On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam, you're a bastard.
    Posting on an international site like Bullshido makes me realise how much I apreacate the english sense of humor.:thebirdma

And before any of you Yanks say anything its not irony, its spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 12:47pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    got two stories:
    I was going wiht my GF at the time (a japanese exchange student) to see some fireworks downtown. we didnt have a car so we took the bus. while we were waiting at the stop, an old panhandler comes up a starts asking for money for bus fair and while he's talking hes gettting progressively louder with each sentence. he starts yelling and talking **** about how he put two kids through pitt and penn state and his wife ran out on him and he DESERVES bus fair. I look at my GF and she's like freaked out, her eyes are like dinner plates, because shes never seen this kind of thing before and probably thinks were going to be robbed. I gave him my pocket change and he got a little less loud with his 'pitt and pennstate' gambit. As far as I know she never went downtown again...

I was walking on the main strip in my college neighborhood to buy some food. after I came out there was this guy wanting money for his car, which was convieinetly out of view with his GF in it and he was stuck and he needed money because she was pregnant ETC...I reach in my pockets *JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE* "nope, got nothing" *JINGLE* as I walk away the guy's like: "you little bitch!!" and starts moving towards me, so I hosed him with Fox defense spray. I really hope his car got fixed and his pregnant wife got to the hospital.....
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me walking into liquor store approached by guy asking for some change.

I give change.

I browse through liquor for a bit.

Guy comes in.

Guy buys alcoholic beverages.

Guy leaves.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 1:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Course my favorite one was the guy who came into a deli while I was in there and started talking to people working behind the counter. He was seemingly having an intelligent conversation while walking around munching on things. Then proceeds to start picking up straws and putting them together to form a very long straw as he goes on about Clinton and aliens. Then puts what hes been eating at the register, mumbles something about putting that with the rest of his order (he ordered a sandwich also) then leaves in a huff with his new straw contraption.

Edit: If only I had five guns and twelve knives on me I would have been able to prevent that crime from happening. For shame on my unpreparedness.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei33
    got two stories:
    I was going wiht my GF at the time (a japanese exchange student) to see some fireworks downtown. we didnt have a car so we took the bus. while we were waiting at the stop, an old panhandler comes up a starts asking for money for bus fair and while he's talking hes gettting progressively louder with each sentence. he starts yelling and talking **** about how he put two kids through pitt and penn state and his wife ran out on him and he DESERVES bus fair. I look at my GF and she's like freaked out, her eyes are like dinner plates, because shes never seen this kind of thing before and probably thinks were going to be robbed. I gave him my pocket change and he got a little less loud with his 'pitt and pennstate' gambit. As far as I know she never went downtown again...

I was walking on the main strip in my college neighborhood to buy some food. after I came out there was this guy wanting money for his car, which was convieinetly out of view with his GF in it and he was stuck and he needed money because she was pregnant ETC...I reach in my pockets *JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE* "nope, got nothing" *JINGLE* as I walk away the guy's like: "you little bitch!!" and starts moving towards me, so I hosed him with Fox defense spray. I really hope his car got fixed and his pregnant wife got to the hospital.....

Rock.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar
    Partially tongue-in-cheek, but somewhat true. The town I live in is for some reason, a Mecca for homeless people and drifters. Some of them are truly down on their luck as it's very hard to get a job here that pays enough for you to rent or buy here. Catch-22 and all. Some of the panhandlers here are your standard drunks, druggies and mentally ill.

And then there are the professional panhandlers. I'd estimate that on a good day, some of these guys can rake in over $100 a day or more, and some even have nice apartments or homes and pretty nice cars. I'd estimate that they make up 60-80% of the panhandler population. They usually have the same story. They say they just need bus fare or gas money to get to San Jose or San Fran or Berkeley or something, but most of them have apartments or homes and pretty nice cars. I'd estimate that on a good day, some of these guys can rake in over $100 a day or more.

I also saw something on Dateline or 20/20 where they followed a guy who spent his day begging on a concrete median and after he made enough, he went to his brand-new Mercedes, changed into a polo and slacks and drove home. They also tried to hired some of those "Will Work for Food" guys. Surprise, none of them would work, and most of them didn't want food.

Couple of my favorite panhandling stories. I was in the drive thru at Jack in the Crack at the speaker box, ordering. Guy comes up on my blind spot and practically sticks his head in the open window. "Hey man, can you spare like, 5 bucks for gas money? I just need to get to San Jose." "Let me see how much I have after I pay for my food." Guy goes around and waits right by the drive through window. I pay for my $5 meal with a $20. He sees me pay and says, "Hey, can I get that five bucks now?" "Sorry man, all I have is plastic." He flips me off and spits on my car as I drive away. I still see him every few weeks pulling the same scam. One time I asked him, "You still haven't gotten to San Jose yet?" Flipped me off and spat on my car again.

Once I was walking downtown, which is notorious for panhandlers. Lots of rich people shopping and eating, lots of benches for panhandlers to sit on and local cops won't touch 'em. I was walking around at about 9am, guy asks me "Hey brah, you got any money to help me get breakfast?" "No, sorry." "Aw, don't be sorry, I'm just a homeless piece of ****." I laughed so hard I almost fell down.

Awesome story.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Isolated and Confused

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil would have been in his element the other day. A scary homeless person was stealing* from the local shop. A confrontation ensued when he was caught by the elderly shopkeeper. Clearly a master of Drunken Kung Fu the SHP swayed from side-to-side looking for an opening. "What would Phil do?" I thought as I prayed for him to burst through the door waving his chopper. Luckily the shopkeeper had obviously studied RBSD and through the use of the tried and tested technique of Push'n'Shove the SHP was ejected into the street without his ill gotten gains.

*Deodorant. Can you drink it?
    Failing to become awesome since 1976
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234