attack. Very pretty but nothing I haven't seen tried before. Please see:
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...d-herring.html
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...d-hominem.html

In response to your edited post:

lol.... ok... you win... all the members of WMAC hold illegitimate rankings because the institution is illegitimate
    You commit the fallacy of division. You cannot assume all the members of the organization are incapable in what they are certified to do because the certifier is illegitimate. The exact inverse of the fallacy of composition. Please see:
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/division.html

Please note, I am not the same person as It Is Fake, with whom you were arguing first. The only claims I have made so far is that your arguments are bunk and prove nothing. In just the same manner, they disprove nothing. Don't make the mistake of thinking my arguing your fallacies is a point against the organization you defend, that's what this next point is for:

The wmac claims to issue legitimate rank in any martial art through a council's review of self-declared accomplishments. This, however, is not possible. Legitimate ranks in judo are bestowed by the IJF and its national representatives; unique to each country, regulated and delegated the power to grant internationally recognized rank. If the wmac is not registered to grant ranks with its national representative (and it does not appear to be), any dan ranks in judo it would grant would be fraudulent and the wmac's claim would be a lie.
    Last edited by The Cap; 3/16/2012 5:26am at . Reason: formatting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 5:28am

Style: Western Internal Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yup ... you must be right

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 5:36am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank goodness you agree. People rarely go from throwing around swiss cheese arguments to accepting the light of logic so quickly.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 9:37am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, if you would've listened to me, you wouldn't have received another longer lecture.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516