...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 8:20pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Movie review of "Rage of Honor" with Sho Kosugi

"Rage of Honor" starring Sho Kosugi is to date one of the most astounding 1980s ninja movies I have ever seen. Sho Kosugi plays the role of a Japanese generic super agent whose ninja powers makes him invincible when he is sent up against non-ninja Westerners. Naturally, "honaah" controls his life so when his friend is killed, he must go on an Asiatic vengance quest of raw ninja destruction. Indeed, it is only when the white man knows martial arts and uses a ninjato that Sho Kosugi finds himself in danger.

I have to say that as I watched this film over the course of 1 hour and 30 minutes I was constantly grinning. The longest smile I ever pulled.

Here are the reasons why you should watch this film right now:
    1.) It has sho kosugi versus South American jungle tribesmen who chuck spears and use blowguns. If you ever wondered whether a ninja or generic sterotypical tribesmen with spears would win in a fight, this would be your chance to find out.
    2.) It has ninja doorgunners operating on a helicopter! Then they get out of the helicopter and attack him with martial arts weapons, RPGs, *and* flamethrowers while wearing camo ninja suits.
    3.) Sho Kosugi has a ridiculous 80s girlfriend
    4.) As far as ninja flipping out is concerned, Sho Kosugi has a number of absolutely ridiculous spin jumps.
    5.) Sho Kosugi uses exploding shuriken with little digital windows on them.

This movie filled me with a profound sense of happiness and optimism about life. I think that you should all watch it right now.

Get it for a good price used from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 8:29pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It has glowing reviews everywhere:
    This movie is quite possibly the best movie ever made. Right from the start when he sticks his gun up that one guys butt to the end when he's jumping over cars, the action never stops. Sho Kosugi has one of the most expressive faces I've ever seen, from anger to fear to sadness he is able to portray any emotion. I'm deducting one star from this movie because of the scene when he throws the plastic toy wheel at the man in the truck like a throwing star it hit him slightly lower in the neck than I would have liked but overall this is an outstanding movie and I recomend it to anyone in the mood for action. ps Ray was on to something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 8:40pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The American Ninja series is superior, especially American Ninja 4: The Annihilation.

Sadly, I couldn't find pics of the scenes in AM4 with thousands of ninjas in formation, all in different colors. If only they all had guitars..

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 8:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's something wholeheartedly reassuring about watching incredibly bad movies.
    Last edited by supercrap; 12/02/2004 3:18am at .
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2004 2:24am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always liked Ninja 3: Domination, where the "evil" ninja possesses that totally-80's aerobics instructor to avenge his death at the hands of almost ALL the LAPD. Then Sho saves the day as the "good" ninja.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2004 3:48am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn I did not even know there was an american ninja part 4. But what about the 7 lucky kids ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2004 3:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have go tto admitt it was fun going to 42nd street here In NYC. 42nd street on satuays for 5 bucks you could watch kung fu , Ninja and horror flicks all day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2004 10:08am

Style: Karate/Kempo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw Ninja 3 The Domination at the movies when It came out. yep I told ya I was a Geezer...... I feel a sleep during it couldnt handle all the excitement.
    Ninja 1 isnt bad I got it on video tape. That is if you can get through the laser beem ninja weapon Sho uses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2004 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey what about "Pray for death" that was a decent ninja flick.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    12/02/2004 10:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Enter the ninja, when Franco Nero TRIES to use the nunchaku !!
    One of the funnest things I have ever seen in a movie.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast