Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 12:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    oh thats tootal proof thats there a ground fighting system. not to mention it would just be the guard and hardly anit grapling.
    It's just guard because it's just one page.....excerpted from a whole book on grappling. Then there's the fukien style and Lama Pai apparently has traditional forms as well.

It may suck balls. It may be underdeveloped. It may have been a dead evolutionary trail of CMA that just never went anywhere but it is not just recently invented as some kind of response to the MMA craze of the past 10 years or so. That much is historically verifuable.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 8:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first Pat ino your smarter than this, **** you read vonnigute(spelling). anyways theres no such thing as anti-ground fighting, your either dont know how to fight on the ground or you do, to avoid being beat on the ground you learn the ground game. why cant kung-fu just admit they didnt have this in there 2 thousand year old curriculum, and are now just getting around to adding it and now they say anti-grappling. its a disgrace.
    You can't honestly believe that since martial arts have been practiced in China, no two people have ever fell down during a fight and thought "hey, now what do we do? Maybe we should think about this." I wouldn't say that they developed the exact stuff we see today, but you can't say they had absolutely no techniques for fighting on the ground. I know one page with one picture doesn't prove that there was an entire complete system for it, but one page is enough to prove it was there.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 8:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    , theres no such thing as anti-ground fighting, your either dont know how to fight on the ground or you do, to avoid being beat on the ground you learn the ground game. .
    Bizzaro Root is correct
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 8:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grond

His story makes it sound like he heard about the Shaolin-Do scheme and copied it. He may even be Sin Kwan The in a bad gwailo disguise (note the trademark mullet!). Perhaps someone could trick him into melting a baby as proof? :icon_neut And don't talk about kungfu like that, he'll hear you!
    So you don't buy the "...During his training, Robert practically lived with Grand-master, helping him with his daily orgasm." or the part about "...met the master as a child and practically lived with him as he taught Robert the intricate skills and deep and deeper yet levels of man/boy love?"
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    12/15/2004 5:32pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    It's just guard because it's just one page.....excerpted from a whole book on grappling. Then there's the fukien style and Lama Pai apparently has traditional forms as well.

It may suck balls. It may be underdeveloped. It may have been a dead evolutionary trail of CMA that just never went anywhere but it is not just recently invented as some kind of response to the MMA craze of the past 10 years or so. That much is historically verifuable.
    yes this is where i agree it was a short evolution that never made it in chinese m.a's. and for them to tourn in around and now say chin- na and other crap is anti grappling is a joke. i thumb threw some of those chin-na books and the methods are there but the technique on alot of the stuff was WRONG, and im only a white belt.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    12/15/2004 5:35pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KuNg FooL
    You can't honestly believe that since martial arts have been practiced in China, no two people have ever fell down during a fight and thought "hey, now what do we do? Maybe we should think about this." I wouldn't say that they developed the exact stuff we see today, but you can't say they had absolutely no techniques for fighting on the ground. I know one page with one picture doesn't prove that there was an entire complete system for it, but one page is enough to prove it was there.
    i never said that they didnt have one, its almost like while i was growing up it was concidered a bitch move to kick some one in a fight at all. some societies produce certain fighting styles and this is why you see some culture big on standup fighting(east asia) some on boxing(america) and some on wretling(russia, europe)
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2004 12:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ttt

Chan Wushu Gung Fu is taught by a student of a Chinese Monk.

This is classic Bullshido

Now I'll let this thread die

Posted On:
    1/13/2011 11:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robert waite studied this martial art in Albuquerque NM he never met the person he states in his blog. I know because I studied the same system with him. "I have photos" the school was closed in 1990 due the the instructor conducting a fraudulent martial arts tournament among other things. The instructors name was Tom perea and he was wanted by the Albuquerque police department for said fraud. The system is a good one Tom perea learned it in tiwan whil he was in the army. He claimed he grew up in the shaolin temple as a half Chinese male "sounds like the tv show Kung Fu" perea was Spanish. I know because I knew his family. I'm not saying Robert is not an instructor in the Martial Arts. I am just lettin everyone know he didn't reach instructor level in the system. I know this because there were only a hand full of people who reached instructor status. And all of us went our separate ways when the school closed. As for Robert living with his instructor. He lived in a side building next to the school. I hope I have cleared some ofmthe questions up about this system and Roberts creds.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2011 1:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan & Kobudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A short study of Shaolin styles of Kung Fu will illuminate many grappling techniques and moves where they deliberately put themselves on the ground... It's hard to imagine 1500 years of innovation and practice NOT including ground techniques...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12