Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:15pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Knife throwing

December 9, 2004: The use of thrown combat knives by elite soldiers to take out sentries is mostly Hollywood. However, there is one exception. Russian special forces troops, since Cold War days, have received extensive training on how to kill enemies by throwing knives. Observers have reported that the soldiers actually become quite expert at accurately throwing them over considerable distances. Spetsnaz troops aren’t issued a knife designed specifically for throwing, but are issued the “Army Knife” produced at the IZHMASH weapons factory. The knife weighs about 2 pounds and has a blade length of 6 inches and an overall length of 13 inches. The knife is double-edged, with one edge being completely serrated, making it an excellent weapon for hand-to-hand fighting. The handle is hollow and comes with a small survival kit.

Whether this training has actually been put to use on the battlefield is a matter for debate, but there are several reasons why elite troops do not usually throw their knives. First, knives provide troops with an invaluable survival/everyday multipurpose tool with which they open cans, cut rope, pry open ammunition crates, and do a multitude of other tasks. To throw one at an enemy and miss is essentially throwing away a very useful, and possibly expensive, tool.

Secondly, although edged weapon training is an important part of many special forces schools, troops are generally not taught to throw them because there is too much of a likelihood that they will miss. If that happens, the soldier has not only thrown away a perfectly good weapon, but will have to resort to his bare hands to engage the enemy, which should always be a last resort. When silent removal of sentries is necessary, there are many different ways to accomplish that task that are better. Garrotes, neck manipulation, and controlled use of an edged weapon all ensure more success with less risk of being caught. Of course, the amount of time spent on practicing knife throwing is dwarfed by the time spent on the firing range with their primary weapons. Elite troops try to avoid engaging the enemy with non-projectile weapons as much as possible.

Russian/Soviet troops have always excelled at hand to hand combat training, and a thrown knife is probably very deadly in the hands of a trained expert, but most elite troops choose to stay on the safe side and dispose of enemies with their knives well inside their grasp.

Is anyone here into throwing knives or darts/stars?

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 6:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I throw knives. I can tell you right now, a well practiced thrower is a dangerous thing. The impact of a thrown knife is extremely powerfull. Right now within 20' I make about 85%. When I practice regularly I make 90%. A non moving sentry, who is unaware, is a sitting duck for a knife throw. The throw itself is lighting quick.

It is a specialty and requires lots of practice time. Something the average soldier doesn't have. In a pinch it is a useful skill.

You build accuracy by first getting aquainted with the knife. Learning your grips, handle and blade. Feeling its balance. And learning the arc. A good thrower only makes the knife travel 1/2 to 1 full rotation total. Anything more is a crapshoot. Once you get the feel of a consistent throw, you then learn to focus on particular targets, then oddly shaped targets. Until you can call the shot. And then learn different distances.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Loving Father

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 7:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a free site with a lot of information on throwing:
    http://www.throwzini.com/

`~/

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 7:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I throw knives. I dont know if I would use it unless someone else has a weopon. If you use it you better have a good reason when the cops arrives or your in some serious hot water.

Middleweight

2 hours from the beach, 4 from the mountains

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 8:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I am an old ***** who has never fought nor served... but isn't two pounds a stupid fucking weight for a knife? Devil dogs be gentle....
    Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

It's just that I carry weapons and have no moral compass anymore. -- JKDChick

At least until the Wing Chun clown car arrives. --JKDC

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Russian special forces troops, since Cold War days, have received extensive training on how to kill enemies by throwing knives. Observers have reported that the soldiers actually become quite expert at accurately throwing them over considerable distances. Spetsnaz troops aren’t issued a knife designed specifically for throwing, but are issued the “Army Knife” produced at the IZHMASH weapons factory. The knife weighs about 2 pounds and has a blade length of 6 inches and an overall length of 13 inches. The knife is double-edged, with one edge being completely serrated, making it an excellent weapon for hand-to-hand fighting. The handle is hollow and comes with a small survival kit.
    Yes STR3AT FUG, you are correct in posting story. In russia, we are born with knife such as this in hand! I kill first animal at only two years old. It was ewil little Lemming! I remember it look into my eyes like, "porque? Me llamo Pepita!" so I kill it. I no like animal that talks to me in other language. Bah! In military, I have killed many sentry with knives such as these. My favorite technique is to throw knife while they are how you say... talking a leak? Yes, when they are talking a leak I throw knife into abdomin. Ha! You should see look of surprise when they look down and there is knife just inches from there Kram! If I miss sometime I even hit them in the Kram! Or if I miss sentry at least they can no chase after me because pants are down. I also like to throw hockey puck like Chernobyl Hockey star. Sometimes we take these knife and put drugs into hollow handel. Then, when we capture sentry we give them big dose of american halucinocariogenetics or however you say. Perhaps you call it acid? Then they do funny things before we throw knife into their Kram!

When silent removal of sentries is necessary, there are many different ways to accomplish that task that are better. Garrotes, neck manipulation, and controlled use of an edged weapon all ensure more success with less risk of being caught.
    Ha! I don't know how to use carrots but am master of neck manipulation. I learn to break neck with bare hand and sometimes I palm strike them in neck because punching hurts hands! One technique is to chock them with stinky sock. Before they die they will remember odor of my feet and wish they had not been a sentry. Or I blind fold them and gag them with stinky socks! Then you can have your way. Perhaps to beat them like those strange Chernobyl children that came to my door asking for donation. I hate those things! They are not even children but strange animals that remind me of many years of too many american drugs. They look like Andre the Giant but they are only 30 inches tall with three arms and tattoo of David Hasselhoff. Not to mention hair like Whoopy and nose like Mikail Jackson pop singer!
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, a two pound knife is fucking stupid heavy. Besides, them Spetznaz, as RedElvis can confirm, prefer - what punchingdummy lovingly refers to as - e-tool-do. They learn to do wicked, wicked things with their entrenching tools.

For more info click here.
    Last edited by poidog; 12/09/2004 8:57pm at .
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 9:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    Yes, a two pound knife is fucking stupid heavy. Besides, them Spetznaz, as RedElvis can confirm, prefer - what punchingdummy lovingly refers to as - e-tool-do. They learn to do wicked, wicked things with their entrenching tools.

For more info click here.
    YES! Poidog is correct. E-Tool is wery effective for fighting and shitting. My favorite technique is to first take **** using E-tool (E is for excretion) and then using it to kill enemy by bludger..., blondgeri..., by hitting him with it. Then when he dies he has smell of **** on his mind. Worse than sock technique! Sometimes after I kill enemy I use E-tool next to him and crap on his dead body. This is very funny picture to show at dinner parties and KGB friends get good laugh! Ha! I try to find and post for your pleasure! :new_xmas:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 9:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No doubt people can become proficient at throwing knives. I just can't see myself throwing my weapon away. So I wouldn't do it.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 9:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't lose the knife if you make the shot then pluck it from the guys body. If you don't make the shot, you won't need the knife anyway. Because you will probably be shot in the next second.

A 2 pound knife hits with devastating force.

http://www.coldsteel.com/fixed-blades-throwers.html

The torpedo can break through a cinder block. I've thrown both of these. The .5 pound true flight is massive enough. The torpedo is just sick. That sucker could shishkabob you. I put it through a .5 inch plywood target like nothing.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast