223537 Bullies, 3750 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 8:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey afro, like my avatar?
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 8:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by afronaut
    Pinching then? Purple Nurple-Fu? Titty-twister-fu? Devastating. Taught by the ancient counselor monks of Camp Breezy Lakes.
    Sure, if you can do all that to bones. Its a joint locking style not a joint rolling style.

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 8:23pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    Eagle claw has a lot of "grappling" also known as chin na. The open hand position is the way you hold your hand, the application of a grab is anywhere it is seen.
    i recently looked at a Chin-Na book at B&N's, and its was a joke. i looked just to see what i have learned recently with what was in the book. some of the subs where the same but with sloppy technique, really simple things too.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 8:25pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuDoesWork
    "Focusing sooo much on scratching with a particular hand position probably isn't going to be very effective."

LOL at this one. Scratching, ROFL!!! Sorry, but you need to read up a bit more.

on how to scratch people?
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 8:27pm

supporting member
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    Hey afro, like my avatar?
    Especially the style on your profile. An awesome style.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

"Santa is dead kid, welcome to the suck"

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eagle claw for the most part is garbage. Kung fu has degenerated into money grubbing economic industry. Mr Mantis pointed out one of the very few decent eagle claw teachingings you will find. My suggestion is, like everything, do some reasearch and ask questions such as "is there a 3 year contract?" and "are there 5 year old black belts?" or "outrageous testing fees? ie: 50 bucks per belt test and 25 per stripe(4)" ect. Which happens every 2 weeks. (which is way to short to test) You just need to find a legit school, which sadly, is hard to do here in the states, and even then, kung fu sucks anyway so why bother?
    I have niether the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manor of which I provide it.
    -A few good men

As the internet turns - omega

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 9:10pm

Style: Brass Monkey

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know most of the standard questions to ask, and if the instruction is competent i'm willing to pay a little more or deal with money hidden in testing fees, etc. what i'm really looking for is a critique on the style itself from someone knowledgeable on it who actually fights, and if there are any good schools teaching it. also, I'd like to do a lot more reading about other styles, i don't feel i know near enough.

as to kung fu sucking, kung fu doesn't suck. these yoccos who watched a few bruce lee movies and put five years into learning and then set up shop as grandmaster of such and such style suck. the true styles were refined over hundreds of years in actual life or death combat situations and the dedicated practioneer paired with proper style and good sifu can find all that for which he is searching in kung fu. haha. after all that bullsh1t has been said, the issue becomes finding said school. which i know may well be impossible. which is why my eyes are totally open and i'm willing to seriously consider any style anywhere in the world.

but the general things being said here are that Ms. Lau's school is not bull? Does anyone have personal experience with any of this?

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 9:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo
    but the general things being said here are that Ms. Lau's school is not bull? Does anyone have personal experience with any of this?
    If you really want to learn "Eagle Claw," you should seek out Gini Lau. She's the real deal. I do not have personal experience with her, or any of her siblings. However, anybody who knows anything about Eagle Claw knows that Lau Fat Meng was a bad ************. Since he's dead, you're best resource is one of the kids, I suggest Gini.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 9:58pm

Style: Brass Monkey

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you suggest Gini?

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 10:46pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo
    Why do you suggest Gini?
    Do you have wax in your eyes?

Reread the wisdom of t3h MANTIS:

If you really want to learn "Eagle Claw," you should seek out Gini Lau. She's the real deal. I do not have personal experience with her, or any of her siblings. However, anybody who knows anything about Eagle Claw knows that Lau Fat Meng was a bad ************. Since he's dead, you're best resource is one of the kids, I suggest Gini.
    btw, welcome to Bullshido. :)
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast