Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 2:57pm

Style: MMA Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, take BJJ for a while and generally speaking if you ever get into a fair fight, you'll win. I've scrapped with people who dont know how to grapple at all or very well and it all comes down to the takedown, attain a good position (mount is teh goood for this) and pummel. It only takes one or two half decent shots from mount to calm down most people. Fear their chicken scratch technique

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 3:33pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And in BJJ, if you get in the "mounted" position, as in getting your face and head pummelled in on your back, you'll learn how to get out other than the "whine and bleed" technique!

OO-PAHHHHHHH!

*thrusts hips in the air*

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    Do you have an interest in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

You can try here www.teammegaton.com if you want a shot at BJJ.
    If you in fact would like to learn BJJ, I highly recommend that school. My coach trained there for a few years and Ive heard all about Megaton through him. He knows his ****, has won tons of tournaments, and his students are awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 11:57am

Style: No Style Yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Learning as I go.........

JKDChick Thank you. I believe that BJJ is a good direction for me. There seem to be 5 or so schools in the Phoenix area, including the one you suggested.

PizDoff The biggest of all thanks to you. For you lead me to Fitday.com through your link to the other forum. I personally, would pay to use this site, but its free! Its very useful to me.

KumaOni I want to break limbs, crush skulls, rip out hearts, rupture testicles, gouge out eyeballs, rip off nipples, and just generally hurt the other guy's feelings really, really bad. Oh yeah, I want to hit em so hard their fingernails never grow back. Closed casket funerals when Im done. Actually, I think self-defense may be a good place to start. WAAAAA!

5FingazofDeath Thanks for the input. I think I will try the school in Tempe, AZ because of proximity, but I may still make the drive everyday to Phoenix.

Anyone else I went to help my mother take her pet cha-hooa-hooa to the vet for shots yesterday. While the dog was in facing the needle, I wondered through the strip mall and saw a giant blue KARATE sign above a door. Then I saw a guy walking in, in a blue uniform, and I hollered at him, Hey, are you guys open?! He literally twitched, turn around, looked at me like a dear in the headlights, paused, then finally said yes. I must be a menacing figure! I went in, saw WE ARE A BLACK BELT ACADEMY. MY GOAL IS TO ACHIEVE BLACK BELT painted on the wall in 2-foot letters. I immediately knew I wasnt interested but listened to his pitch anyway. All about price. No mention of even what style they teach. I took his literature and politely left.

I think people joke about the term McDojo (I still feel funny using it considering I have been thinking about classes for only a week and that is my ONLY experience) but I think it isnt even really a joking matter. When somebody paints on the wall that the goal is to get a piece of fabric, that is scary. If it takes me three years to get a pink belt with ice cream cones on it, I personally will only care about the knowledge. Why do parents take their kids to these places?

Oh well, I am going to keep losing the weight, and reading up. I dont want to be a big fat uneducated ***** when I join up. Just a big *****.

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MesaArizona
    KumaOni I want to break limbs, crush skulls, rip out hearts, rupture testicles, gouge out eyeballs, rip off nipples, and just generally hurt the other guy's feelings really, really bad. Oh yeah, I want to hit em so hard their fingernails never grow back. Closed casket funerals when Im done. Actually, I think self-defense may be a good place to start. WAAAAA!

You sir, are an ideal candidate for Fillipino Martial Arts. Are there any Kali schools in your area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most people here are going to go and recomend there own style (in case you hadnt noticed).

The general attitude on this board is that unless it involves training full force techniques against resisting opponents at least some of the time you might as well be knitting. Personaly I think starting with grappling (wrestling/judo/bjj etc.) and then learning to strike later is better, but thats just because I dont like being hit in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 12:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive found that its easier for strikers to take up grappling, then for grapplers to learn striking. It seems like once you start to grapple, your mind doesnt "see" striking as good.

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 12:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MesaArizona
    PizDoff The biggest of all thanks to you. For you lead me to Fitday.com through your link to the other forum. I personally, would pay to use this site, but its free! Its very useful to me.
    I am glad that thread helped you (by other forum you mean Physical training forum right?)

I truely encourage you to become a 'Supporting Member'
    You can find the link to the Paypal page on the top left of your screen.

Supporting Members get access to the BBC and that's were a lot of the cool stuff happens.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12