Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 3:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been studying alot of NHB fight film, and reading and studying BJJ techniques. I have this question:
    If your mounted, it appears you are primarily toast! It is not a defensible position, and you must do everything to get out of it to atleast the guard. For those with experience, is this your perception also.

Thanks,

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 3:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but it's not impossible. 'Nuff said? One thing I've noticed from participating in this board, is that everyone seems to think that the guard is the position that a BJJ'er most desires to achieve. WTF?!!! We want the mount or side control, or across side or rear mount. The guard is a great defensive position, from which we can fight effectively. But is NOT the goal of BJJ.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 3:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Wastrel. What I have been reading says:
    1. Mount from back
    2. Mount
    3. guard
    4. side mount
    5. side mount with knee on chest ( could if you think theirs is more then one )
    Worst is mounted.

The info I have says work to the best position and once position is secured work for submission.
    Does this sound correct.

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 3:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ooops. Side mount should be before guard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 3:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets see...According to Wing Chun principles, the average WC participant would get ahold of one arm or both and pull them towards him while trying to bridge them off...Grounded lop sao. Dunno if it works, never tried it.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 3:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It can work, but it's all a matter of relative skill. I bridged a guy off of a mount in a brawl at a party. That was long before I studied BJJ. There are chokes that are easy to execute from this position.
    That order sounds about right. I knew that you weren't silly enough to think the guard was the most desirable position. My list wasn't meant to be ordinal. Side mount is also "side control". The knee on chest isn't two knees because otherwise you're too easy to sweep.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 3:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The knee on chest isn't two knees because otherwise you're too easy to sweep."

Sorry, what I meant was the one knee. The plural use I was reading you can use this if you think there is multiple attackers.

Edited by - justme on February 05 2003 14:52:48

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 4:22pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Choke and turnover. About all you've got.

Personally, I don't get mounted enough ...

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 4:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Personally, I don't get mounted enough ..."

Hmmmm..... me thinks you need a school that specializes in "mounting".... I think if I tried to mount you you would choke me....

Edited by - justme on February 05 2003 15:27:42

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 4:34pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    worst posisition; rear mount hooks in.
    when you're mounted and can't get the guy off you can always hold him chest to chest so I don't think its that bad.

Go away I'm talking to myself
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast