Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 5:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi,
    Yes i have learned martial arts from Max and found a lot of it helpful and unique. I have also learned some Judo in my youth and worked in the Fitness industry for some time in the late 80's. i currently have a new (65 year old) Martial arts teacher originally from the states who has learned and taught Okinawa Karate, Chinese Kenpo and White Crane Kung Fu.
    I hate to disappoint you all but am not in the least interested in researching linages or histories. Just interested what i deem works for me. I make my judgements on what I see and experience. I can't really say much more than that.

Again my apologies I've never been to the temple of Cho Chiao and would only be spreading rumours, it seems there are people on this forum that have been in a much closer and longer relationship with Max than me and perhaps it's for them to answer these questions.

I have spoken to a Shaolin Master whom I will not be naming, who said that he had contact (not trained) with Max in the late 70's in Chinatown (Sydney) for app 3 years and confirms that Max then was already gifted and was taking individual lessons from a Kung Fu Master. I believe this person to be honest and don't require or seek further prove.

Thank you for reading, sorry I can't bring any further light to this discussion.

Kerim

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 8:04am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by black&white View Post
    Hi,
    Yes i have learned martial arts from Max and found a lot of it helpful and unique. I have also learned some Judo in my youth and worked in the Fitness industry for some time in the late 80's. i currently have a new (65 year old) Martial arts teacher originally from the states who has learned and taught Okinawa Karate, Chinese Kenpo and White Crane Kung Fu.
    I hate to disappoint you all but am not in the least interested in researching linages or histories. Just interested what i deem works for me. I make my judgements on what I see and experience. I can't really say much more than that.

Again my apologies I've never been to the temple of Cho Chiao and would only be spreading rumours, it seems there are people on this forum that have been in a much closer and longer relationship with Max than me and perhaps it's for them to answer these questions.

I have spoken to a Shaolin Master whom I will not be naming, who said that he had contact (not trained) with Max in the late 70's in Chinatown (Sydney) for app 3 years and confirms that Max then was already gifted and was taking individual lessons from a Kung Fu Master. I believe this person to be honest and don't require or seek further prove.

Thank you for reading, sorry I can't bring any further light to this discussion.

Kerim
    You do understand that your post is contradictory right?

First you say you wont spread rumors then, you post a rumor based on hearsay and secondhand information.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2010 7:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shoalin Double Dragon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by black&white View Post
    Hi,

Kerim
    Now that you've pointed out that you have trained in other style, I'm surprised you still believed in Max, I've only trained with one Sifu and let me tell you, it doesn't take much to see that Max's style is not a genuine one, if you understand the basic of martial arts, from what I have seen, he might have had some sort of training, but not the type that he claimed to be, someone once told me that what he teaches in private are fast more advance then the stuff he show to non traditional students, but if you are a true master, people can tell by a simple punch or block, I saw it then and again in the recently deleted video clips on youtube, they are just random moves that he made up probably from movies, I understand that a lot of his former students were probably impressed by his flexibility and flashy kicks, but he really had nothing more to offer.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 6:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained there and think the background was a bit dodgy and other stuff was dodgier still. That is potentially libel on this site apparently so cant comment much. Havent seen the youtube stuff, but having spent time there I think Jeremy Austin was doing his usual and showing off to impress rather than showing it as a fighting style which it is. A lot of the punching side was just like normal boxing, so I guess if you dont rate boxing then you wouldnt rate this style.
    Not sure what happened with the whole Kostya Tzu relationship, but I heard he was being used as a lot of others were. Again from a fighters perspective though, if Kostya saw some merit there, then I guess there must be something to it.

Apparently there were some fighters recently that went to a tourament and got arses kicked. I havent been there for it seems a lifetime ago, but the standard must have really dropped or their opponents were bloody good. I wasnt experienced at the time, but they impressed me. But I never saw Austin do much, no sparring anyway. I just relied on the fact that if the instructors were any indication, then he must be able to fight too.
    And it was the senior instructors at the time that I really repected, they were good, intelligent and sound people. From what Ive heard they all left as well.
    I was never interested in the weapons so dont know what they rate.

