Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 10:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello all.

My second try after some recommendations from aonther post :)

I am looking for some more information on a martial arts school that is in my area (Seattle, WA). The school name is Jungyae Moosul. I cannot really find much on them, though I have done a web search and found some things (ranging from good to bad). Does anybody here have any experience with this school?

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a general Korean martial arts school.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.jungyae.com/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright I guess I am not being clear.

I know about their web site (www.jungyae.com) I did do a web search (Jungyae Moosul - on yahoo in case you are wondering), but what got me asking this was I found this:

http://anyboard.net/rec/sports/Royal_Dragons_Dungeon/posts/361.html

Interesting if you read all the replies and such, but I don't tend to take just one persons word for anything and I was wondering if their is anybody who can give a positive and/or negative feedback on this style. I may check them out myself but I would like to go in with as much knowledge as possible. Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bumping this up in hopes that someone will grace me with their insight. Thanks for your wisdom :o)

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like no one knows about them-I've found that other martial artists often know things about people and schools in my area and I've found it beneficial to ask around with the bbs that I know. If you have some contacts in ma's in the Northwest perhaps someone you know might help out.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive heard a bit about the McDojo Pros! I even got tricked into signing up.

I had trained several martial arts in the past.
    A freind of mine that traind with their "Grand Master" invited me to a demonstration. Some of it was weak but some of it was awsome. They looked like a blend of Korean and Kungfu arts.

A week leter I met with the master adn suppposed founder. He pumeped me up with all kinds of crap. There art was the source of all arts, it was a totaly complete system, etc.

Sadly, i bought into it and signed a year contract.

I expected to learn some of the cool stuff I saw at the demonstration. Unfortunatley all I learned was misinterpreted Tae Kwon Do froms that I already learned at one of my old schools, and some pretty crappy weapons stuff.

I turns out that most of the cool stuff i saw at the demonstration was only taught at a couple of their schools, but not at the "founders". He rarely even taught anyway. The only people that taught were some of his ill skilled students.

I was so pissed I tried to quit but the bastard wouldnt let me out of ky contract. He spouted off a bunch of crap about dedication and hard work. I fucking know what hard work is from my previous schools. He aint it.

As a matter of fact, I did a web search on him (won kuk kim is his name) and found very little. a funny thing i did find was an lod ranking for some TKD tourney in which he 3rd. Also, it said he was only a 7th dan in TKD. How the hell can you call yourself a founder of a "complete" martial art when you didndt even complete the one you can from.

If you cant tell already, this guy really pissed me off. Dont fall for their bull **** marketing.

They are a true McDojo!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man… the more I learn the more I am glad I asked first.

Anyway I was taking patfromlogan advice and started asking around. I am still pretty new to the Seattle area and don’t have much training in the martial arts so I don’t really have any “martial arts” connections. Anyway, I did find one guy at work that said he trained there for a while. At first he said that it started pretty great and he was really enjoying it. Then he said everything started to change all the time. One day his rank requirements were one thing and then the next day thy were something else and then he would test and the “master” would get mad because he did something wrong, even though he was pretty sure that he was doing what he had been taught.

I have not gotten the chance to really question him on details (we work different shifts), he really did not seem like he wanted to talk about it. I am not sure what school he trained at, but all the same I don’t think I need to look much farther to know that this is something I should avoid.

Thanks to everyone who helped me on my search, both in finding a direction and providing information. Any other suggestions are always welcome.

Well I guess my search continues…
    Oh Mr. Miyagi where are you when I need you?

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 3:50pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    stay away from that school Lobo San. far, far away!!! TKD is the root of all EVIL!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 7:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your friend was right! When I was there the things I was supposed to learn for a single bele changed three times. No one ever really seemed sure what they were supposed to know including the instructors. At one of the tests the so called second in command openly argued with another instructor about what they should be testing the students on. He didnt even seem to know very much himself.

It's also interesting that within a month or so of my joining one of their schools left. I asked why but never quite got a straight answer. I heard several people at my school, mostly higher level students talking about quitting and going to this other school but am not sure because I quit soon there after. This sure doesnt say much for the master.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast