Marasmos

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking about Tyson at his peak.

Klit's like the Josh Barnett of Boxing - he doesn't look like much, but he has huge reach, and hits like a ton of bricks and with amazing accuracy. I think he can beat just about anyone on a good day.

I predict him hanging around as the champ for a while.
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 6:15pm

Style: FMA/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But thats my point, he will hang around, because the rest of the heavies are so average at the moment, in all honesty can you say you would put klitchko (he needs an easier to spell name) up there 10 years ago? or 30 years ago?

some one with good close work could, and i say could, take him down, his height and mighty scarey reach are relied on too much...you only have too see that somehow tyson was still ranked 12th in the WBC in mid november to see how weak it was/is

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 6:27pm

Style: kickboxing, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    call him Dr. Ironfist
    or was that his brother?

anyways, the klitschko brothers are pretty big ... everywhere but america it seems.
    and the judgement of his fight against lewis was biased

Marasmos

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 7:13pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCDD
    But thats my point, he will hang around, because the rest of the heavies are so average at the moment, in all honesty can you say you would put klitchko (he needs an easier to spell name) up there 10 years ago? or 30 years ago?

some one with good close work could, and i say could, take him down, his height and mighty scarey reach are relied on too much...you only have too see that somehow tyson was still ranked 12th in the WBC in mid november to see how weak it was/is
    10 years ago was when Lewis was good, so Klit wouldn't have had much of a shot, it's just a bad matchup for him. 30 years ago - definetly. Boxing has gone a long way in 30 years. He'd dismantle any of the old boys.

See, I don't think he's that average. I actually think he's pretty damn good. Not the greatest champion, for sure, but damn good nonotheless. IMHO, most of the flack he catches is just because he's not too pretty and his style's not too flashy.
    You say what about my rice?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to admit I have never heard of this guy, a quick google produced this:

Just thought I would share it with you guys

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 12:48am

Style: Pugilism

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Majique
    I have to admit I have never heard of this guy, a quick google produced this:

Just thought I would share it with you guys
    I believe that was after he fought Lewis.

Just to make things clear, he completely dominated Lewis in that fight. I mean completely and systematically smashed on Lewis.

Much like Tszyu handles anyone who he steps in the ring with.

He actually lost because they stopped the fight due to his cut.

But trust me, Vitali smashed on Lewis. It was a very upsetting night for me (I'm a big Lewis fan) and alot of other people when the fight was called and they stopped Lewis from getting manhandled even more and gave him the win for cutting Vitali.

I'm still waiting for Hatton to make it big. I can't wait to see him in the US. The boys got fire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 4:19am

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4089373.stm

A despondent Williams paid his respects to the champion.

"He was a lot more awkward than I anticipated and was very clever, coming in and out on angles," he said.

"He didn't hit as hard as Mike Tyson but he was more consistent with his punches.

"The thought of the world heavyweight title kept me going, but he was just too good."

I think the key thing in there is 'clever'. Vitali is a smart guy (he's got a PHD in sports medicine) and I wonder if what he lacks in physical talent he makes up for by out thinking his opponents. Will that be enough to keep him in the top position for long though?

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 8:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe its the Boxer in me...

I don't see how you guys are getting this view of Klitichko.

His record:
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=007033

Tyson's, as an example:
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000474

Compare WHO they have fought.

Tyson, in his prime, would have cleaned Klitchko clock, he would have fixed his little red wagon, he would shoved his "phd" up his ass.

As for the Lewis fight, does ANYONE here think that, IF lewis had come in hungry and in shape, ala his fight with Mike, that Klitchko would have stood a chance ?

Cause all the fighters/coachs/analyst I know, don't think so.

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 9:39am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heheh, Vitali Klitschko fought this guy!
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=004901
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 11:24am

Style: Pugilism

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow Prancer. That guy has never made it further than round 6.

Dr. Vitali Klitschko has a Ph.D. in Sports Psychology

"Tyson, in his prime, would have cleaned Klitchko clock, he would have fixed his little red wagon, he would shoved his "phd" up his ass."

That's irrelevant. Last I checked this isn't 1986-88 and Tyson is not in his prime.

"As for the Lewis fight, does ANYONE here think that, IF lewis had come in hungry and in shape, ala his fight with Mike, that Klitchko would have stood a chance ?"

Also irrelevant. He didn't.

That's Lewis's fault. We all saw the fight and we all watched Lewis get manhandled in the ring, then we watched him claim victory over some Bullshido as if he was reassuring himself he deserved that win, and then we watched Klitschko chase him for awhile and try to fight him again, and then we watched Lewis retire and avoid the rematch.

Which might I add Lewis has NEVER lost a rematch. Never. Now why would Lewis want to avoid a sure thing, get hungry and in shape, clear up the controversy surrounding his last win, and go out on top without the big question mark next to his record?

Because he has less confidence in himself beating Klitschko then you.

Also I will state it again, I'm a huge Lewis fan, I just call it like it is.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast