Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 10:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone was trying to grab your gi (would work for certain gracies and judo guys that wear gi) you could grab their fingers. Kind of like this:
    finger takedown

Edited by - brandeissansoo on February 07 2003 13:03:55

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feEl like stating the following:

1. not all great fighters desire to enter sporting events like UFC, NHB, PRIDE, K1 so that argumnet means nothing.

2. finger locks are a first move , however once broken the pain stops due to shock and adrenaline (sp?). I know first hand, plus the look on his face once it broke and I started punching him.

3. to argue about styles when somebody does not include yours in thier OPINION is a waste of time.
    If they never trained in your style why would they want to comment on it.

4. To assume how a style is from limited knowledge
    is just ignorant. Forums and videos offer limited information that only hard training can provide.

5. BJJ is not MMA it is a style. JKD is MMA as an example Dan Inasanto provided Bruce with the trapping from KALI. As in all classes the student takes what works for them and hard training is the only way to find out.

Of course this hurts, after all it is not basket weaving.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 11:57am

Style: Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "First: All i know is that ALL Traditional Martial Artists that entered in Early NHB fights got their butts kicked."

Yes, that is all you know. Thanks for stopping by.

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 2:20pm

Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that list was aimed more at its popularity not its effectiveness.
    I hope the wrestling and the Bjj guys know that many people see rolling on the ground boring, grappling is boring to most people, so they like the idea of "ki" or "chi" and doing really high fancy kicks. Fact of capitialism.

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't like to knock any martial arts, but that's not to say I like some more than others. But my teacher insists on one principle:
    "In mortal combat, the man who is more extremely violent will win."
    Let's face it, when your life is on the line, you'll do whatever it takes to preserve it. Personally, I don't like to think of gouging someone's eyeballs or squeezing their throat until they go bug-eyed.
    So, my hats off to those professional fighters who put themselves on the rack to keep me entertained (and they keep me entertained quite well), but I hold the belief that any martial art is only as good as the practitioner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kempocos:
    "5. BJJ is not MMA it is a style. JKD is MMA as an example Dan Inasanto provided Bruce with the trapping from KALI. As in all classes the student takes what works for them and hard training is the only way to find out.

Of course this hurts, after all it is not basket weaving."

Oh My God im so ignorant...U r wright mister Kempocos sir... What was i thinking??? I wait to see the new JKD superfighters that will win all the NHB tournaments. OOOh i forgot they don't Fight in NHB, how silly iam... Ok i believe u.
    JKD is the best MA in the HOOOOLE WORLD-(No proof about that statement but since Kenpocos said it then i believe him).

Ah lets don't forget Stencil...This guy is above having conversation with us and says things like:
    "Yes, that is all you know. Thanks for stopping by."
    NOW can u explain what u meant???

Raging Bull:"In mortal combat, the man who is more extremely violent will win."

I agree! But i think it's more complicated than that.

Also i agree that Grappling seems boring to the people "outside". I like fancy high kicks too, i had TKD and Kick-B. in the past but they don;t work in real situations.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GRECO - Did I direct anything at you, I made statements from my opinion. I do not train JKD and I never said anything about JKD except it is not as much a style as it is a Mixed Martial Art.

I find anyone who is narrow minded enough not to train both striking and ground , does not have to be BJJ is limiting themselves when the time goes to throw down. BJJ is a style and the PURE BJJ guys seem to get the butts kicked in the almighty judge of all fighting UFC. I hope sarcasim is not missed on you as other things seem to be.

take a deep breath and relax this is a discussion.

Of course this hurts, after all it is not basket weaving.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 1:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What do u meen by that? That JKD is WHAT? Or for WHAT? For real fighting? What r you trying to say?
    There are a few underground tournaments with no rule AT ALL...Still i haven't heard about a JKD or a traditional Martial Artist win a fight like that.
    Hey, don't mock JKD, they've got that much touted straight-blast attack. If a JKD stylist ever got a chance to lay that technique on a grappler before he got taken down to the ground, well, let's just say that those guys in the MMA and NHB world would be in a world of hurt.

Besides, their hero, Bruce Lee, never lost a fight in any of his movies, top that!

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 1:58pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone in MMA is doing JKD, they just don't know it.

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 2:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Everyone in MMA is doing JKD, they just don't know it."

Added to quote list.

Speaking of JKD...It's about finding what style of fighting works best for you, right? Hence Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do. Would mine be Pauly Vescio Jeet Kune Do?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast