Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 5:13pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by icewolf111
    i just googled cho chiao kung fu and this came up and i felt compelled to comment is all. this will prolly be my last post.
    That's too bad I am sure there are a few people here that would like more information and would like som information clarified. I actually have a couple of questions myself.

The Cho Chiao, in Mandarin would be read as 搓脚 (Cuo Jiao) According to your teacher's website Cho means the balance between Yin and Yang, I find this translation odd, seeing as Cho (Cuo) is generally translated as "rub with the hands" Can you provide an explanation for this or where I might find the term 搓 used to mean balance between Yin and Yang, outside of your teachers website.

You say that your style is very well rounded and incorporates grappling. Could you clarify this please? How would you define grappling in relation to your style? I want to determine what kind of grappling you are referring to so as to avoid confusion.

Your school uses the term Shifu for teacher, this is nothing out of the ordinary. I also use this term. Shifu is Mandarin Chinese while Sifu is Cantonese Chinese. Neither is Tibetan.

He fought 538 tournament fights at temples in Tibet. Can you please provide the names of the temples for verification? In what years did he train in Tibet and for how long? I saw a photo of him at the temple in 1988. I have been to Tibet and visited several temples and outside of the Potala Palace none are in the stellar condition that the temple in that photo appears to be in.

I hope you return and take the time to answer my inquiries.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 5:18pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey at least the guy is athletic. It has potential.

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 5:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Cho Chiao Chaun Fa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to be totally honest i dont know anything about the language or characters i was only making a guess as to why there was a translation issue. its not something we are taught. about the temple however i know some but very little. i have actually talked to him about visiting them because i would like to have seem them. i know there were 2 that he trained at both at very high altitudes at something like 4 and 6 thousand feat but im very unsure of those figures because this is from a short conversation with him a couple of weeks ago. i do know that the temples aren't there anymore, the chinese government demolished them at some point during the 90's i believe. as for the grappling i am really only a beginner in the style and have only been practiceing it for a few months so i havent got to that stuff yet and have only seen the advanced students do a small amount of it and as i know next to nothing about grappling styles i wouldnt know how to explain it properly. but when asking the instructors about the style i have been told that grappling is incorporated in the style. wish i could be more help. haveing met all the instructors and shifu austen i find it very hard not to trust and respect them. they are either exceptionally good fakes or they are legitimate. with the amount of people that go to cck i doubt the former is right, soccoms razor and all that.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 6:16pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually it wouldn't be unheard of for total fakes to have very large followings. If the temples are no longer there then it may be even easier to determine where they were. I am sure that the Chinese Government would have gotten plenty of negative press for tearing them down. I would appreciate it if you could find out the names of the 2 temples for verificiation.

Are there any videos available for viewing so that we may get a better idea of what he is teaching?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 3:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shoalin Double Dragon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cho Chiao Kung Fu?

This style is a freak, makes me angry to even think about it, I feel for all the students that's been miss led, I know this because I knew the guy and even trained some of his students in our own style years ago just before he open up the school, and we also help him do demo's to promote his gym cos no one else in his school can do weapons, it's just a made up forms with mainly flexible kicks, (I give him that, he is extremely flexible) and one Tai Chi look alike soft form, but that's all and that's it, we taught them some of our basic traditional forms and weapons, I have asked Mr Auston to show me some of their weapon forms but he always say that their style are very difference to ours and require a lot more room, (how many ways can you use a pole or a sword) but now and then he would pick up a weapon and play with it, but all he was doing was holding the weapon and do his kicks, and by the way someone said it is not a Chinese style but a Tibetan style, the style is suppose to be taught in a Taoist temple in Tibet, Taoist is a Chinese religion and don't ask me why it is in Tibet, their so call traditional forms are more like kickboxing style with high kicks, anyway the guy and the style is a freak and that's all I have to say...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 8:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shoalin Double Dragon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for my last post I meant fake not freak, I knew the guy for years, I never believed any of the bullshit, at the time I meet him, I've been training for about ten years and I picked it up stay away, cos it look nothing like a traditional style, it's more like Taeokwando+kickboxing+gymnastics, over all very bad forms, I just went along with it cos he's a friend of my Sifu.

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 10:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    most amusing.
    the 'master' looks like he makes up stuff on the fly in his youtube vids, but not with any natural fluidity. he doesnt look comfortable with any weapons and his balance seems off whenever he isnt in the air?!
    personally I'd be more inclined to do taekwondo for all that fancy kicking
    as for the qi gong...well, Im not even going there other than to say a walk around the block would be more beneficial (to the style shown in his youtube vid, not qigong in general)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 3:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Hey at least the guy is athletic. It has potential.
    I don't think that his athleticism is in question here. The most worrying things are his lineage claims (Tibetian Taoism?) and fighting record (unverified and probably unverifiable).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 4:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Max Austin is better known to Australian audiences as Barry "the Cougar" Dawson. This fictional character was invented to sell Cougar Bourbon. Kind of a Chuck Norris without win.

Cougar Bourbon: The Cougar | SPIKE

Oddly enough, Austin would probably have more success at promoting his school using this persona...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 7:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MAX AUSTIN

In 1965, aged 6, Max was sought out and accepted as a student of the Grand Master of the Cho Chiao Lineage in Tibet to continue the 2,500 year old linage outside Tibet.Commencing training in Tibet at the age of 7, he began an incredible journey towards self mastery.His education by his teacher was exceptionally broad based, encompassing scholastic and practical studies including the sciences, philosophy, traditional medicine, healing and regeneration and bio mechanics.

Max is a Kung Fu Master, head of the CCK Academy at Hornsby, and the only Westerner to have been taught and raised by the Lineage in Tibet.He has been living and practicing the CCK System for 41 years and is continually adapting the teachings for our society.He shares this pathway for achieving sustainable excellence and harmony in life by transferring this unique System to the Western world where it is being accessed by any who are looking for a better, more sustainable way of mastering their human potential.

Max's life story, both unique and inspiring, is one of overcoming adversity and achieving success against all the odds.He has competed successfully in 538 full contact tournaments throughout Asia and trekking, sometimes solo, through much of the Tibetan mountains.In 1998 Max was diagnosed with multiple cranial tumours and serious cranial bone degeneration.Over a 4 year period he applied all he had learnt and has successfully self healed without the use of operations or drugs.His case is medically documented.

Max is delivering a series of keynote speeches, seminars and residentials to both the general public and corporate clients, on understanding and developing a much greater capacity for all life skills, breaking through the limiting preconceptions about our human potential, aging, and our day to day vitality and increasing our life span.He will be teaching skills on practical day to day methods for achieving balance and maximizing energy levels, and on dealing and progressing with life, dealing with life's traumas and stresses, achieving success in health, family and career.

His message, both simple and profound, conveys a truth seldom expressed and offers a vision for the future and the method of achieving it.

~ He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good. - Confucius ~
    Accessed on 15/9/2009
    http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Austin_Max_1181369808

It is interesting that Max Austin makes no claims as to whether his art is an actual fighting one. It seems to be billed as a way of realizing "human potential", ie. Shifu Max Austin teaches the "cool ****" rather than the "d34dly ****".

He is still marketing it using his martial arts experience and lineage however, so it could still be of interest to this forum.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast