Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 1:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who care if are 20 or 25, It is 25 but I like to refeer of it like 20 years. Time of enought experience... It is almost the time of a young person... I don't want to be exact with that because reming me how long I have been in MA (old).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 1:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Many persons goes from one place to other with a dojang or dojo certificated that is honorable. Them if they move to other places and goes even to a MA School of the same style they denied them continue with their rank because they do not know that school or even do not know their master. WMAC came to help them to validate this and bring them with an accreditation or the back up of an organization that is support by many styles.

Example of that is the WTF. Many instructor in the WTF do not give the Kukkiwon Certificate and they do their own certificate. This student goes in the ranking for that particular school maybe up to 3rd Dan. He moves to other city or country and when he present his school diploma they do not honor what he receives in those years of practice and tell them to begin in white belt. So this student felt that he lost all his money because he can not continue his ranks in the style. With the Kukkiwon Certificate this student can go to 200 nations and he can continue his advance of rank because his diploma can be validated tru the instructor that he presente it to them in any of these 200 nations, even if they are democratic or communist. Good for a Military man because he can continue with his training of rank advance in any of those 200 nations, even at war.

Other example is that he practice for many years with a particular instructor and repently his instructor dies. If he is not affilated to a organization that can help him, he advance in MA dies with his teacher.

Other example, The Kukkiwon Certificate is know for almost 200 world goverments and in the US can be used to participate in the Collegiate games, so bring you the opportunity that your University can give you a grant in sport for do TKD, that will help you in your studies at University. The Karate Schools in Japan (tru the World Karate Federation) and the Kung Fu in China now see that this is good and they are following the steps of TKD to make their styles to the Olympics and bring these benefits to their students. China request that Kung Fu be a demostrative Sport in the World Olympic Games of 2008 in China.
    Last edited by WMACPR; 1/09/2008 1:45pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 1:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WMACPR
    Who care if are 20 or 25, It is 25 but I like to refeer of it like 20 years. Time of enought experience... It is almost the time of a young person... I don't want to be exact with that because reming me how long I have been in MA (old).
    I like how you care enough to post it, as some type of proof of character of your organization. Yet, you don't care if you are wrong.

Says a lot about your organization's responsibility, honor, and character IMO.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 2:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kobayashi Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My style is Okinawan Karate. It appears from your lineage that your experience is Korean. Also, you have talked about knowing the instructors of the students that apply for promotion. I am Canadian. Do you know my instructor also? If not how can you be a 'World' organization, and how can you certify someone outside of your style simply by an essay. I have been around for a bit and know many of the Senior Black Belts in Ontario. Are any of them affiliates?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 3:02pm

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, you give certificates to people who already have them, for money.

You have a fistful of 5th Dan qualifications. You seem to claim that once you have one in, say, Ki Aikido, you can take up Muay Thai and get credit for your first style grade and rapidly move to the same level.

The fact that all your grades are 5th Dan is in itself suspicious - most high grade MA's have a range of grades if they have studied in other arts, not all at 5th Dan.

So, a more likely scenario is that you feed yourself a 5th Dan , with a smattering of Grand Master, garnished with a Hall of Fame or two. Then you write yourself less than 1,000 words for each new 5th Dan in any MA you fancy. Neat.

You must have written at least another 2,000 words on this thread - go on, have a 6th Dan, free and without commitment to purchase more goods (apart from a Bullshido embossed blazer badge at only $99! ).

Ever heard the phrase: 'When you are in a hole up to your neck, stop digging' ?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 4:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kobayashi Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, your linage chart fails to mention Funakoshi's primary instructor, Anko Azato. looking up information on Funakoshi, including from the Shotokan Karate of America Handbook by Tsutomu Ohahima, there is no reference to him training directly with Sokon Matsumura. Also, I don't want to be picky but you also didn't mention General Cho who is listed in some references as the modern father of TKD. Finally, It must be tough to die and three years later be kidnapped. Sure takes a toll on the remains. note; Kwan died in 1947, kidnapped during the Korean war 1950 - 1953. Time to do a bit more homework.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 6:30pm

Style: Full Contact Ju Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am confused about this ...''Good for a Military man because he can continue with his training of rank advance in any of those 200 nations, even at war''

....as....

The home page http://www.wtf.org/site/about_wtf/intro.htm states only 188 nations listed in the governing body which is the body that issues/regulates/recognises the kukkiwon qualification.

And this ''China request that Kung Fu be a demostrative Sport in the World Olympic Games of 2008 in China''....

Please find here a link http://en.beijing2008.cn/cptvenues/schedule/ that does not mention kung fu at all....

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 6:43pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So THIS is how David Moore became Sifu Grand Master!

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 9:00pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, give WMA *some credit* at least he's honest that he has a connection to this organization and he didn't send a sockpuppet "friend" here to argue his points. Unlike Seafood Moore.

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:06pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh I'll give him that, but that's about as far as I'm going.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast