Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 1:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope not exactly what I meant. Lifetime stated he was going down to Singapore and wanted a martial art to study while there. Since he already lives in Australia I presume it would be pointless studying an art in Singapore that is already found in Australia. If you going to spend the money find something not too commonly found in Australia. Thats what I'm basically saying. Hope that clears it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2004 10:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since you have the 2 months time to train in Singapore, why don't you go and try out everything? What harm can that be? Besides you don't have to focus on one art now, just get the exposure and try out everything you see. I think that is way more fun than sticking to one art for now.

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 9:02am

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy
    Nope not exactly what I meant. Lifetime stated he was going down to Singapore and wanted a martial art to study while there. Since he already lives in Australia I presume it would be pointless studying an art in Singapore that is already found in Australia. If you going to spend the money find something not too commonly found in Australia. Thats what I'm basically saying. Hope that clears it.
    Oh,okay~~~
    Though i express my opinion in my reply to jungle_mania~~~
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    12/04/2004 9:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jungle-mania
    Since you have the 2 months time to train in Singapore, why don't you go and try out everything? What harm can that be? Besides you don't have to focus on one art now, just get the exposure and try out everything you see. I think that is way more fun than sticking to one art for now.
    Two months is a bit too short to learn a MA.Considering that learning MA in Singapore is much cheaper than many countries(due to non-commercial places),why dont u try a few MA and decide what you really want to do as your MA?
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    12/07/2004 12:04pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, so I went to Chris de Wet's club at Farrer Park. It looked alright, nothing incredibly impressive for my first first-hand MMA experience. Chris de Wet wasn't there so some other dude was taking the class, and there were kids running around the place throwing **** about. Training consisted of some warmup, light work on Thai pads doing jab-jab combos and not much grappling to speak of. No sparring either, I hear that's done on Sundays. I understand the class caters for all age and skill groups, because there was maybe a 15 year old girl there doing the course alongside some bigger, older dudes, but is this what I should be expecting here?

I understand that I'm not going to learn much in 2 months but I'm generally used to harder, more intensive training. If I'm looking for more of a challenge, where should I be looking? Any good Muay Thai or BJJ or Judo places?

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    12/08/2004 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lifetime,Chris de Wet is injured and had to rest for a while...............
    In that case,MT in Bukit Batok might be more suitable for u~~~

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 7:57am

Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime
    I understand that I'm not going to learn much in 2 months but I'm generally used to harder, more intensive training. If I'm looking for more of a challenge, where should I be looking? Any good Muay Thai or BJJ or Judo places?
    Kyokushin Karate man. I picked up ALOT in two months. There's alot of sparring during training. You can check out the various training venues and times at www.ikosingapore.com.

Oh, like what liuzg said, Muay Thai at Bukit Batok would be good too. I haven't been there before but I'm in Thailand now training Muay Thai and it's fucking awesome!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2004 7:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanda, nuff said
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123