Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 9:10am

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best MA technique would have to be flying back flip kick I saw in The THREE NINJAS.

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 6:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um. Osiris. My favorite technique in sparring is to open with a lead leg skip side kick. It used to catch people off guard, but I uver did it. Still, it can be a good opener.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The couple of times that we've doneflying side kicks in class they've been done with the understanding that they were applicable in only very rare instances and usually shouldn't be done even then. They are however fun.

I also think that they could be a good teaching technique as they illustrate a need for a high level of commitment in a technique.

For cliche techniques I'll vote for the already proposed "squeeze the caught fist until submission". This move was most notably carried out in "The Last Boy Scout" by Bruce Willis while a scantily clad Halle Berry danced in the background, my idea of a good time.

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 1:34am

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The chance of hitting someone with a flying side kick is very low, but if you connect the damage is great. But most of all it's fun. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 10:55am

Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that should be the new war cry.

Ok class when we do the fly kick make sure you do the battle cry!-mcteacher
    Whats the battle cry?-student
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-mcteacher

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Bruce really never made those noises? Then, after decades of errrrrhoooeey I'm gonna stop, maybe I'll switch to WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 10:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WHEEEEEEEE!!!!! it is......

I do elbows in Wing Chun. Rip the rag technique.

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345