Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Samurang

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, come on, i'm not the necromancer here!

No cowboy please!

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by TimeToPartyHard View Post
    The main arguement is that the Korean Samurang were the origins of the Japanese samurai. However, there is absolutely no evidence in any of Korean recorded history that the samurang existed. Samurang is one of fabrications by Haidong Gumdo, who says it was a name for Goguryeo warriors.

According to Haidong Gumdo, a master called Seolbong (Sul Bong; 雪峰) taught Haidong Gumdo in the Changbai Mountains during the Goguryeo Dynasty and the practitioners were called Samurang (士武郞). Some of them moved to Japan and came to be called Samurai.

The word Samurang, again, never appeared in history. In addition, the three Chinese characters 士武郞 are pronounced as "shi-bu-rō" in modern Japanese and as "shi-bu-rau" in old Japanese, quite different from samurai. In fact, Haidong Gumdo coined this word so that it sounds similar to samurai in the modern Korean language. Considering the ultimate etymology of samurai, the verb samorafu, the fabrication is obvious to Japanese, but some uninformed Koreans and Westerners are deceived.

Also Goguryeo (also known as Koguryo; Chinese: Gāogōulí) (1st century BC-668) was a kingdom in southern Manchuria and northern Korea. It is often referred to as one of the Three Kingdoms of Korea, along with Baekje and Silla. In the early Heian, the late 8th and early 9th centuries, Emperor Kammu sought to consolidate and expand his rule in northern Honshu. The armies he sent to conquer the rebellious Emishi lacked motivation and discipline and were unable to prevail. He then introduced the title of Seiitaishogun (征夷大将軍) or shogun and began to rely on the powerful regional clans to conquer the Emishi. Skilled in mounted combat and archery, these clan warriors became the emperor's preferred tool for putting down rebellions.

Look at the 2 time periods. There is a little over 200 years betweeen them. Theyre claiming that a group that had been completely phased out, influenced a group 200 some years later. Also it doesn't seem that the Goguryeo warriors were anything more than an army. The samurai were obviously a bit more than that in the way that they served.

It just doesn't seem to me that it is possible. There are just too many logical, and proven, facts that simply rule out the existance of the samurang, and the influence of the Goguryeo warriors on the Japanese samurai. I've pasted most of this together from encyclopedias (Wikipedia can be found online), and various martial arts websites, and discussions with friends who take Korean martial arts. If anyone else can add anything for either side, please feel free.
    Were your smoking or intaking some illegal substances?

Oh well, I guess you're one of those thick blockhead Japanese who has been indoctrinated by your version of the fabricated history in Japan today.

In Koguryeo Korea, it was both required that the warrior to be in the highest echelons of that society, combined with the irrefutable verification of victories in battles to be endowed with this highest majestic title of 'Samurang'. Whereas in Yamato Japan, it wasn't the case.

By the way, who do you think your first Yamato king was from?

Sadly, based on my experience, I happen to notice the considerable number of characters who are bent on attempting to belittle and excessively underestimate the Koreans/Korean Americans. I think those characters are darn shady and I am sadden by their arrogance and pride in a vain attempt to deny and to disparage their true progenitors in anyway they possibly can.

To talk briefly about it, I was previously interested in knowing about the past history of Northeast Asia due to the hate speech campaign/demonstration against the Koreans in Japan in recent years and found out that the present-day standard Japanese language is the dialect of the past languages of the Korean Buyeo-Koguryeo-Baekje-Kaya line. On this site, I prefer not to get into a long dissertation regarding it.

The Yamato Colony was a part of the Korean Kaya Kingdom in the form of a federation in the late 3rd century when the first King of Yamato Japan, King Oh-Shin, a son of King Jin-Gwan of Kaya Korea (15th 應神天皇 Emperor Ojin in Japan), literally founded the present day Japan.

According to their version of the fabricated history, it is not all that clear with regard to their origin. All 14 emperors before him are fabricated. And obviously, most Japanese are oblivious regarding it.

Believe it or not, most of their ancestors prior to the 1800s paid honour to the Korean heritage as their Fatherland, many leaders were at least. The mindset of their new leaders of Choshu/Yamaguchi and Satsuma/Kagoshima and, consequently, the population as a whole started to change around this time when they fully begin to adapt the European culture/technologies and excel the Fatherland due to their backwardness compared to Europe.

It is not that many reformers in Korea, at the time, were not working to quickly move towards the advancement, but they failed and most of 'em were executed, purportedly, by the worst leader ever of Korea's history, Daewongun of Joseon/Chosun. Whereas in Japan, Tokugawa clan in power was overthrown by the new leaders and moved quickly towards the militaristic fascism. Oh well, on this site, I regret to end at this point and not to get further into the issues under the current thread.

Lastly, what I will say is that, you know, you who try to attempt to disparage your true progenitors, I am afraid that there is no future for you and there is nothing to learn nor gain from being arrogant and proud, only eventual perpetual destruction!

Page 3 of 3 First 123