Marasmos

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodar
    Is anyone else horrified that Chuck Fucking Liddell is MASTER INSTRUCTOR of this "Slo Kickboxing School"?! :shock: :confused:

http://www.slokickboxing.com/instructors.htm
    Wow. These guys geally need someone halfway competent to redo their website. They come across as a McDojo and a half, and not everyone knows who Chuck Lidell is.
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 2:14pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    EXACTLY! It just proves my point that people don't know what the **** they are talking about. The high volume, high profit "McDojo" classes help bankroll the more serious programs.

I think SLO Kickboxing would be a great place to train. Is anyone here really willing to say Chuck Liddell is a sell out for running his school that way or wouldn't be willing to train there because there is a bunch of old ladies doing yoga or a pack of 4 year olds somewhere else in the building?

Grow up people and step into reality.
    NOT what I'm saying. Did you not see previous post where I asked what is wrong with yoga? I happen to like yoga. My point is, where ARE the serious programs? You said yourself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    Their muay thai class conducts sparring drills up to light sparring, but only has open sparring one night a week outside of normal class.
    This is not really serious. Maybe I just missed it, but this type of school needs some substance to go with the fluff. Did Liddell start this school or was he just recruited to give it "street cred"? Just because Liddell is the one teaching the muay-thai-lite doesn't mean it's any good.

EDIT: After further investigation, it appears that it is indeed Liddell's gym. Also, it has submission wrestling and MMA. I think Hapko's got it right. It just LOOKS like total crap on first encounter.
    Last edited by bodar; 12/13/2004 2:20pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 12:43am

Style: Amer. TKD, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting conversation. Mostly mis-guided but interesting. Punisher makes good points - being a good or great athlete is not the same as being a quality teacher or a quality school operator.

You might find these valuable or interesting:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 2:10am

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenOliver
    Interesting conversation. Mostly mis-guided but interesting. Punisher makes good points - being a good or great athlete is not the same as being a quality teacher or a quality school operator.

You might find these valuable or interesting:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
    my god! are you still talking?

dont you have a tea-bagging to suffer through somewhere in texas?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345