As for the culled aspect, I think this is good this site has come. Im sure there are more people reading this than are commenting. Those that have been affected and more than likely the man himself. So Max, looks like it's over huh?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 7:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunit View Post
    That is potentially libel on this site apparently so cant comment much.
    This site does not have its own definition of libel. Libel is a legal term, and has an objective meaning. Making public, written accusations of sexual misconduct about someone is libel. Whilst the best defence to libel is proving the accusations to be true, that requires evidence. And a lawyer. And therefore money. Best to avoid if you can.

http://www,efa.org.au/Issues/Censor/defamation.html

...showing off to impress rather than showing it as a fighting style which it is.
    Is there any evidence of CCK being a "fighting style"? This would ideally take the form of, um...fights. Do you know where we could see some sort of independent competition record?

A lot of the punching side was just like normal boxing, so I guess if you dont rate boxing then you wouldnt rate this style.
    Most people in these here parts do rate boxing as an art that has proven its effectiveness many times over, but it is worth asking what you mean by this assessment. "Just like normal boxing" as in trained through hard contact sparring? Or just "looking" like boxing?

...if Kostya saw some merit there, then I guess there must be something to it.
    This is flawed. George Dillman trained with Muhammad Ali, then went on to teach "hidden techniques" and "no touch KOs".

Apparently there were some fighters recently that went to a tourament and got arses kicked. I havent been there for it seems a lifetime ago, but the standard must have really dropped or their opponents were bloody good. I wasnt experienced at the time, but they impressed me. But I never saw Austin do much, no sparring anyway. I just relied on the fact that if the instructors were any indication, then he must be able to fight too.
    And it was the senior instructors at the time that I really repected, they were good, intelligent and sound people. From what Ive heard they all left as well.
    It really does sound as if you are in a position to provide some real facts about this art. Something this thread sorely needs. Can you help us out?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 5:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of the punching side was just like normal boxing, so I guess if you dont rate boxing then you wouldnt rate this style.

One of the former lead female instructor's father was a boxer from Russia, he helped Max a great deal with the boxing side of things, in terms of Max's boxing skill, he's really not that good as I've mention before, even though he is extremely flexible with his legs, he's actually quite stiff with the rest of his body, just doesn't have the flow, people that have seen the youtube clips might recall seeing him teaching students how to do a back fist, it just doesn't have the speed and snipping power, and same with his boxing.
    Not sure if the guy had anything to do with the relationship with Kostya Tzu? as far as I know, that instructor left the school about 2 years ago not in good terms though.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 5:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Spunit;2443501]A lot of the punching side was just like normal boxing, so I guess if you dont rate boxing then you wouldnt rate this style.
    Not sure what happened with the whole Kostya Tzu relationship, but I heard he was being used as a lot of others were. Again from a fighters perspective though, if Kostya saw some merit there, then I guess there must be something to it.

One of the former lead female instructor's father was a boxer from Russia, he helped Max a great deal with the boxing side of things, in terms of Max's boxing skill, he's really not that good as I've mention before, even though he is extremely flexible with his legs, he's actually quite stiff with the rest of his body, just doesn't have the flow, people that have seen the youtube clips might recall seeing him teaching students how to do a back fist, it just doesn't have the speed and snipping power, and same with his boxing.
    Not sure if the guy had anything to do with the relationship with Kostya Tzu? as far as I know, that instructor left the school about 2 years ago not in good terms though.

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 8:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry cant help on a lot of fronts. I consider the boxing realistic because since I trained there I have done boxing and had amatuer fights (2 wins 1 loss). And yes, they did real sparring not just 'looking' like sparring or boxing. Kickboxing was the same, I've had two fights - 1 win 1 draw (no elbows though) and consider their techniques realistic and found them helpful in later training as I was able to more than hold my own with little experience other than CCK. Again, this was more from the instructors there than Austin and maybe the boxing came from the russian guy who was the father of one of the instructors - I dont know. I know there is footage of Kostya thanking Max for the help he was given though, I think Ive even got the tape somewhere if i can convert it to dvd. It was a long time ago though (1996 i think) so might have deteriorated. Other than that no more info than what has already been said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 11:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunit View Post
    I consider the boxing realistic because since I trained there I have done boxing and had amatuer fights (2 wins 1 loss). And yes, they did real sparring not just 'looking' like sparring or boxing. Kickboxing was the same, I've had two fights - 1 win 1 draw (no elbows though) and consider their techniques realistic and found them helpful in later training as I was able to more than hold my own with little experience other than CCK.
    Thanks. Can you link to some records? What organisation was this with?

I think Ive even got the tape somewhere if i can convert it to dvd. It was a long time ago though (1996 i think) so might have deteriorated.
    This would be great if you could spare the time.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456