Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 8:00pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bruce lee vs Royce Gracie

I found this post elsewhere. Tell me what your take is people, this is always a hot one.

http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/u...ML/003496.html

I think these A$$hole$ are clueless I love Bruce but he is unproven by today's standards.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bruce lee has the upper head advantage. He has lots of experience in street fighting and practiced the pure martial arts

OMG GRACIES DON'T DO PURE MARTIAL ARTS LOL

Not to be rude Dereck, but that's rediculous. Royce Gracie nearly lost to Ken Shamrock.. and when he did he ran away from sports fighting for a while because he was scared of ruining his perfect record ( in my opinion. )
    Comparing Bruce Lee and Royce Gracie is like comparing an above average street fighter to a Chinese monk.

Besides that.. Jeet Kune Do is just about the perfect counter-style to JuJitsu. JuJitsu is pretty much 100% takedown tactics and ground fighting. Bruce's theory was to use the longest weapon against the nearest target.. and he had the speed and reaction time to make it effective.

Just imagine for a second if you would.. Royce Gracie going for a double leg on Bruce Lee, head out front... body weight all shifted forward... arms open wide heading for Bruce's legs. Now imagine with Bruce Lee's famous speed and power.. throwing a side kick right to Gracie's head as it's heading toward his legs. Gracie would pretty much be knocking himself out on Bruce's foot because all of his body weight would be shifted into it. Like running into a car as it's speeding toward you. All he's doing is aiding Bruce's counter-tactics.

Bruce Lee was a street fighter. Royce Gracie was a sports grappler. You can NOT compare the two. You could ask "Who do you think would win under JuJitsu or Pride Fighting rules?" but comparing a sports fighter to a street fighter is just useless. In the streets speed and execution matter 100x more than theory. JuJitsu is theory. The theory that most fights end up on the ground, and that your opponent is unlikely able to TKO you before you grab his legs and wrestle him to the floor in a suicide rush. Bruce Lee wasn't worried about what was likely or not likely.. he trained for every occasion and he was in 100x better shape than Royce Gracie.

Bruce was faster.. more knowledgable, and had better form and philosophy than Royce Gracie. What on earth would lead you to believe Gracie would have a chance?

Sorry if I seem a bit aggressive, but like the many out there who actually studied Bruce Lee.. I can appretiate how much work he put into becoming such a near-perfect fighting machine.

Royce Gracie is still a student of life, Bruce Lee was a teacher.
    OMG LEE WAS THIS REALLY OLD MASTER LOL! SIDE KICKS COUNTER DOUBLE LEGS!!!!!! ROYCE DOSEN"T HAVE AS MUCH EXPERIENCE AS LEE DID WHEN HE DIED< LOL!

I apologize for double posting, but I forgot to mention two things. You touched on Gracie's cross training in some stand up styles.. but I think that would be rather useless going toe to toe with Bruce Lee because he defeated China's most talented martial artists. Also, he never lost a fight to my knowledge, even though he was challenged daily on the streets by some very accomplished fighters. Royce Gracie may be one of the best JuJitsu grapplers, but he comes up a bit short when you compare him to China's finest.
    OMG CHINA IS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE LOL! LEE MASTERED WING CHUN IN CHINA AND DIDN'T DROP OUT< LOL!
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 11/27/2004 8:10pm at .
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 8:12pm

Style: I'm a ninja bitch!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seriously who gives a **** ,bruce is dead.
    The question you should be asking is "Who do you think would win ,the ninjas.. or the gracies..."
    I think we all know the answer to that one.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WR, come now, you don't want to propagate this bullshit.
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 8:23pm

Style: I'm a ninja bitch!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here by saying i'll bet my testicles this thread gets thrown into trollshido...

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 8:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With high stakes like that, I'd try flaming the pro-Gracies a bit more, and then watch this thread degenerate into a spiral of flames, neg-reps and tears. :)
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 10:19pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG BRUCE LEE'S TOTALLY ORIGINAL IDEAS OF COMBINING MARTIAL ARTS TO MAKE IT BETTER FOR YOURSELF VERSUS ROYCE GRACIE'S SLOPPY SHOOT-INS WOULD EQUAL TOTAL COMBUSTION WHEN THEY TOUCH IN THE RING!!! LOLZZZ!!!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how all these dipshits worship BL, like he was some sort of god. HE WAS AN ACTOR. Yeah, he did MA, but who cares? Judo Gene Lebell provide he could grapple BL and BL even admitted it.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 10:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bruce Lee licks donkey balls.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2004 10:42pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree Bruce Lee had mmany challengers in china. In fact didnt a movie stuido make a reward for money if they could beat bruce lee on the street? I think standing up bruce lee would win but on the ground he will probally lose.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast