Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 9:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Belts = Gradings = Lineage = Politics = waste of valuable traing time = loss of decent instructors / fighters

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 9:19am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say give everyone a white belt, no other belts except Black.
    When do you get your black ?
    When you can match up with Black belts, consistently, wither that takes 1 year, 5 years or 10 years.
    Or maybe like Oyama though about it, for your Black, when you can survive a match with 5 Black belts, you're a Black.

As for being the "head" of an organization, who the **** wants that ???
    Last edited by Ronin; 12/03/2004 9:21am at .

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, how long do these kumite fights last? And by survive do you you mean still standing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 9:51am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make em 2 minutes each for a 5 man & 10 man kumite, make them 1 minute for 30 man and 50 man, and make them "match ends with knockdown" in the 100 man kumite, and by survive I mean still standing, yes.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 10:00am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are a mine of useful information about bare knuckle fighting.

Thanks again.

Edit: Damn, that sounds so arse licking. :angry7:

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 11:20am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those are "rough rules", they kind of change from dojo to dojo and organization to organization.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 11:53am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    I say give everyone a white belt, no other belts except Black.
    When do you get your black ?
    When you can match up with Black belts, consistently, wither that takes 1 year, 5 years or 10 years.
    Or maybe like Oyama though about it, for your Black, when you can survive a match with 5 Black belts, you're a Black.
    The Japanese regimented mind set / school system that produced the kyu/dan system does seem silly. I think white/green/brown/black would be ok. Or maybe just wait for your white belt to darken and turn black!!

As for being the "head" of an organization, who the **** wants that ???
    Who wants to be head of an organization? Here's the reason (besides prestige and blow jobs from ma groupies!): 1,000,000 Kyokushin members X $10 yearly dues = $10,000,000.

For instance I belong to Universal Kempo Karate Schools Organization and pay $20 a year for that privilege. It also costs $50 a month for lessons. So assuming that the 90 branches each have @ twenty five members, that's 25 X 90 X 20 = +$50,000. That I can work out when I'm in Hawaii with a fun group in a well run school is great. If Proffesor Buell gets some dough, good for him. I don't begrudge people making money for good service, it's just the bullshit that offends me.

The lineage is Mitose/Chow/Emperado/ Thomas/Seronio/Reyes/ Godin/Buell/Instructor Eric (smooth fast 6th Dan)/ ME! I like the sense of what/where/who, and the history, so in a way I don't agree with "Belts = Gradings = Lineage = Politics = waste of valuable traing time = loss of decent instructors / fighters."

Make em 2 minutes each for a 5 man & 10 man kumite, make them 1 minute for 30 man and 50 man, and make them "match ends with knockdown" in the 100 man kumite, and by survive I mean still standing, yes.
    You mean able to get back up, right?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 11:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, get back up is about right...

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 11:55am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lineage is beginning to get on my tits ...

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Oh boy we need to place a limit on posts.

I pay no attention to politics. All of this ' this guy branched off and started his own thing because that guy said something to that other guys second cousin'. Who cares about all of that ****.

So what if these guys over in Japan with too much time on their hands start going crazy.
    Does it make us better fighters ? No.

Just train.
    This is Bullshido. I can post whatever I want. I can say '**** you' to Phrost (and I can say thank you very much for a forum where I can say that, thanks Phrost! )

I train plenty. I spent @15 years in Kyokushin, and wear my Kyokushin embroidered gi proudly. If I'm not a member and that bothers someone, they can take it off me. :thebirdma

I'm not saying Matsui is right/wrong/fucked up or anything else. I am interested in history and martial arts politics happen to be part of this. That it is a somewhat unpleasant topic is true, but so is the study of slavery or the Holocaust.

So what's your point? this is mine:
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast