Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 11:15am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK.

Now that STR33T GAY has departed after having been proven to be either (1) a troll, (2) a gimmick and (3) clinically insane or (4) all of the above, I would like to attempt a revival of this thread.

Question 1: How are multiple attacker situations trained?

Question 2: What are some good situational drills?

Question 3: How do you choke someone with Mardi Gras beads?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 1:13pm

Style: stand up,clinch,ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

when was the last time you were jumped by multiple attachers?
    are you a gang member?

i have used the bump and run, pretty much hit one push another and run.

practicing basic clinch, boxing and kicking
    put gloves on put person in the corner and start throwing blows, person has to use whatever necessary to get out.
    lots of sparring, situation will deditate response

you cant the thread the beads are on is not strong enough.

Genius

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of my street situations usually involve driving my car.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Ė Voltaire.

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 9:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    All of my street situations usually involve driving my car.
    Yeeeeeaaaahh, running all of them over will fix things up good :happy8:

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 11:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    OK.

Now that STR33T GAY has departed after having been proven to be either (1) a troll, (2) a gimmick and (3) clinically insane or (4) all of the above, I would like to attempt a revival of this thread.

1. Spar against two people. We do this on occasion and itís not only good practice but itís fun. This also helps to add the adrenaline dump back into the equation as youíre not used to facing more than one opponent typically. I recently found that my boxing skills go to **** in a two on one scenario because I am more focused on movement and keeping one guy between me and the third person. What I need to work on is being more aggressive and striking at every opportunity in addition to my movement. Will it help for real? Maybe, or maybe not. The last time I was jumped (many years ago) it was all I could do to stay on my feet and not take too many shots to the head. Threw a few punches but nothing really connected and I was lucky to come out relatively unscathed.

2. All I know are the ones I have done: Two on one sparring, grappling w/ one guy armed with a knife (start w/ wrist secured), knife sparring with multiple opponents, grappling with a stick, multiple opponents grappling, vale tudo sparring while attempting to recover from the ground ASAP, grapple standing vs. two guys and try to stay standing for balance/control skill and canít remember the restÖ Damnit!

3. Step One: Show Beads ---- Step Two: See Breasts ---- Step three:_________ ---- Step four: Make Lots of Money!

:angel4:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "1. Spar against two people. We do this on occasion and itís not only good practice but itís fun."

If you are sparring to guys and having fun, then I don't think you are sparring very hard.
    In my experience years ago with JKDC we did alot of this involving mostly as you say circling to keep one guy between you are the other attaqcker.
    It is a reasonable delaying tactic if you expect help.
    But I still didn't like the drill.
    Real fights are dangerous.In drilling you can afford to use the one guy as a sheild, but in a real situation where a guy is wildly attacking bare knucle you cannot afford him only a portion of your attention.
    In sparring the guy being used as a sheild would jostle and throw half hearted blows, but in a REAL situation, the attacker won't spar, and won't pace himself.He will probably throw a series of blows while charging you with all the forward pressure he can muster.

He will NEED your full attention, you will know this instinctively and you will not feel the other guy positioning himself to hurt you from your blindside.
    Not always of course, but I mean if these two guys are fighting men, say bouncers.
    If you try to use the average bouncer as a sheild he may not have taken a single boxing class, but even if you are a pro fighter he can still knock your teeth out with one shot.Or if you are a wrestler he may throw you down.
    I think the mass attacker stuff I learned isn't useful in a fight.Just in sparring very light.
    I think in a real situation that facing two attackers is just so dangerous that the best way to win is to try and take away one guy as fast as you can, slipping no more than his lead shot before coming straight in with your best power combo looking to KO.
    If you are not looking to win, but survive, just run,Don't circle.
    Of course I could be wrong, as I don't spar vs gangs anymore, and never did with a realistic recreation of reality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 9:30am

Style: Moo Thai & Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back to this article:

http://www.grapplearts.com/2004/10/g...lf-defense.htm

Not overly excited by anything there however I have a bit of a problem with the following excercises:

Try grappling against two partners at the same time: your goal is to either submit them both or to be able to stand up and clear distance
    Even the the most simple minded pair of attackers would figure out that in a two on one situation one guy should tie up the opponent on the ground while the other boots the one who is not his friend in the head continuously.

Grapple with a dowel, simulating a knife. This drill will really emphasize the importance of wrist control!
    Is he suggesting that you actually try to grapple with someone wielding a knife? I can't imagine this would turn out too well for the guy without the knife.

BJJ is a great sport and fine for 1 on 1, but lets not try and make it something it's not.

1. We regularly train against multiple attackers, with an emphasis on getting away rather than knocking them all out. We train and spar with groin guards. Groinshots are delivered frequently and are a good way of dealing with multiple attackers.

2. Deal with threats as well as attacks. It's better to deal with someone before they actualy hit you (grabs, pushes etc), deal with the aggressor as quickly and violently as possible. This may deter anyone else getting involved.

3. I've never been attacked or attacked anyone with Mardi Gras beads. I iimagine it would be quite messy.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 1/06/2005 9:36am at .
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567