Posted On:
    12/06/2004 7:33pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ultimate Black Belt Test:

www.ultimateblackbelttest.com

So I know what my thoughts on this are? I've been away from this site for almost 3 weeks without really reading or saying much. I tried the search function so if this has already been posted **** y'all.

I'm not sure whether I agree with 1000 hours of random acts of kindness. This is such a subjective term. Bottom line is why would somebody have to do 1000 hours or such of grappling if they have no interest in doing MMA.

BTW I've trained with Dave Meyer, great guy if you get a chance to train with him.

lord of the glen

Posted On:
    12/06/2004 8:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OLD OLD OLD OLD

...please dont hit me
    CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Posted On:
    12/06/2004 8:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Required Anthony Robbins component! Now that's interesting.

..and there is a choice between Dave Meyer and BJ Penn!

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    12/06/2004 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good.

Sparring
    1000 rounds of sparring (stand up and/or ground fighting) are required by final exam time. That's an average of 3 rounds per day. Rounds must be 2 minutes or longer.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or NHB (No Holds Barred) Requirement
    Each participant in the UBBT must hold or earn a blue belt or equivalent in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or any NHB style grappling. The official UBBT Grappling Coaches are David Meyer of Los Angeles, CA, BJ Penn of Hilo, Hawaii, and Casio Wereneck of Sacramento, CA, but candidates may use anyone ( and there are a 1000 great instructors around the world) for instruction and ranking.

Escrima / Kali
    Each UBBT participant must study one of the many Filipino "stick-fighting" arts ( Kali, Escrima, etc.) during the course of the 13 month test. We are develping a two-person routine that, once completed, will require 500 repetitions (minimum) and be performed for the final exam.

Boxing Requirements
    Candidates must have a minimum of 20 hours of training with a boxing or Muay Thai boxing coach.
    Complete bullshit.

Anthony Robbins 30 Day Unlimited Power Course
    Participants must go through the Robbins 30-Day or 7-Day tape series or have equivalent training in the Robbins system.

Body For Life
    Participants must come to the final exam in the best shape of their adult lives. Each candidate, prior to the exam, is required to read and follow Bill Phillip's diet and training program from his book, Body For Life.

Empathy Training
    One full day of living in a wheelchair, one full day blind, and one full day mute are required by all candidates to honor those people who live their lives with these handicaps.

Acts of Kindness and Compassion
    Each candidate must perform and log 1000 acts of kindness and compassion in their UBBT journal. In addition to this requirement, each candidate must be the catalyst for 50,000 (minimum) acts of courtesy, kindness, and respect from their students and/or community. Candidates may use Tom Callos' Random Acts of Kindness Program (available through NAPMA) or the first booklet in the Six Tasks Character Development Program (available through MAIA) or a program of their own creation.

Righting Wrongs & Mending Relationships
    Candidates are required to right three wrongs they've done in their lives or mend three broken relationships.
    Not a bad idea--
    Reading Requirements
    Each candidate will be required to read 12 or more books pertaining to management or philosophy, motivation or elightenment. Members of the UBBT have access to a suggested reading list, however the titles may be chosen by the candidate based on his or her interests.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    12/06/2004 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rest of it just isn't worth reading. I don't need to be certified as a good person or to know how to fight. That sissy **** has no place in MA.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2004 8:22pm

supporting member
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He named his school "The ROCK", after "his Lord and Svior, Jesus Christ."

How did I know the Jeezits would involved in this somehow?
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    12/06/2004 10:26pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or NHB (No Holds Barred) Requirement
    Each participant in the UBBT must hold or earn a blue belt or equivalent in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or any NHB style grappling. The official UBBT Grappling Coaches are David Meyer of Los Angeles, CA, BJ Penn of Hilo, Hawaii, and Casio Wereneck of Sacramento, CA, but candidates may use anyone ( and there are a 1000 great instructors around the world) for instruction and ranking."

I think thats a little vague to call something an "NHB" or "MMA" style- yes, for the most part, people in MMA train in Muay Thai, Boxing, BJJ, Wrestling, Sambo and Judo, but that doesnt mean that other styles are restricted (we just dont see them because these have proven the most effective). After all, Semmy Schilt has his style listed as "Karate"

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    12/07/2004 2:38am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see no problem in requiring some degree of moral instruction and learning as part of a process in learning how to fight.

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    12/07/2004 2:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me either, but this is extreme. Hell, Hitler probably could suffered through this just to be Chancellor, then start WWII.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2004 4:45pm

Style: karate, kobudo, wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the training requirements are good, as is some degree of moral instruction and further learning, but it is a little too forced for my liking.

As for having to take the Anthony Robbins 30 Day Unlimited Power Course... not impressed by that requirement. Nor do I like the one about having to follow a specific diet book.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast