Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 12:58am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KAD1976
    I've looked around this website a while, so it really is no surprise to find you guys bashing another martial art here. This is a good school. You guys call them Mc Dojos. I call them black belt factories. This is not one of them. I'm not sure how any of you have come to your conclusions that this art "sucks". I wonder if any of you can tell me which martial arts this eclectic art has been influenced by? Yeah, I kinda doubt it. It's so easy to get online, get a user name, and begin bashing that nobody thinks twice. Respect is leaving this society as a desirable trait to have, and it is a sad thing. I sometimes wonder if Westerners were ever really worthy of the gifts of the Asian martial arts.

One last thing before I go, though. If any of you are truly interested in what it means to be a warrior, then I entreat you to seek out "Living the Martial Way : A Manual for the Way a Modern Warrior Should Think" by Forrest E. Morgan.

Peace.
    Another condescending asshole to tell us we're all "ignant"
    and don't know what we're talking about and how "asian" martial arts are a gift.

I'm asian and I can't stand you asiaphiliac hippies.
    whether a martial art is asian or not isn't relevant to whether it is good or not.

How it is taught and TRAINED is what matters.

It's been established that bakido has very little to none real alive training.

They have a bunch of fake bought "martial arts hall of fame" titles.

The only legit arts credited to bakido are some kind of koreanized kung fu and hapkido.
    neither which are particualrly excellent stand out striking arts as traditionally trained when it comes to becoming an effective FIGHTER.

Respect is earned.

Get a thick skin if you plan on hanging around.
    We don't hold back our opinions. we speak them instead of holding them in.
    Honesty is the best policy. Even if its ugly.

Truth is found amongst conflict.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 6:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by variance
    and don't know what we're talking about and how "asian" martial arts are a gift.

whether a martial art is asian or not isn't relevant to whether it is good or not.

The only legit arts credited to bakido are some kind of koreanized kung fu and hapkido.
    neither which are particualrly excellent stand out striking arts as traditionally trained when it comes to becoming an effective FIGHTER.

Respect is earned.

Amen bro.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 9:06am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10th dan promotion from Hall of Fame? Curious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 11:19am

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a proven fact that everyone who comes on here to defend baikido is grade a certified ignorant. Other then the initial "brothers" who defended it, everyone else has left one or two generic omg its a good system how would you know otherwise messages and then disappeared.
    You need to research what a Mcdojo is before you tell us we're ignorant as you're clearly ignorant of your own styles down falls. An art doesn't have to be asian to teach discipline or any of the other crap TMA people think is so original to their "asian arts".

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One last thing before I go, though. If any of you are truly interested in what it means to be a warrior, then I entreat you to seek out "Living the Martial Way : A Manual for the Way a Modern Warrior Should Think" by Forrest E. Morgan.

Peace.
    Read it.

Used to be impressed with it back before I started training for real and not getting into that cult mentality.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 12:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've looked around this website a while, so it really is no surprise to find you guys bashing another martial art here. This is a good school. You guys call them Mc Dojos. I call them black belt factories. This is not one of them. I'm not sure how any of you have come to your conclusions that this art "sucks". I wonder if any of you can tell me which martial arts this eclectic art has been influenced by? Yeah, I kinda doubt it. It's so easy to get online, get a user name, and begin bashing that nobody thinks twice. Respect is leaving this society as a desirable trait to have, and it is a sad thing. I sometimes wonder if Westerners were ever really worthy of the gifts of the Asian martial arts.

Peace.
    I quoted this because it is the type of sage advice one could get from a fifth degree blackbelt who is still in high school. Respect given regardless of consequences results with more witless assholes spreading crap martial arts. If you survive to grow up a little, you will come to realize that romantic notions of "being the warrior" put you way behind the reality of being able to fight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by variance

Respect is earned.

Nothing you've said here is unexpected. The fact that you are Asian means very little to me. I do not hold Asians in any higher regard than other races, I simply appreciate the ASIAN martial arts for what they are. Tell me that you have visited the school (there is only one) and drawn these conclusions for yourself. I believe that none of you have. Are you thinking for yourself, or simply following along with what the other boys are saying?

By the way, name calling? Seriously? That makes me chuckle. A little intelligence goes a long way though, pup.
    Last edited by KAD1976; 12/22/2007 4:30pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tom.f
    I quoted this because it is the type of sage advice one could get from a fifth degree blackbelt who is still in high school. Respect given regardless of consequences results with more witless assholes spreading crap martial arts. If you survive to grow up a little, you will come to realize that romantic notions of "being the warrior" put you way behind the reality of being able to fight.
    This really isn't worthy of a response, but I will say this: I am 31 years old and I have a 13 year old who is a better man than the lot of you. You are right in one thing: I have much growing up to do. I still have many things to learn, within the martial arts and without. This is where I differ from the folk on this forum. I recognize this. You do not. You believe that you have all of the answers, and that anyone who disagrees with your notions is an enemy. That is called fascism (look it up in case you don't know what I'm talking about).

I am in the military, and I will not give credentials here. They would only be misinterpreted. I do know enough to know what makes a warrior, and I think you are mixing up warrior with fighter.

One last thing: Bakido is not my style. I have never trained there, but I have seen it for myself, and I have talked to the Mr. Baden. I feel fairly certain that I am in a better position to judge the value of this martial art, than those of you who sit in this ivory tower of a forum and judge without ever having set foot in the dojang.

By the way, my style has been as varied and disjointed as this message. I started in Taekwon do. From there I spent time learning some Judo, Aikido, Iaido (although for a very short period. I didn't have the patience for this wonderful art.), and Kuk sul won, and going back to Taekwondo a few times in between. My favorites have been Aikido, and American Kenpo. Although my career as a martial artist is not as clean and purposeful as I would like it to have been, it has been interesting, to say the least. I dabbled in many. And I would be a fool to say that I mastered any. Even if I had the title of Master, I should say that that is a rather pretentious name to give oneself in conversation.

Replies will have fallen on deaf ears. I will not be returning to this thread after today. I will be canceling my account for obvious reasons. I daresay I hope that we can agree to disagree.

Happy Holidays to you all.

P.S. Someone said I called you guys ignorant. I just want to make it clear that I never said such a thing in my original post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you thinking for yourself, or simply following along with what the other boys are saying?
    Same could be said for you, you're spouting the same drivvle most "traditionalists" do, the school promotes itself as capable of teaching SELF DEFENSE. I have zero issue, read that again, ZERO ISSUE with anyone looking to instill discipline and respect in people through martial arts, it's a good thing, but do not claim to teach self defense and then get pissy when people critique the system on that and attempt to run around acting high and mighty as if you're the only school in the universe that teaches discipline and pretend that somehow makes your school inherently better.
    The argument over this school is long and complicated, I request you reread the entire thread, organize your argument so that it's not a "we're better then you BS fest" and try to explain away the doubts of the system that were raised. If my car dealer told me my car was crash proof I'd sure as hell want some assurance, just as sure as people have the right to know if you're in any position to actually be teaching self defense.
    once christmas is over I will go over the entire thread again and compile a more suitable presentation filled with quotes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Replies will have fallen on deaf ears. I will not be returning to this thread after today. I will be canceling my account for obvious reasons. I daresay I hope that we can agree to disagree.

why does everyone supporting this style run off after 1-2 posts? christ
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast