Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 5:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "anyone else notice a similarity between WC and jigen ryu?"

I know where you're going with this, Jenfucius, but I'm afraid you've made a common error in your assumption. Techically, the Jigen Ryu folks are wearing HAKAMA... The Wing Chun guys just wear skirts...

Having said that, on a more serious note, what similarities do you see?

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're both shitty.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 3:02am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheng
    All I know is, the guy in those clips looked like he could have caused some serious damage... I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his attacks, that's for certain!
    THAT sarcasm... Great Crispy Crap! PLEASE tell me you weren't being serious (and mean it)! :new_shock

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 5:47pm

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, amazingly bad! Does he call it ving tsun anywhere? I couldn't make myself read any more of that website. Time to run, need to pick up my skirt from the drycleaners!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Grond,

The creators of the web site call their martial art (and I quote, regretably...) an "AMERICAN Para-Military style combat reality based self defense system". As if run-on sentences weren't bad enough, now there are run-on martial arts!

For the record, I didn't see any mention of Wing Chun (or any references to having developed the "martial art" from any oriental sources whatsoever), and I don't know how Wing Chun got brought into the conversation. Fate, I guess.

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 5:56pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fate? Or weak arm chain punches and obvious heavy use of the centreline theory?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 6:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be so cynical. I mean, in the second clip I posted, when the attacker goes down from a kick to the leg and a punch to the shoulder, the guy that's still standing knows his work isn't done. Notice how, when he throws his punches, he circles around the head of the guy on the ground. That's so when the guy on the ground tries to hit back, he'll be like, "damnit, I just got punched from that angle, but now there's nothing there for me to hit. This guy's a friggin' GHOST!" That's why the attacker looks like he's tip-toeing, because he has to move fast to make the technique work. And the guys punches are really short because he has the one-inch punching power, so why bother retracting more than that? And BELIEVE ME, when you combine one-inch power punches with the old "run-around-the-head-of-the-guy-in-a-fetal-positon" trick, you're working with a WHOLE 'NOTHER ANIMAL!

You just need more practice, then you'll understand...

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 6:24pm

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Antagony is right, it's a three stooges style of kung fu that only happens to resemble really really bad ving tsun by accident. Now, if one of those guys had used a "bong sau" or a stationary 'tan sau', I might think otherwise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 6:26pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "MasterChief Tommy DiLallo (Chief Instructor of V-Force SCS) started off his martial arts career at the age of 8 when he studied GoJu Rye."

Soooo... his martial arts study began with partially stale bread?

My only question is whether they supply a standard camo pattern for the pants, or if anything from the local surplus store will do?

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 6:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Err...WTF was the second clip about? some guy obviously walking into a kick, and then his mate throws a billion gay and ineffective punches in a second.

Oh yes, MAS material for sure.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast