Chemist

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 4:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Paper Cutter

Funny that the first thing that came up on the search was a military website on groundfighting

I learned this choke from side mount while kicking the lower leg toward the head for torque

Defense:

personally I concentrate on keeping my hands near my neck when under the mount and immobilizing my opponents arms under side control keeping my partner from getting his hands deep behind my neck, if somebody happens to get a good grip and tries to crank it usually I just push up on their body and try to turn into it to relieve the pressure

EDIT: (for those that already know all of this, not meaning to insult the collective intelligence of grapplers here) I started this thread for IzzyDaHedgeHog, so we can learn some escapes from this choke
    Last edited by Te No Kage!; 12/09/2004 4:58pm at .
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Chemist

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 4:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This choke will usually get a quick tap for me because it's very uncomfortable (wind choke) and it sucks when it happens to me
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:03pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in mount that seems to work very well in a gi. but ive never see higherup belts taps to this, probably why ive been tapped by it tho. your also cranking on ther chin to
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer this choke from side control rather than mount. We just call it "forearm choke" and it's one of my favourite chokes.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:15pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This choke rocks from side control. I would have won my second tournament match by submission if I had known it at the time, since everyone was yelling for me to do it.

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basic defense to this choke from under mount is to pull the attacking arm's elbow down to your chest and bridge and roll.

Basic defense to this choke from under side control is to move underneath front control (north-south). Another one is to pendulum your legs, turn into the guy and push on his head with your far arm (so if he's on your right side, turn onto your right side and push his head away with your left hand).

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:21pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When doing this choke from side control, I was taught to cinch the choke at the end by turning your elbow out towards their head. It really tightens it up more than just laying your forearm straight across their neck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:23pm

Style: bjj and hitting stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is one of my favorite chokes, I was able to tap another white belt using this from inside his guard last night. It was one of those things where I was just going to give it a try quick to keep his hands occoupied for a sec to break guard, next thing I knew he was tapping.

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aesopian is correct. Think of it as a windshield wiper action. That way you also don't need to get your fingers in his collar quite as deep which is good if the guy has good defense.

Chemist

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 5:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was told to put my elbow on the mat, and like I said before kick my bottom leg out toward his head like kesa gatame (scarf hold)

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast