Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 8:53am

supporting member
     Style: Brazillian Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That armour looks pretty cool. As you said, much like kendo armour but more flexible.

BTW, wtf is going on in that pic? It looks like you've got an alien dressed up in a suit in the foreground, and a dismembered body on the floor in the background. That's some f'd-up ****. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 9:02am

Style: escrima, wc

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the dog brothers are a mixed martial arts association with main focus on weapon styles like escrima and krabi krabong. they also cross-train in BJJ and incorporate its principles into their stickfighting. they regularly arrange an open tournament with very few rules ("No judges, no referees, no trophies. One rule only: Be friends at the end of the day. This means no one should spend the night in the hospital, and everyone should leave with the IQ that they came with.") the so-called "gathering of the pack" where - i think - everyone can participate who's insane enough ;)

see http://www.dogbrothers.com for more info. they have some nice video clips there too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 9:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, Phillipino stuff is usually pretty friggin hard core. Those guys could use more armor than just a fencing helmet too ;p. But notice the circular motion. My style uses that as well.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    2/09/2003 1:28am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a excellent post. Your style also sound really interesting, I would like to check it out some time. By the way, I thinks you can carry a sword in Nevada. I have been to renissance fair many time and almost everyone carry swords and few ever spar with it.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    2/09/2003 8:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken Oh,
    I like your post. Its very good. Hope you write more in the future.

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2003 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, thanks.

FD, yeah, it must be different over there. They won't even let you carry a bokken into the Maryland Renaissance Festival if you're not staff.

Anyone, who is this JJ Lee metioned on the top of the last page?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123