Jewelry is just asking for rippage.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/28/2004 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the people I've rolled with have always taken off stuff on instinct, they've realized that it's probably smarter than having it ripped off. Like I said if someone's going to be a retard and not take out their earrings, then let'em have it ripped out. Pain is one of the best ways to learn.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2004 11:03am

Style: Judo+BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The jewellery is a no-no in every judo dojo I've ever trained in. In fact, if you wear jewellery when fighting at a tournament, you lose. No questions asked, no chances given. I watched a guy tear another guy up, threw him and pinned him, but then the ref noticed the guy had forgotten to take off his wedding ring and DQ'ed him. Jewellery is dangerous to the people wearing it and the people that the wearer is rolling with.

Posted On:
    11/28/2004 12:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    Most of the people I've rolled with have always taken off stuff on instinct, they've realized that it's probably smarter than having it ripped off. Like I said if someone's going to be a retard and not take out their earrings, then let'em have it ripped out. Pain is one of the best ways to learn.
    The point I was trying to make is that others can be hurt (other than the one wearing the jewelry).

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    11/28/2004 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only jewelry I wear is a necklace (well, coin tied around my neck with "unbreakable" string and a ring looped onto the cord) that never comes off. So I roll with it, but for BJJ it's safely under my rash guard. With the DB fighting, it's only become a problem once, when my opponents punyo slipped under it while he was going for a fang choke. I realized what was happening and slipped it off before he could capitalize on it. I guess I figure since it never comes off at any other point, I may as well be training with it on.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Posted On:
    11/28/2004 12:38pm

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niloc
    The jewellery is a no-no in every judo dojo I've ever trained in. In fact, if you wear jewellery when fighting at a tournament, you lose. No questions asked, no chances given. I watched a guy tear another guy up, threw him and pinned him, but then the ref noticed the guy had forgotten to take off his wedding ring and DQ'ed him. Jewellery is dangerous to the people wearing it and the people that the wearer is rolling with.
    That was kind of stupid. The match was already over, no one was hurt, he should've just told him to remove it for the next match.

Too sick and broken to train

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 2:24am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a necklace that I never take off, that I take off to train. It's not only dangerous for me to wear it, the person I'm sparring with could seriously screw themself up if they caught it just right. Wearing rings is also uncool. I have one really small ring with no ornamentation, other than engraving, that I almost always wear, and I take off to train. Having your anything grabbed by somebody wearing a a ring, regardless of the size, is not particuarly comfortable, and it's particularly uncomfortable when they get you just right.
    You're just JEALOUS!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's one guy at my MT club who wears 3 thick gold necklaces/chains, like some badass rapper. Everyone tells him that they're simply going to remove one of his chains, once they've knocked him out. He likes that, he uses it for motivation, to avoid getting knocked out.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 3:39pm

supporting member
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It depends on what I'm wearing. A nice choker if it's something with a low neckline. Some nice earrings, maybe. Perhaps a pin if I'm trying to impress someone.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12