Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 5:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow I never heard about any of this stuff, thanks.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2006 12:25am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some say that Matsui leadership has been good for IKO1, with expanding membership and a well run organization. That many top bbs left him they say has more to do with their ego than his leadership. I, however, have some doubts.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 7:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! Good use of "Thread Necromancy!"

Very sad, but it affirms my opinion that 99% of MA politics is simple ego and greed.

Hope the KK can keep it together. What some of the old greedy men forget is that the students in Canada, US, England, et cetera bow to the picture of a style's founder, not to them, nor do they really care how important they think they are.

--J.D.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 8:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    Some say that Matsui leadership has been good for IKO1, with expanding membership and a well run organization. That many top bbs left him they say has more to do with their ego than his leadership. I, however, have some doubts.
    Actually,Doc I think this has more to do with a convo I've been having with Pat in PM.

I think Pat might be a little worried that I might be riding Matsui's his nuts.It's difficult for anyone to know why some people decide to leave one group for another unless they know the individuals involved personnaly.But to understand we have to look closely at a few people who have left IKO1 for what I would say are greener pastures.

Midori was a sensei in the original IKO.Went to the newly IKO2 and became branch leader.A few years later he's now head of IKO2 with status as Kancho.He just recently changed the name to ShinKyokushin or New-Kyokushin.

Shihan Royama also broke away just 2 years ago and he's now a Kancho in his group.

One of the original supporters was an Australian by the name of Shihan Cameron Quinn who too joined Royama and too has said he did it to help the surviving Oyama family.

For whatever personnal reasons people might have had to leave one group for another.We can't look above the fact that many have usually gotten a promotion and elevation of their titles.

Personnaly,I don't really give 2 craps whom I train under.I can decide to leave one school for another .Existing under different organisations.No one Shihan or organisation claims to have the real Kyokushin.This isn't wing-chun after all.:mas:

Every group practices realistically and every so often there's a tournament.The one difference today than compared to say 10 years ago.A fighter could attend any tournament around the world as he so wishes to.

Today it's harder because of the risk of raising all sorts of **** storms.I suppose it's may be similar along the lines between all the BJJ and Gracie schools from what I've been reading.

Pat,you were probably worried that I was going to tell you off if you had nothing nice to say about Matsui.One absolut abotu Matsui is he cetainly was a great fighter in his day and if the financial opportunity ever arises I hope to go train at his dojo in Japan.

Is he a bad leader?I counld't say because I've never met the man or worked with him .What I do now is he's pushing his group of fighters to do more cross-traing and one day enter a wide variety of tournaments.It's only a question of time when it becomes more universally accepted .
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 10/26/2006 8:34pm at .

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 9:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This organization **** is annoying. Why can't all styles be like Judo?
    カンフー

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 12:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Osu,

What is now the situation of Kyokushinkan, the Royama Kyokushin group? Is it developped?
    Does many people join this group?

Thank you,
    Shoto

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 7:20pm

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard alot about the Yakuza in Kyokushin. Even when Oyama was alive. I heard some Kyokushin high black belts use to do "Yojimbo" work for them.

I heard that is one of the reasons that some of the higher ranks left Kyokushin even before Oyama died.

This is all first hand from someone who was in Kyokushin from 1969-1979.

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 7:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkManX

This is all first hand from someone who was in Kyokushin from 1969-1979.
    Source?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 11:39am

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is someone I know personally and I wont say his name online. He trained with Shigeru Oyama at the White Plains NY Dojo and also at the original IKO Honbu with Mas Oyama.

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 11:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am part of the Tezuka Group and i can speak for this group that Kaicho Tezuka is a very honorable man and honest. He is not driven by money. He has been to my dojo in New York 4 times and has not ask me for one dime and that goes for the Vice chairman also. Organizations are good. When you pay all the dues for each student etc. What will the oraganization give back. and sometimes them being there at tournaments and seminars without asking for $$$$$$ is a plus.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678