Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/25/2005 6:06pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Redman Suit?

Hey Guys.

I was wondering if anyone had gotten a chance to try the "Redman Suit" out. I've been looking for a good tool for my class. Or if anyone knows where it could be purchased piece by piece? (It is rather pricey).

I'm interested in opinions on this piece of equipment. Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2005 6:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you hoping to get out of it? If it's for a "rape" attacker type thing it isn't a bad choice. If you're looking for full body armor in order to let people going full till at each other, I think Blauer's HiGear suit is a much better option (provided you can afford it).

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2005 6:31pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is this what you are talking about?
    http://www.cwu.edu/~wwc/images/redaggressor.jpg
    if so, you really dont need that.

for karate? just wear gloves, head gear, a cup, and a mouth piece for full contact sparring.

Posted On:
    6/25/2005 6:44pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt:

Thanks for your quick response. That High Suit really seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. But its way out side of the price range. Still Awesome as hell.
    I want something that I would all the students to go full tilt on me, then me in turn.

_Mick_

We do all that good stuff. If you apply the technique with a fair amount of penetration people start hurting. Which is fun :boxing:. I'm looking for a way that we can go full force minus all the cursing and holding our ribs.

I'm thinking a headgear with a face grill, and chest protector may be the cheapest way. Thanks for the replies.

Cheers

rawr

Posted On:
    6/25/2005 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bernius
    What are you hoping to get out of it? If it's for a "rape" attacker type thing it isn't a bad choice. If you're looking for full body armor in order to let people going full till at each other, I think Blauer's HiGear suit is a much better option (provided you can afford it).

- Matt

that's funny I was also gonna suggest Blauer's high gear suit.
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

Kempo Instructor

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 1:25am

Style: Shorin Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We used the whole redman suit while training in the Coast Guard. It provides great protection but is hard to move in. The hands are completely covered so there is little to no finger movement, punches only. I thought there were too many different pieces for the forearm inside and out, thigh front and back, pieces easily got dislodged exposing your skin. Kicks were out of the question and groundwork was too damn hard. When put on your back you were like a lobster on it's back. It was very hot and expensive our GSA price was 900+. The video that came with it was not very helpfull either. There are better options but it is a good product if you can overlook the bulk, restraints, heat index, falling pieces, uncomfortable face cage, lack of mobility and sight.

For your class I think it would be a fair addition because you can go full force with little danger to the man in it. Don't think you will be able to do all techniques while inside though. We used it for baton and multiple attacks mainly against an untrained assailant. The suit was a good tool to shoot holes in the law enforcement training teams deadly tactics. It's also a lot of fun to beat the crap out of someone with no remorse. Good luck but buyer beware.
    Last edited by Mark Su Kow; 6/26/2005 1:32am at .