Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 6:44pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might check it out, as Hornsby is about 45 minute drive from where I live. Do not expect this to happen soon, because I have one of those life things.

However, I am supremely interested in meeting this dude as he is a joke, literally, in some Australian mens magazines. I think he had a comedy column in one that was something not unlike Advice for Real Men.

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 6:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im interested to know exactly what circumstances brought him to be accepted as a student in a tibetan monastery at the age of 6. What was he even doing in tibet at that age? What is he, the flipping golden child?!!! This whole thing has less real evidence to back it up than the existence of god

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 4:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shoalin Double Dragon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    odd enough all the info are disappearing like from zoominfo, only been accessed 2 days ago, and now it's been removed, even their website have been changed, no longer giving out too much informations, I guess he's finally caught on that he's given too much clues for people to determine that it's a fraud, he's better off promoting his school as a kickboxing school then a kung fu school, that's all they teach there anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 5:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's obviously got some sort of martial skill. It's not inconcievable that he would have something to teach his students. But Tibetian Taoist Kung Fu? Selected at age 6? 538 fucking tournaments?

He would have done better to trade off his "Barry Dawson" persona. The name itself would probably be copyrighted to Cougar Bourbon, but the image could have worked. The identity he selected just sets off too many alarm bells.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 5:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He even better off market it as a kick boxing school in stead of some fantasy story, he'll probably get away from people questioning his skills, and better even without those random weapons moves.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 12:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just notice pretty much everything about "Cho Chiao" and Max Austin has disappeared from the net, video clips and even the website, probably been getting too much attention!?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 11:22am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dudef1 View Post
    I just notice pretty much everything about "Cho Chiao" and Max Austin has disappeared from the net, video clips and even the website, probably been getting too much attention!?
    Standard modus operandi when someone is in the process of being outed as a fraud or has been caught lying or embellishing on their credentials.

1. Remove alll incriminating information and fictional stories
    2. Direct all students to stay away from certain websites and avoid discussions about the school.
    3. Hide head in sand and hope it all goes away in a few months.
    4. After the torches and pitchforks have been put away resurface with new claims and a new story
    安氏八极拳学生

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 6:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's probably what is happening, it's not the first time either, they have change their website at least twice that I know of just last year, the last time they definitely took away a lot of questionable contents, the people who put the video clips on youtube have closed the account, there was a comment made by an X student saying the school is more of a "cult" and a some interesting arguments from students of the school.

Posted On:
    1/22/2010 7:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Student of Max Austin

I have read the statements about Sheifu Max Austin. You really should meet someone for yourself before you judge them, don't listen to everything you hear or read. I was a daily student at CCK academy for 2 yrs, I have a personal training and fitness instruction background. I have lost almost 50kg. I love eastern training and the wholistic approach of balance with mind and body. In my opinion Sheifu is an extremely spiritual and enlightened, intelligent individual. In regards to his training- it is astounding, like none I have seen before. I don't believe he has anything to prove to anyone, training is development of oneself, it's not about slaughtering your oponent, although he is more than capable of the latter, it is not about the ego.

Unfortuneately I have moved, but continue my own daily training based upon my instruction from sheifu and his instructors. I also tried other styles- taekwondo and thai Kick-boxing. I believe there is much to learn from all styles and not to limit oneself. I will always love martial arts. I still consider myself a student of sheifu, even though I am not there in the physical, but visit when I can.

To be direct and honest i don't care about what people say about him, everybody has enemies, rivals and jealousy is indeed a disease.

All I care about is what I have learnt and developed whilst there and no one can take that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Accessed on 15/9/2009
    http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Austin_Max_1181369808

It is interesting that Max Austin makes no claims as to whether his art is an actual fighting one. It seems to be billed as a way of realizing "human potential", ie. Shifu Max Austin teaches the "cool ****" rather than the "d34dly ****".

He is still marketing it using his martial arts experience and lineage however, so it could still be of interest to this forum.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 1:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Austi...181369808.aspx

Max's life story, both unique and inspiring, is one of overcoming adversity and achieving success against all the odds.He has competed successfully in 538 full contact tournaments throughout Asia and trekking, sometimes solo, through much of the Tibetan mountains.In 1998 Max was diagnosed with multiple cranial tumours and serious cranial bone degeneration.Over a 4 year period he applied all he had learnt and has successfully self healed without the use of operations or drugs.His case is medically documented.
    Did anybody find this medical case? I mean that is some radical stuff right there.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast