Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 6:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what I'm talking about. The kind of techniques you only see in movies and women's self defense courses. The real question is, do they have merit? Are they indeed effective? I'll start off with two.

Palm-Strike to the Nose: Definately one of the kings of cliche. Boasts the ability to break your opponents nose or even KILL them with minimal force!...Well, actually that's true. If they are willing to hold still and let you hit them. And how often does that happen?

Eagle-Claw to the Adams Apple: A movie type move here. SUPER NINJA DARK SECRET-esque. Watch as the ninja forms the claw with his thumb, middle and index finger, proceeding to tear his opponent's throat out! But, in all reality, this move can be effective. If you had been mounted and managed to pull a good eagle claw on someone's neck, I imagine their objective would quickly change from "get a submission" to "PROTECT MY FUCKING NECK". It takes some practice and is not nearly as simple or easy to execute as the movies would like you to believe, but it can be effective.

Thoughts?

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 6:37pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The nose thing doesn't really work, I like the karate kid one leg in the air kick them with the other leg move. Snap kick to groin isn't 100% either.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL I'v never seen anybody try and crane kick somebody. I imagine it'd be damn funny though.

Palm strike works if you can hit dead on. The bottom of your palm is VERY solid in that position. Good luck hitting though.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I REALLY love the back hand strike to the person who is running up behind you!!! That is SOOO SWEET!! 'Specially cuz you never even look at the DOOD's FACE. You just Pound him! Kiai!

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nonono, You have to elbow him first, THEN the back hand!

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only MUAY THAI BEEEAATTCHES use elbows!!!

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IS BEEEAATTCHES A BJJ TERM?

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know...I've seen it on here. I think Peedee made it up. What does it mean?

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, elbows work.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keee-rist. It was a joke...Ye gods!

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast