Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got bored and looked up my old McDojo, thinking it should have gone under by now, but there it was (I took TKD there about 17 years ago!)

Here it is, pretty pathetic looking group:
    http://www.indykta.com/instructors.html

"Grand Master Yoon brought his 40+ years of experience to Indianapolis more than 25 years ago. Since then, he has promoted more than 3,000 students to Black Belt status...and the number continues to grow."

I'm proud to say I bought one of those precious 3,000 black belts at the ripe age of 11, after exactly 2 years. I actually get nauseated nowthinking about how much money I made my parents waste on that place. I learned more in my 1st BJJ class than I did there the whole time about self-defense.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 8:19pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, because the instructor was (is) a good guy (very athletic and sincere) and he doesn't deserve to hear me saying things to his students like: "Well, yeah, nice reverse punch. Tell me, what do you do if someone punches at your head?".

Ironically, a bunch of his black belts have started to come to my JKD school -- and as one freaked out when they realised the tiny blond chick in the corner could kick their asses in sparring, let alone everyone else.

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 9:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude,

Even though you moved on you owe the guy something for opening your eyes to the arts!!

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 10:11pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice last name "Cooley"

So k-diddy, which one of the pictures is you?

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 10:13pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok on second look, the little girl in the picture has someone else's blackbelt on

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah JKDChick, I'm curious: What made you realize that TKD wasn't for you?

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2003 12:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It only takes 2 years to get a black belt in TKD! How is that possible when in other arts it takes sometimes 6 to 10 years to get one.

Edited by - Travis X on February 08 2003 23:37:46

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2003 12:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know... I must be rare. My father only let me train under one teacher, the teacher who taught him. My father was a police officer, and has on many an occasion put his training to use. He knew that training under anyone else would be fallacy (in my town, there's about three real teachers, and a good deal of crap). He would never let me train at some pansy pretty-boy school. I never even understood the concept of a McDojo until my brother's friend told me about them. I'm either deprived or lucky. Oh well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2003 1:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A black belt is nothing more than a trophy or medal. Take it with a grain of salt.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    2/09/2003 2:06am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first old McDojo went under a while ago. Second old McDojo is still around, part of a multi-state chain in the North (New England) and the "sort-of-North" (Florida south of Orlando).

-------------------------
    Clap your hands everybody,
    if you got what it takes
    'Cause I'm Kurtis Blow
    and I want you to know
    that these are the breaks!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast