Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 4:21pm

Style: japanese jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a problem, I am a white belt in BJJ, I am 15, 5'8 and 121 lbs, All the other members of the school are full grown men, the shortest and lightest member of the school(there are only like 6 of us) and I can't tap anybody. I'm really good at defending submission but I can't tap anybody, I get tapped about once a class. What should I do?
    If you only get tapped once/class, you must be doing alright.

Anyhow, I wouldn't worry about it. You're 15 and 120 lbs for chrissake. Y'all deserve respect for just being out there.

Man-strength is different than kid-strength. This is both a physical *and* mental thing. FWIW, this is why the concept of a 12 y/o sandan is just laughable.

Anyhow, echoing what others say, stick with it. By the time you're 19-20ish and you get some gains from maturity, you'll be well-served.

NOTE: since it's not clear you've had your growth spurt yet, I'd recommend taking especial care of your joints. A severe injury near a growth plate could have the unintended consequence of calcifying the end of the bone. When this happens, the growth of that bone is complete. I'm not sure, but I've always suspected this is part of the reason judo's kids competition doesn't allow arm bars.

Edited by - fragbot on February 04 2003 15:29:40

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 5:14pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd with all do respect I was pointing out that Helio is not a big fan of muscle developement over technique. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it but Gracie Jujitsu loves to sport that it is best for the smaller person. Read Helios interview in grappling magazine to see what I mean.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 6:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote]

Uhm do you expect to just walk in don a gi and then start tappin pple who have been doing it LONGER than you and have a physical advantage?

No, the school is very new, everyone is a white belt.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 6:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look at it this way.

Its much harder to fight from defensive position when your smaller, than offensive when your bigger.

You'll contine to grow, but have the knowledge of how to defend against much larger opponents.

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 1:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a problem, I am a white belt in BJJ, I am 15, 5'8 and 121 lbs, All the other members of the school are full grown men, the shortest and lightest member of the school(there are only like 6 of us) and I can't tap anybody. I'm really good at defending submission but I can't tap anybody, I get tapped about once a class. What should I do?

First of all.. shorten your name to bj cuz you are a fudgepacker......fifteen years old and you already like big black cock? Of course you can't tap...i mean "poke" anyone....with that 2 inch stump of yours it wont satisfy my turtle....thats right miyagi has a turtle.......you white belt? get black paint...and paint belt black....you are truuuuuuuuuuue blackbelt .....daniel son....you make my turtle proud! If you become truuuuuuue blackbelt and you would be smart to rape it and pleasure it.......name it donatello.........you get tapped once a class? by who???? Saddam Hussein!!!! just remember...........miyagi and his turtle are always watching you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2003 1:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First of all.. shorten your name to bj cuz you are a fudgepacker......fifteen years old and you already like big black cock? Of course you can't tap...i mean "poke" anyone....with that 2 inch stump of yours it wont satisfy my turtle....thats right miyagi has a turtle.......you white belt? get black paint...and paint belt black....you are truuuuuuuuuuue blackbelt .....daniel son....you make my turtle proud! If you become truuuuuuue blackbelt and you would be smart to rape it and pleasure it.......name it donatello.........you get tapped once a class? by who???? Saddam Hussein!!!! just remember...........miyagi and his turtle are always watching you
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12