Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 5:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think, I could be wrong, but I think Rallo's new location is in the White Marsh area.

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 6:20pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    I think, I could be wrong, but I think Rallo's new location is in the White Marsh area.
    Haven't been there for a couple of months now, but last time I trained there they were in the old Broom Factory on Boston street.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 6:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might be right. I actually ran into John at a club. He was working the door (as big as he is he WAS the door). I was pretty tore up so I don't remember much of the brief conversation, but I know he mentioned opening up a new place...

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 11:49pm

Style: Total Martial Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RoninPimp I'm going to start training at Lloyd's school three to four times a month after the holidays possibly before even. My cousin is a purple under Lloyd but hasn't trained there in years. We are going to start going there to help me get better with mma and do some grappling events along the way. I'm looking for 2005 to be a big year. I've been basically self taught and learned from my cousin when he was home. Now i'm going to get instruction.

Hopefully we can hook up and shoot the ****. And if wondering what my unhidden computer name it's Brad Souders BUT DON"T TELL ANYONE :)

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    12/15/2004 12:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool Brad. What's your cousin's first name? I'm Philip Proctor. www.bjjunited.com is an affliated school in Philly with great instuction and training partners. Not sure how close to Philly you are...

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    12/15/2004 4:48am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Brad is somewhere around an hour and a half away from philly ( I think hes right around Millersville University?). BJJ United is instructed by Jared Weiner, Llyold Irvin Black Belt and somewhere in North Philly if Im correct. He just fought a superfight in Wander Braga's tournament (another Irvin affiliate I believe) and won with a 2 point sweep in the closing 15 seconds of the match.

Philly's a good place to train- theres at least 2 other schools there with 2 black belt instructors each.

And if someone can tell me where Rallo's new location is that would be great- I think the last time my bro and I checked in to that it was on the other side of baltimore and about an hour and change away, which is why he never went

drummerboy Im guessing you train with Rallo- does the name Chris Delphi ring a bell?

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    12/15/2004 9:40pm

Style: Total Martial Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in Shippensburg Pa but help teach at a school in York Pa which is twenty minutes from Millersville. I live about an hour from DC but i'm the northern side so beltway will be an issue. My cousin's name is Eric Grove. He used to fight professional for Lloyd. He retired after losing a JD to Adrian Serrano back in 2001. He was a purple belt at the time probably nearing his brown but just didn't stick with it. I have city driving phobia so he is going to start bringing me down and training alittle also.

I'd like to fight mma again here in about 4-6 months after training at a gym where i'm not teaching any and can focus on getting better. After my loss about two weeks ago i got mad because i'm much better fighter then that night. It was a crappy showing for me and the guy had the right game plan to fight me. He avoided techniqual ground work against me and gnp his way through. I had him in a tight ass armbar but he was standing and fell into the ropes and i lost my grip. After that we stood back up and i got a takedown. Went to pass his guard and he reversed me hit me put me on queer street, he popped me a few more times and the ref stopped it. I was still there just not defending.

Later, Brad

Posted On:
    12/16/2004 10:07am

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    And if someone can tell me where Rallo's new location is that would be great- I think the last time my bro and I checked in to that it was on the other side of baltimore and about an hour and change away, which is why he never went
    http://www.planetmayhem.net/

3500 Boston Street, Suite 332 - Baltimore, Maryland
    Phone: 410.558.2988

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    drummerboy Im guessing you train with Rallo- does the name Chris Delphi ring a bell?
    Acyually, I don't 'train' with John, just visit sporadically to roll. The name sounds familiar, didn't he use to run BJJ classes at Lighthouse Point Fitness? Which was I believe groundcontrol's old location.
    But we have a couple of John's guys coming to judo so if you have anything I can inquire...

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    12/16/2004 10:07pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    Acyually, I don't 'train' with John, just visit sporadically to roll. The name sounds familiar, didn't he use to run BJJ classes at Lighthouse Point Fitness? Which was I believe groundcontrol's old location.
    But we have a couple of John's guys coming to judo so if you have anything I can inquire...

Tomas
    Thanks for the website- as far as him (Delphi) running classes down there I dont believe he did- I train with him now and hes a blue belt. When I fought in Grapplers Quest about a year ago, I think I wrestled one of the guys from Rallo's gym (who, ironically, looked alot like this guy Delphi). We spoke afterwards and he was a real cool guy. When Delphi asked me about the tourny when I got back, I told him about it and he said he knew alot of those guys from that club (may have trained there in the past I guess?)

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 12:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know your cousin Brad. Eric used to beat on me back in the day. Not sure if he'd remember me though. Braga and Lloyd aren't really affiliated, but they're good friends. Braga got his black belt from Jorge Pererra (sp?) who also gave Leo Dalla his, who gave Lloyd his. Jorge got his from Rickson.

Gumby is correct about Jared. He is a great coach and competitor. I occasionaly drive up to Philly to train there.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234