Posted On:12/06/2004 6:04pm
I hereby bring the charge of McDojoism. The counts of the indictment follow:
1) 7 arts taught. Two instructors. That's a bad ratio.
2) The unavoidable 10th degree Soke whathaveyou belt in her own system.
3) "27 years experience in the Martial Sciences." If that were true, why did she misuse the words "science" and "quantum?"
4) A black sash in Chu Sen Lung Kwan. Does that even exist?
5) Claims an 8th degree in TKD and a 2nd degree in judo. Lots of people claim this, but think about how much time and training that would actually take.
6) A list of "teachers and mentors" that includes every famous person in the martial arts since time began and damn near includes an ancedote about picking her teeth with Musashi's bones.
7) They have a "little ninja." Awwww yeaaaahhh.
8) And most important: "Martial Arts Coaching by Phone."
I'll repeat that: MARTIAL ARTS COACHING BY PHONE!
$300 a month. No kidding.
There's a lot more to love here. Promise
I dork harder than any of you can imagine.
Competition Team Tag...yes?
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:08pm
Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA
I am in awe of your superior Bullshido detecting skills. :notworthy
Kuha'o - Kela - Koa
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:13pm
"There's nothing more satisfying than pointing out the shortcomings of others."
- Randall, from "Clerks"
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:14pm
Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo
I'm glad that my **** talking drove you to search the internet (I'm assuming thats where it came from).
Or not far, far to much ego on my part.:sad3::sad3:
Last edited by Jekyll; 12/06/2004 6:42pm at .
Originally Posted by Stickx
It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:15pm
Oh yeah, I'm not whoring, but ...
The instructor of the school claims to be "an instructor of Carlos Machado jujitsu." Could any of you BJJ guys help here? Does Machado issue or require documentation?
Certified Fitness Trainer
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:18pm
Style: Chemical Assistance
Anyone actually look at the gallery? It just has random bullshit pictures. Oh and the little ninjas..Fucking kids... #@$@U#E(QIUWE(WQeuQWE ARRRRRG
I can't deal with that **** right now, I'm about to have an anureism.....
Numa ^ 3
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:23pm
Style: Wado Kai
What is scary to me is that Jekyll thought he was making something up as a joke...but someone else has already done it seriously...
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:27pm
Yeah no kidding :-/
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:35pm
okay, it's verifiable. I've become stupider just by visiting that site.
Posted On:12/06/2004 6:43pm
Yeah, you can't go more than a click or two without stepping on something stupid:
The Pro Shop: http://www.quantummartialarts.com/Merchandise/main.html
Notice all the stuff is for the kids. "Little ninja urban warrior outfit?" The school is about 2 miles from one of the worst neighborhoods I've ever lived in, and about the same from one even worse than that and 5 minutes from a city so bad that even cops from other cities are scared to go there off-duty. No kidding. I asked.
"Urban warrior" indeed. Some 8 year old booger eater in that walks around outside the school and that damn think will be like flaky pastry crust on an appetizer for the local crime and heroin enthusiasts.
Oh yeah, the assistant instructor got her "certificates" (whatever those might be worth) this year, and all of them seem to have come from that school. I think they made her in the garage with power tools.
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info