Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: 7 Star

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I highly doubt that ART is a proven, effective and scientifically founded method of therapy. It is simply an extreme form of massage that works on people using the placebo effect.
    So do you think that all chiropractors are full of **** or just ART practitioners?

Genius

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 7:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say most chiropractors are full of ****.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 7:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I'd say most chiropractors are full of ****.
    Well you're entitled to your opinion but is there any reason why you'd say that most chiropractors are full of ****. And when you say "most" this suggests that some are not full of ****. Whats the difference between a full of **** chiropractor and a non-full of **** chiropractor?

Genius

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My opinion derives from the fact that chiropracy was developed by using unscientific principles. There is no such thing as a sublexation and the spine does not pinch nerves. www.chirowatch.org for more info.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 8:54pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny, because it makes me get better.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 9:05pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesnt realy matter what principles you base your back rub on.

Its going to work so long as it streches out and relaxes your cramped back/torn muscles and stops your spine being turned into a pretzel.

Chiropractory originally claimed to cure cancer and prevent illness, that makes me suspicious enough that I'd rather go and see a physiotheripist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 9:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I go in all kinked up feeling pain. I come out swinging like a hinge. Works for me and countless others.

Can you stop trashing my thread now?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2004 9:35pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your shoulder injury sounds a lot like mine. For me, it sort of partially dislocates every now and then if I put too much stress on it the wrong way. Sleeping on it or throwing hard over extended punches etc. are some of the things that aggravate it. My posture was bad and my shoulders were always rounded and down which created a constant downward pull on the joint via the weight of my arms.

For me I think it was caused by repetitive stress as I don't remember any serious accident to my shoulder. I may have damaged it with improper lifting in the gym or benching too many weights through too great a range of motion, Im not really sure.

I think there are a variety of treatments that can relieve the stress caused by this type of injury including a deep tissue massage in the shoulder area before performing some range of motion actions (while holding it down) so that it can get set back into proper position.

I found that long term relief comes from determining what it is that causes the injury i.e. gym work, over extension, repetitive motion like shooting a basketball or even things like sleeping on your side which like you mentioned causes it to flair up. Bad posture is also like sleeping on your shoulder because if your arms create weight on your joint, and if they are in a forward and down position it causes a similar stress to the joint as the sleeping on it does.

Something like this is likely to require constant attention and is probably going to take a lifetime of maintenance, at least for me the reoccurrence has diminished since I started doing some of the things I mentioned.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123