Posted On:
    12/08/2004 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Milk: A wholesome drink?

**** no.

Milk is one of the WORST things you can put in your body. Alot of people talk about how "milk does a body good" and all that bullshit, but thats just what it is: bullshit.

Lets take a look at the back of my milk container and see how GREAT it is for me:

Wow 8 grams of protien! What a bargain! Its too bad it comes with a whopping 25% of the saturated fat reccomended in a 24 hour period.

Thats right: one glass of milk nails you with ONE QUARTER of the saturated fat reccomended in a single day based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Lets define "saturated fat" in everyday terms:

Saturated fats are the very unhealthy fats. They make the body produce more cholesterol, which may raise blood cholesterol levels. Excess saturated fat is related to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. The amount of cholesterol found in foods is not as important as the amount of saturated fat. Of all the fats, saturated fat is the most potent determinant of blood cholesterol levels. Saturated fats stimulates the production of LDL cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol) and therefore increases blood cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease. Saturated fats raise cholesterol levels and LDL-cholesterol levels more than dietary cholesterol itself.
    Its the REALLY BAD **** that fucks up your arteries basically.

Let me guess.....you can BURN that saturated fat right out of your bloodstream by WORKING harder right?

More bullshit.

Maybe you work harder than Arnold Schwarzenegger who was in such GREAT SHAPE that he had to have heart surgery and needed a replacement valve in order to prevent himself from dropping dead, muscles or not.

You can LOOK like your in great shape or you can BE in great shape.

Now lets compare that SUPER HEALTHY drink, milk, with ANOTHER healthy choice; Breyers Peanut Butter Twix Ice Cream!

When we take a look at the nutritional value for Twix Ice Cream and compare it to milk its FAR HEALTHIER to eat the Twix Ice cream than it is to drink a glass of milk.

Don't believe me?

The sat fat content of a serving of Bryers Twix Ice Crem is a WHOPPING 23%......enough to clog your heart but STIL not enough to dethrone our champion heart clogger, milk.

How about that MIRACLE vitamin CHOLESTEROL! Twix Ice Cream has got about 5% of the total cholesterol reccomended in a single day but our reigning champion Mr. Milk more than doubles it with 11%.

How about SODIUM! We all know how healthy a good portion of sodium is to keep your blood pressure on its toes! Well Twix Ice Cream has about 3% per serving where Milk has 5%....almost double but not quite.

Even when we come to fucking SUGAR...the Twix Ice cream beats out milk by a miserable 2 grams, Twix 14g and milk 12g.

You can couple this with the MASSIVE amount of anti-biotics and STEROIDS given to cows because without them they would drop dead from the conditions they live. At least they arent feeding steer the blood and brains of other cows anymore.....

If you want to stay healthy stay AWAY from milk. Theres a reason Americans are the FATTEST people on the whole planet.

Theres also a reason that obesity kills more people in this country than cigarrettes.

If you insist on drinking those slimy fucking protein shakes and weight gainers that we all know work so well, do yourself a favor and mix it with skim milk or at the least 1%-2% milk.

Your heart will thank you later.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 6:02pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, you're probably talking about 2% or whole milk.

Organic skim milk pretty much blows every issue of your's out of the water. On the flip side, your issue of steroids, hormones, and such count for pretty much any animal or animal-derived product.

Hence my constant assertion that people should spend the extra cash for organic products. Why someone would want skim beyond a flavor/texture preference is beyond me.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 6:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I try and eat almost everything organic. Your body responds alot better.

But organic milk has the same terrible nutrition and non-organic milk. It was just farmed differently.

Good luck trying to get people to drink skim milk over whole milk. Excess is best.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 6:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....just think of your WONDERFUL last days in the hospitol; that steady BEEP BEEP BEEP of one of the machines your hooked up to, that smell of pine cleaner on the hospitol floor, those beefy nurses cleaning your ass for you because you're on too many drugs keeping you alive to function like a human being.

We've slowly and steadily been convinced that its perfectly normal to have a heart attack in your 50's and 60's and you should EXPECT to die in that hospital room all drugged up by yourself.

The American diet is so bad it boggles the mind.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 6:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In short, don't drink whole milk unless you want your heart to swell like a canned ham.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    In short, don't drink whole milk unless you want your heart to swell like a canned ham.
    Now that's a message I could get behind. :D

There's some arguments against dairy related to allergy development in infants/toddlers, the predisposition of MOST minorities to have some degree of lactose intolerance (since they don't have the sociocultural evolution with a preponderance of dairy in their diet like Europeans do), and so on. Me, I drink both soy and cow-skim. I buy a 1/2 gallon of each everytime I go grocery shopping.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 6:32pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but if you are a cracker like me, you probably can't do soy very well either, for the same reason you gave for many asians being lactose intolerant. cow milk aggravates my asthma, but soy milk bloats me up like my pregnancy girlfriend (without the intermitent kicking in the abdomen).

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 6:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soy milk bloats you? How does that work?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 7:01pm

supporting member
     Style: 7 Star

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    When we take a look at the nutritional value for Twix Ice Cream and compare it to milk its FAR HEALTHIER to eat the Twix Ice cream than it is to drink a glass of milk.
    This is great news!

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 7:09pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    Soy milk bloats you? How does that work?

like many crackers of celtic descent, i am allergic to soy, unless it is fermented. so if i have to use soy protein or tofu, i have to use the fermented kind. since this is a pain in the ass, i tend to pass.

soy is on of the most common food allergens in the US.
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast