...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 2:25pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Kata Dan Te!!!! In VIDEO!!!!!

Someone went and logged onto the Ashida Kim forums saying how great Kim was and how he'd been practicing Kim's stuff on his own for a while. He especially liked the Kata Dan Te.

Here is his general web page: http://www.freestylemartialarts.net/video.html

Here is...the Kata Dan Te! http://www.freestylemartialarts.net/kata_dante.wmv

When it comes from John Keehan and Chris Hunter, you know it has to be good!
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 2:30pm

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That looks like a retard auditioning for Stomp.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 2:35pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After personally reading all of Ashida Kim's and Count Dante's sales material in the process of writing their Wikipedia pages, seeing this satisfies me in ways that are hard to describe.

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 2:55pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the drunken monkey was...... well .............sad

http://www.freestylemartialarts.net/...ey_trailer.wmv
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 4:02pm

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unsurprisingly the web page is in the language of our retarded cousins, the norwegians.

It seems this kata was developed in the 60's by Dan'te and is only for extreme self defense situations. You have to become an assistant instructor to learn it's secrets, which takes a couple of years.
    Last edited by PoleFighter; 12/13/2004 4:13pm at .
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

wants jade ring

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the way that kata teaches you to fight by looking down and slapping yourself! Excellente!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 6:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the drunken monkey was really cool. And it seems really deceptive, with its footwork and stuff. The one kick that guy throws into the wall looked like it had good power. Honestly, if you were fighting someone and he started doing that **** you dont think it would faze and take you out of your element?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 7:30pm

Style: Sanshou/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well...you know..you could just hit him. That might work.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 7:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Someone went and logged onto the Ashida Kim forums saying how great Kim was and how he'd been practicing Kim's stuff on his own for a while. He especially liked the Kata Dan Te.

Here is his general web page: http://www.freestylemartialarts.net/video.html

Here is...the Kata Dan Te! http://www.freestylemartialarts.net/kata_dante.wmv

When it comes from John Keehan and Chris Hunter, you know it has to be good!
    Can you even watch Count Dante's Dance of Death without injuring yourself?
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gojuJKDdude
    I thought the drunken monkey was really cool. And it seems really deceptive, with its footwork and stuff. The one kick that guy throws into the wall looked like it had good power. Honestly, if you were fighting someone and he started doing that **** you dont think it would faze and take you out of your element?
    No. Although they deserve some credit for rocking out to Welcome to the Jungle in Kung Fu pants.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast