Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2004 11:49am

Style: Karate/Kempo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea you should see this samurai. His students have bruises on them where he hits them with a wooden sword to correct their stances ect. Funny I know this samurais instructor. He was a little wierd but good in the MA. He is a little chinese guy located in Washington State. He had a training area set up on his property. It looked like it was right out of a kung fu movie. Stumps for the students to balance on, frames set up with things swing to avoid hitting the students ect.. This guy was quite a trip.
    But the guy wasnt royalty and couldnt award samurai to anyone..except the guy who is running that belt mill tells people he is I wonder if they have a website hmm something to look into then we all can have fun with this **** head ....

Funny even my bud student who is teaching there knows its a mcdojo..but it pays well. Maybe the guy can make enough to get into rehab and quit his drinking and smoking problem (for reals). The guys dad still calls Jeff up and talks to him about helping his son. he's been away from Jeff for quite a while, got his B/B went into marine, went to Iraq got out went home needed a job so hes teaching in a mcdojo.

Ok now another part of the story that I talked about in a earlier post and failed to mention. My bud broke away from the system we both got rank in 20 years or so ago. He opened up a school and started his own thing. He had a student and his son who was with him for many years. Though Jeff didnt teach it the guy went to tournaments and come back and showed Jeff the trophies he won and How easy the fighters were. He was getting ready to test for B/B under Jeff

We'll I came to visit ran them through a work out (same one where I told that porker to loose weight) got upset at a visiting B/B from my instructors school the pathetic one . Well , This guy didnt like the way I talked to the visiting instructor who did somethings to piss me off and I told him about it after class, and the student and his son quit Jeffs. Joined the other system that is watered down that Jeff and I quit and whose students he been beating in the tournaments. Used that incident as a excusenot to mention bad mouthed me and Jeff all over town (Its a small town Belfair Washington).

Come to find out when He competed in the tournaments He didnt wear Jeffs patch on his Gi, He has been talking to the B/B in the other system about coming back. Long before I even visited there. Well he quit They accepted him at his present rank 3rd Brown or IKKYU

Why because they were the largest system in the area and he wanted more of the social aspect then the Martial aspect but again this **** head used me as a excuse. He caused a riff between Jeff and mme who is a life long friend. (Its since has healed)

Go to this systems website www.jabka.org and this **** head is on the testimonial link telling how great they are. He just competed in a tournament and won everyone in Brown belt (left Jeff a month or 2 earlier) and is listed as a member of their system for winning. man thats bullshit. Jeff trained this guy ad gave him his very soul and this **** head fucked Jeff to go into some social MA....Im gonna go up there this summer and if I run into him I will express my disdain for what he did to Jeff and for bad mouthing me all over the fuckin town.

It also funny cause the instructor he went under was teaching techniques I was useing 10 to smoke this guys students (B/B division) years ago. He didnt teach them correctly.

The same with my old dojo some yahoo tried to show me a technique that I taught the head instructor there (my old instructor) 10-12 years ago and did it completely wrong. When I tried to correct him He said thats the way Sensei taught it. I told him who do you think taught Sensei?? Got dumb looks in return.

I cant wait to move back and turn my son lose on these shitheads. hehehehe he smoked them this summer wait 4 years hehehehehehe there will be some ass kicking going on in the northwest.

If ya want to see the shithead that **** my buddy go to that website and find testimonials and look for a guy named Arron (sp).....You can also see where he won 1st place in fighting and 2nd (I think) in kata. That is very unual for someone to trophy in both fighting and forms. He learned that from Jeff and gave it up to be social.. the **** head..well anyway that is why mcdojos are packed and people are paying...
    Last edited by OC Kid; 12/12/2004 12:19pm at .

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/12/2004 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess that the root of the McDojo problem has to do primarily with the profile of the most common type of customer, after all...perhaps not entirely just a product of the instructor.

I don't know what the solution is, after all. I guess it's not an easy question.
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 12/12/2004 12:38pm at . Reason: for great justice
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    12/12/2004 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WR,

Your arguements are non sequitur.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    12/12/2004 10:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by albert
    You seemed to be stating that teaching MAs for a living is necessary for being a good MA teacher ("When you don't teach for a living it basically boils down to a hobby.") However, looking at this post that doesn't seem to be the case. What exactly is your view?

In this thread and others I heard people imply that when you make martial arts your living, you will invetiably lower your standards because of greed or simply the necesssity to survive. My view is that there is nothing wrong with teaching MAs for money and in this day an age it is absurd to think someone is going to do it solely for the love of the art or some crap like that.

In the next year or so I plan to start teaching at the school I train at, probably for free, or more likely a slight reduction in my monthly fees. The thing is I'll probably either teach a handful of private lessons or one or two classes a week. I won't be able to commit to anything more than that. I plan to do a good job, but it will be something I'll be doing for enjoyment in my spare time. That's the definition of a hobby. If it wasn't for the guy that runs the school and teaches full time, there wouldn't be anyone for me to teach or anywhere for me to teach at.

MA is a huge part of my life, but it isn't the biggest part. My job, my girlfriend, and my family are just the start of the list of things that are more important to me.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/12/2004 10:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuDoesWork
    WR,

Your arguements are non sequitur.

And you said some weird crap about us saying the MA instructor should give us everything for nothing, which no one is saying.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    12/12/2004 10:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While we're on the subject of McDojo's I recently ran across a school that has all the trappings of one.

They have a kickboxing workout class they call "Getting Fit, without Getting Hit".

They have a kids program that focuses on self esteem, self discipline, confidence, respect for self and others, and (last on the list) physical fitness and coordination. This includes a Lil' dragons program that accepts kids as young and 3 1/2.

They also teach yoga.

Their muay thai class conducts sparring drills up to light sparring, but only has open sparring one night a week outside of normal class.

People should check it out, you'd be shocked to see some of the other stuff on their site.

Here's the link.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/12/2004 10:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    While we're on the subject of McDojo's I recently ran across a school that has all the trappings of one.

They have a kickboxing workout class they call "Getting Fit, without Getting Hit".

They have a kids program that focuses on self esteem, self discipline, confidence, respect for self and others, and (last on the list) physical fitness and coordination. This includes a Lil' dragons program that accepts kids as young and 3 1/2.

They also teach yoga.

Their muay thai class conducts sparring drills up to light sparring, but only has open sparring one night a week outside of normal class.

People should check it out, you'd be shocked to see some of the other stuff on their site.

Here's the link.

The one in blue's form is really atrocious. Unless doing the drill with arm weights exempts you from having to keep your guard up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 2:59am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is anyone else horrified that Chuck Fucking Liddell is MASTER INSTRUCTOR of this "Slo Kickboxing School"?! :shock: :confused:

http://www.slokickboxing.com/instructors.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 3:08am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They also teach yoga.
    What's wrong with Yoga as long as it's taught separately?

Now, THAT'S a problem!

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    12/13/2004 9:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodar
    Is anyone else horrified that Chuck Fucking Liddell is MASTER INSTRUCTOR of this "Slo Kickboxing School"?! :shock: :confused:

http://www.slokickboxing.com/instructors.htm
    EXACTLY! It just proves my point that people don't know what the **** they are talking about. The high volume, high profit "McDojo" classes help bankroll the more serious programs.

I think SLO Kickboxing would be a great place to train. Is anyone here really willing to say Chuck Liddell is a sell out for running his school that way or wouldn't be willing to train there because there is a bunch of old ladies doing yoga or a pack of 4 year olds somewhere else in the building?

Grow up people and step into reality.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast