Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 9:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what it means either. I just assumed it meant "total loser" or something like that. See, TBM got on me for saying sprinting was good for you a while back and I don't think he likes me anymore. Sometimes when I think about that I cry.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 2:03pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    regarding Beetle kicks-

We do these a lot in the Army, however, our platoon seargent makes us do them very slow instead of fast, you get a lot more burn and the muscle is kept under constant tension. And we usually do these after we've done several other ab exercises.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 4:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TL stands for Too Long. as in tl;dr (too long; didn't read). It was a joke. 9chambers, I'm not putting you down at all. I think it's good you've found a routine you like and that works for you. Cuz in the end, that's the single most important thing - that it works.

And I've never said that sprinting isn't good for you. The only thing along those lines I would say is that sprinting would only have marginal benefits for martial arts endurance specifically. If you just want overall health, or want to be a good runner, sprint to your heart's content.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 4:15pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For most of us, bombers = tuck jumps, and hill climbers = mountain climbers. At least, those are the names I've heard almost everyone refer to those exercises as.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel
  5. 9chambers

Posted On:
    1/01/2005 4:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TBM,

Oh. .. Sorry then. It is kind of a long thread, I guess. Anyway, "tuck jumps" is bit more descriptive than "bombers" so I think I'm going to keep that one in mind. Thanks. :)

PO9

At about what pace do you guys do them?
    Last edited by 9chambers; 1/01/2005 4:20am at .

Posted On:
    1/01/2005 8:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well for starters, just about every exercise is done ona 4 count, 1,2,3..1,1,2,3,...2

so right elbow to left knee is 1, left elbow to rihgt knee is 2 and so on. We do them slow enough that none of our kinetic energy is used to assist the exercise, the muscle is kept under tension the whole time, about one to two seconds between each elbow movement.

The circuit training..er...obstacle course is similar to much of the exercise I've experienced from day one of basic training, minus any weights or machines (just body weight calisthenics and exercises).

Another taxing one you might like is the 8 count psuh-up. Start with feet about shoulder width, squat down so your hands are out in front of you on the ground. Kick your legs back so you're in a push-up position. Do two push-ups, then bring your legs back under your body and stand up. That's one rep.
  7. 9chambers

Posted On:
    1/02/2005 12:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds like it would be worth the extra time it would take. I tried holding my crunches for a while but it felt like I was ust spending more time on those than it was worth. It makes more sense with the beetle kicks because of the larger movements involved. That would be kind of like swimming in place. I'll start doing them slow sometimes. Maybe fast to warm up and slow to cool down. Like, do them before and after my weight training. Then do crunches to spend whatever energy is left. :)

The 8-count push-ups sound kind of like what some people call "burpies" .. those are good. I've got them on my list of exercises to work in once in a while but I just figured that I'm already doing the push-ups, jumprope, squats (other day) and sprints. My problem is fitting everything into a reasonable schedule. You Army guys get to train a lot more than I do. That sucks. :(
    Last edited by 9chambers; 1/02/2005 12:31am at .

Posted On:
    1/02/2005 8:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just noticed you do sprints in your routine. Since you have the room, you might want to add bear crawls, and forward and backward crabwalks for that 10-15 m in between sprints and some sprintig backwards.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12