Sponsored Links Spacer Image

X

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 6:21pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your cock is just too big, face the facts.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the only reason i have any input here is that i was recently talking about this topic with a woman i train with. she was trying to buy some fight wear for the NAGA tournament that just happened.

she ended up getting underarmour shirts (cause they are actually cut for a woman) and some knee length spandex shorts.

i would recommend the vollyball shorts, since bike shorts have padding in the crotch.

you can find surfer rash guards in women's cuts really easily. these guys are great and cheap http://shop.store.yahoo.com/beachtra...uardsgals.html

some people don't like the mock-turtleneck necks on the surfer rash guards, so they go for the underarmour shirts.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Too sick and broken to train

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 3:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet deal, ML.

My judogi works because it's cut entirely differently, and I can hitch it up to my armpits and then tie it and roll it, and it ends up sitting somewhere near my waist. Gis are a far cry from ideally fitted no-gi wear.

The shorts I tried on, when the waist was the proper size to stay up, kept riding up my bum, and the whole manner just kept creeping UP. When I got the next size up, they wouldn't stay up, and I don't think that grappling in something that sits even lower than my jeans will work very well.
    You're just JEALOUS!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 4:57am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also have an issue with lots of padding, since my new Koral gi fits TIGHT. Martial arts gear made for men is usually over-generous in the wrong way in the crotch/butt area.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 6:09am

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    I also have an issue with lots of padding, since my new Koral gi fits TIGHT. Martial arts gear made for men is usually over-generous in the wrong way in the crotch/butt area.
    Trust me...it's still not generous enough.

I can see how it could get annoying for girls though, but if they're not inside of the short, can't you cut them out like shoulder pads? Or would that ruin the fit of the short?

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My sister seems to like the Underarmour shirts, but she wears gi pants for grappling. The board or volleyball shorts mentioned before are probably your best bet.

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 10:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you don't want padding, don't buy BIKE SHORTS.

Honestly I've never had any padding in any of my bjj stuff, so I guess I have no idea what wierd companies you guys are buying stuff from.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you wear bike shorts to a grappling class you might as well just register as a sex offender.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    If you wear bike shorts while not biking you might as well just register as a sex offender.
    Fixed it for you.

This also needs to go ttt for the fannypack set.

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reikon
    Trust me...it's still not generous enough.
    I'm going to -rep you for this just in case you mean what I think you mean.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast